• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Juklitz

Interview with Petr Mrazek

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

It's not "rushing" them if they're just coming to get a feel for the NHL for a couple games. It's not  like the Yakupov situation where he was rushed into the NHL full time (along with other things) and it killed his career. I'm sure it would be more fun for them than anything.

And ya, I noticed it wasn't your post after I commented. Haha. 

You originally said "fire sale vets and bring guys like Bertuzzi, Svetch, and G. Smith up". I assume you meant for the rest of the season, which is more than "a couple games"... Still, I don't agree with the whole, get them up for a cup of coffee thing, unless they're actually ready. I don't think any of them are ready, with the exception of maybe Bertuzzi, and even that's questionable at this point... Sure, we could call them up and it could benefit them, but it could just as easily (maybe more likely) stunt their growth. Let them get to a point where they're dominant in the lower league, then call them up. Svech and Bertuzzi are far from dominant in the AHL, although I don't think it's as important for Bert, as I believe he projects to be more of a bottom 6 player at the NHL level...

Svech looks like he is just starting to get his footing in the AHL. After a slow start there's been an improvement in his numbers. I haven't been able to watch him play so I'm not sure how he looks but he is starting to produce more. I'd say leave him there instead of ripping him away from his success to play with this mess of a team

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You originally said "fire sale vets and bring guys like Bertuzzi, Svetch, and G. Smith up". I assume you meant for the rest of the season, which is more than "a couple games"... Still, I don't agree with the whole, get them up for a cup of coffee thing, unless they're actually ready. I don't think any of them are ready, with the exception of maybe Bertuzzi, and even that's questionable at this point... Sure, we could call them up and it could benefit them, but it could just as easily (maybe more likely) stunt their growth. Let them get to a point where they're dominant in the lower league, then call them up. Svech and Bertuzzi are far from dominant in the AHL, although I don't think it's as important for Bert, as I believe he projects to be more of a bottom 6 player at the NHL level...

Yeah it could go either way with Svetch and G. Smith I guess. Bertuzzi should come up if there's room though, and I hope there is. It's time to start selling assets soon, but with 5 of 6 points in the last three games and guys returning from injuries, I hope Kenny isn't getting any ideas about standing pat at the deadline and hoping to sneak in the playoffs.

I'd like to see them keep Green and Vanek, but they are the most valuable assets for trade. If Vanek does end up moved as a rental to a contender, hopefully he and Kenny can work out something to have him resign after July 1. He's been a great player for this team and he likes it in Detroit, so it's possible.

10 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I'd like to see them keep Green and Vanek, but they are the most valuable assets for trade. If Vanek does end up moved as a rental to a contender, hopefully he and Kenny can work out something to have him resign after July 1. He's been a great player for this team and he likes it in Detroit, so it's possible.

Even if he goes to a contender he'll likely end up in Vegas. He's one of the few high end talents they'll be able to negotiate with. 

10 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

After the deadline bring the kids up. If they struggle a bit it won't hurt them and maybe getting a taste of the NHL gives them a boost.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Tom Mccollum.

I'm all for playing young talent, but you don't play kids for the sake of it at their possible detriment. Plain irresponsible.

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

What about him? He wasn't good enough to be an NHL. That's a talent issue.

What about Jurco? Another talent issue? Or is it possible he was brought up too early / mismanaged? If we trade Green and / or Smith, I'm all for inserting Sproul. If we trade Vanek and / or another forward, I'm all for calling up Nosek or Bertuzzi. I just can't get behind calling up a player like Svechnikov too early, who has a high ceiling, but clearly isn't ready yet...

12 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

What about him? He wasn't good enough to be an NHL. That's a talent issue.

At this point I'd agree. But if you are actually aware of his career, you'd know he was a 1st round pick that was completely mismanaged. 

Ok let's just start playing all the kids as soon as we draft them. You wouldn't have a problem with that would you?

People are obsessed over our "kids". Our kids aren't that good. Some are. Like Mantha, like Larkin. But most of them don't belong in the NHL and shouldn't be up here without some more AHL games. I mean I get it, Holland has isses of overipping people, but that doesn't mean you take the complete opposite approach and throw some underriped kids out there. 

