• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Juklitz

Interview with Petr Mrazek

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I don't think McCollum was mismanaged. He was just a really big disappointment. He was great in the OHL and had that one really good World Junior tournament, but took quite a while to even be competent in the AHL - splitting with Toledo in his first 3 years pro.

And I don't see the problem with the 10-3 St. Louis game from a development angle. McCollum was in his 2nd year pro and that's when many goalies get a shot. He probably wasn't ready, but it was forced by injuries to Ozzy and Howard. Anyway, he was only there to be Joey MacDonald's backup until Joey got blown out. McCollum was only in for 3 goals, so it's not like we sent the young kid out to the slaughter.

Didn't we pull Old MacDonald, throw McCollum in, then pull McCollum and throw MacDonald back in?

Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I remember that game being an absolute embarrassment

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Didn't we pull Old MacDonald, throw McCollum in, then pull McCollum and throw MacDonald back in?

Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I remember that game being an absolute embarrassment

I think that's right, but I don't really remember. 

I just checked stats to try to remember and they have McCollum at 12.00 GAA for that game/year!! haha. How does that happen? I guess it's because he didn't play the whole game and they must calculate as if he played the whole game. Anyway, It says he played less than 15 minutes and let in 3 goals. Any situation were they pulled him was probably warranted.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/mccolth01/gamelog/2011

I was never impressed with McCollum - even when I watched that World Juniors that got him hype.

To tie it all to thread, I'm still big on Mrazek despite his struggles and I think he's been pretty solid in the last while.

Few shots from Tatar... 

Q: Surgery was postponed for a long time.. 

T: Yes, it was. I was struggling a lot. I was able to play, but wasn´t very comfortable. I was not able to my job on the ice. Surgery was obviously needed. Hopefully I decided to go for surgery right after season´s end. I was not sure if I can finish the season. I´ve found physiotherapist there in Detroit and he saved the rest of the season, fixing my shoulder. ...  

Q: Last season was really bad for Wings, no p-o after 25 years. Next one should be better, right? 

T: Sure. Last one was pretty bad, everybody pretty sad about that, fans as well. Everything has it´s end. We didn´t want it that way, but injuries together with bad form.. one thing together with another ones and we didn´t make it. 

Q:.  Still solving the contract with Detroit? 

T: Yes, still working on it, obviously we have plenty of time. First priority is draft, then expansion draft for Las Vegas. Our GM Holland has hard days right now. My contract isn´t priority at the moment. Yes, well, I´d like to solve it out, for sure, but I´m patient, don´t want to hurry. Both sides need something, me as well. 

Q: GM Holland had some good words on you during WC2017. Do you expect smooth negotiation? 

T: I don´t expect major roadblocks. For sure I don´t want to go under some price, as well as Holland doesn´t want to overpaid. But it´s common. I´ve got good relationship with Kenny and it should be fine. 

+ 2 more questions about his rehabs, but not interesting. 

Way different approach and answers like last time, obviously he knows he has limited value with his shoulder at the moment. 

Edited by Juklitz