Wtf do we want Cholowski on the squad too? He hasn't even finished puberty yet I don't think. 

Edited by kickazz

27 minutes ago, kickazz said:

People are obsessed over our "kids". Our kids aren't that good. Some are. Like Mantha, like Larkin. But most of them don't belong in the NHL and shouldn't be up here without some more AHL games. I mean I get it, Holland has isses of overipping people, but that doesn't mean you take the complete opposite approach and throw some underriped kids out there. 

Wtf do we want Cholowski on the squad too? He hasn't even finished puberty yet I don't think. 

I'd put Athanasiou on the list of 'good' kids.

50 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Such a great move taking Cholowski instead of Chychrun just to dump salary for one season. We're lucky if Cholowski shows up in five years. What a waste of a first.

You're being serious? The kid is 18 and you have no idea how he will develop. Sorry you didn't get your precious Chychrun and the whopping 11 pts hes put up... also worth mentioning that dumping that salary allowed us to sign Helm, Vanek, and Ott. Those guys will net us more draft picks pretty soon here. Losing has driven this board mad.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Such a great move taking Cholowski instead of Chychrun just to dump salary for one season. We're lucky if Cholowski shows up in five years. What a waste of a first.

I wouldn't be quick to judge chaps. You never know. Chychrun sucks btw. For now at least. 

Edited by kickazz

52 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You're being serious? The kid is 18 and you have no idea how he will develop. Sorry you didn't get your precious Chychrun and the whopping 11 pts hes put up... also worth mentioning that dumping that salary allowed us to sign Helm, Vanek, and Ott. Those guys will net us more draft picks pretty soon here. Losing has driven this board mad.

Sorry, but we could of drafted Cychrun and still signed Helm, Vanek and Ott. What we used Datz cap space mostly on was Nielsen. I'll take Cychrun and eat Datz cap space over Nielsen at age of 32 while paying him $31.5 million, an average annual value of $5.25 million. Dman take time, everyone knows this. I don't dislike Cholowski, but the fact of the matter is we had a chance at a Dman that was top 5-10 ranked in the draft for half of last season, than dropped a little bit. And our GM blow it. Something we've not had a chance at in years on top of years. Hell I'd rather drafted Cholowski still eaten Datz cap. I see no reason for Nielsen to be on this team. Only reason he's he because Holland "had" to do something because Stamkos didn't even look our way. At least we are 6-0 in SO now right right?

I don't care about hindsight or not, that contract is crap for a team in our position. We would be in the same spot we are in now even with Stamkos. We are in no position to sign vets, it's been clearly obviously to anyone without blinders on we need a real rebuild 2 years ago. Now we are 2 years behind a rebuild, but hey at least we are gonna make the playoffs because we got Nielsen, Vanek and Ott, we also sign our great home grown talent Helm!.....Now we are stick with yet another trash contact with a player that is 32 years old. 

10 minutes ago, xault said:

Sorry, but we could of drafted Cychrun and still signed Helm, Vanek and Ott. What we used Datz cap space mostly on was Nielsen. I'll take Cychrun and eat Datz cap space over Nielsen at age of 32 while paying him $31.5 million, an average annual value of $5.25 million. Dman take time, everyone knows this. I don't dislike Cholowski, but the fact of the matter is we had a chance at a Dman that was top 5-10 ranked in the draft for half of last season, than dropped a little bit. And our GM blow it. Something we've not had a chance at in years on top of years. Hell I'd rather drafted Cholowski still eaten Datz cap. I see no reason for Nielsen to be on this team. Only reason he's he because Holland "had" to do something because Stamkos didn't even look our way. At least we are 6-0 in SO now right right?

I don't care about hindsight or not, that contract is crap for a team in our position. We would be in the same spot we are in now even with Stamkos. We are in no position to sign vets, it's been clearly obviously to anyone without blinders on we need a real rebuild 2 years ago. Now we are 2 years behind a rebuild, but hey at least we are gonna make the playoffs because we got Nielsen, Vanek and Ott, we also sign our great home grown talent Helm!.....Now we are stick with yet another trash contact with a player that is 32 years old. 

You had a different tone about it when Nielsen was signed in the summer. 

I always thought the Datsyuk contract dump in exchange for moving down in the draft was a bad move. Holland was trying to dump it to anyone he could before the draft, but there were no takers. Arizona knew Holland was looking to draft a defenceman with his first pick, saw Chychrun (who they were gunning for)was still on the board, so they went to Holland, who of course jumped at the deal because he was so determined to clear dead cap to sign a vet to help continue The Streak instead of just eating the cap and starting the overdue rebuild, and they got their man. A 6'2 210lb hard hitting physical two way dman who was more or less NHL ready and ranked top 5 for part of the year. Guess Kenny figured that kind of player couldn't help the Wings impending rebuild though. Nah, overpay to sign a 32 year old 2nd line center and draft some skinny baby faced offensive minded dman they could have taken in the 2nd round that's just starting college and won't be of any use for years, if at all. What a joke.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Even if he goes to a contender he'll likely end up in Vegas. He's one of the few high end talents they'll be able to negotiate with. 

Vegas does have an "early window" to negotiate with UFAs, but I doubt many will sign with them instead of waiting until July 1 when they can receive offers from all other teams in the league and maximize the amount of money and term they'll get. 

If he gets traded but intends to come back to Detroit, cool. He wouldn't be the first player traded at the deadline to resign with his old team come July 1.

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

I wouldn't be quick to judge chaps. You never know. Chychrun sucks btw. For now at least. 

Too early to tell if he sucks or not. And he does play in Arizona. Hope Cholowski ducks when he sees him coming. If he makes the NHL that is.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

I always thought the Datsyuk contract dump in exchange for moving down in the draft was a bad move. Holland was trying to dump it to anyone he could before the draft, but there were no takers. Arizona knew Holland was looking to draft a defenceman with his first pick, saw Chychrun (who they were gunning for)was still on the board, so they went to Holland, who of course jumped at the deal because he was so determined to clear dead cap to sign a vet to help continue The Streak instead of just eating the cap and starting the overdue rebuild, and they got their man. A 6'2 210lb hard hitting physical two way dman who was more or less NHL ready and ranked top 5 for part of the year. Guess Kenny figured that kind of player couldn't help the Wings impending rebuild though. Nah, overpay to sign a 32 year old 2nd line center and draft some skinny baby faced offensive minded dman they could have taken in the 2nd round that's just starting college and won't be of any use for years, if at all. What a joke.

Source? 

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Vegas does have an "early window" to negotiate with UFAs, but I doubt many will sign with them instead of waiting until July 1 when they can receive offers from all other teams in the league and maximize the amount of money and term they'll get. 

If he gets traded but intends to come back to Detroit, cool. He wouldn't be the first player traded at the deadline to resign with his old team come July 1.

Too early to tell if he sucks or not. And he does play in Arizona. Hope Cholowski ducks when he sees him coming. If he makes the NHL that is.

You do realize Chychrun is basically the size of Dekeyser? Maybe has like 5 or so pounds on DK. They're both lanky skinny. All of our other defenseman weigh more than Chychrun lmfao.

Talk about overrating a player. Chyrchrun is not that good. He might be down the road but you're acting like losing out on Chychrun is a big deal. It's not. He wouldn't have sniffed the Red Wing locker room even if we drafted him. 

Edited by kickazz

Some may be overstating the impact of that trade, but I think most people (including Holland) would / will want a do-over on that one in hindsight, whether that be now or in a few years time. Sure, Chychrun might not be "that good" now, but the kid is 18, playing(arguably) the most difficult position, in the best league in the world. He would have instantly become our unanimous top prospect if we had drafted him. Despite Chychrun's fall in the draft, he still projects to be a top 2 defenseman, while Cholowski might become a decent top 4. I don't think it's a stretch at all to think / say that Chychrun will most likely be a much better player than Cholowski. Of course it is possible Chychrun never develops into the stud he's projected to be, and Cholowski exceeds everyone's expectations, but I personally doubt it...

I didn't like the trade back then, and I don't like it now, but I'm not going to keep bringing it up for the next 20 years, like I'm sure some will...