• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fedorovfan

Here's a very blunt read.............

Rate this topic

When was the last time a team that finished bottom 3 in the entire league became contenders within 3 years? The mid-00s Blackhawks? We're not getting a Patrick Kane level of player in the draft, btw

DRW this season has had a fairly easy schedule and they're still doing so terribly. There's no doubt in my mind, after the grueling February stretch that they will only trail Arizona and Colorado in the reverse standings

Edited by shocky2002

This team is as bad as it is in large part because of Blashill's incompetence.  Not giving AA a ton off PP time because of his defensive lapses, but giving Helm, Abdelkader, and Sheahan time there because "puck retrieval and defense" is borer line retarded.  The PP is supposed to possess the puck, not dump it in, and score, not be defensively responsible.  Sheahan and Glendening playing anywhere but the 4th line is equally moronic.  I get that they do some good things, but if a forward can't score, he's not very useful 5 on 5.  Hell, even the goons in the 80's and 90's would get a goal or two a year.  Glendening averaging 13:50 TOI a game, 1 goal in 50 games.  Sheahan ZERO goals playing 14:30 a night in 48 games.  Neither would be playing 10 minutes a night for a competent coach, and they'd likely be scratches or waived by a good team.  that's about 2/3 of the problem.  Blashill is the worst coach in the NHL.  He's a moron.  I half expect him to yell "CASH ME OUSSIDE HOW BOW DAH????" next time a reporter questions his player usage.

The other third is roster management.  Anyone still think Helm, Glendening, Abdelkader, and Nielsen were worth those contracts?  Helm and Abdelkader are nearing the age where players like them tend to start slowing down and are at the early part of their deals.  Helm's on a 33 point pace over a full season.  Abdelkader is on a 26 point pace.  Glendening is at best an average 4th line player, the kind of guy who gets by on working hard and is easily replaceable.  Nielsen hasn't been bad, but you give a guy like him a contract when you're a contender and need a second line center to put you over the top, not when you need to rebuild.  They needed to re-sign Dekeyser, and that's the type of deal guys like him get, but he's over his head playing on the top pairing and Holland did nothing to bring in someone to help.

The scary part is Holland is still talking like they have a chance at making the playoffs and actually doing something.  I have a bad feeling he's going to stand pat at the deadline because "you can't lose guys like Vanek and Green when you're trying to make the playoffs."

How long before fans start wearing bags on their heads at the games, like you see the worst teams in sports do?  

1 minute ago, Jacksoni said:

I ain't sellling my Larkin jersey. I'll go down with the ******* ship. See you on the way up in 5 years.

If you know someone who can stitch, you can change "Larkin" to say "Malkin", and sell the jersey as a knock off to someone in Russia.  You'd only need to change two letters around.  

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

Very true article, team has a lot of bad longterm contracts and no fixes for the number 1 center and defense position. This rebuild will be long and slow thanks to not accepting reality and going for one of the elite guys in the previous drafts

You have said many times that Detroit should have unloaded everyone as soon as Lidstrom retired in 2012 and should have started to tank, and I believe this is what you are saying when you say they have not accepted reality. With this logic, do you believe a team should always tank unless they are super young with "elite" young talent or are a favourite to winning the Stanley Cup?

For example St. Louis Blues, they suck in the playoffs as bad as anyone, probably worse then the Wings and they are not super young. Are they not accepting reality? Should they tank?  What about the Rangers? Nash and Lundqvist are getting older like Z and D, St. Louis is gone. They dont have any "elite" players left. Should they unload everyone? San Jose? I bring up all these teams because they are all pretty much in a similar boat to what Detroit was in back in 2012. Not to mention, the Wings have been re-building over the past 4 years given that almost 75% of their roster is completely different then what it was back in 2013, we just haven't completely tanked. What are your thoughts on teams that are fringe contenders? Should they all just unload everyone?

I've also said many times that the Canucks, Wings are first in line followed by Boston and the Rangers.

Also even if they don't that doesn't change anything for the Wings. This team needs a lot of things and you can't fix it with shortcuts that's the reality.

The Wings can't afford to stand pat because that means losing out on potential first round or second round picks simple as that.

48 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

I've also said many times that the Canucks, Wings are first in line followed by Boston and the Rangers.

Also even if they don't that doesn't change anything for the Wings. This team needs a lot of things and you can't fix it with shortcuts that's the reality.

The Wings can't afford to stand pat because that means losing out on potential first round or second round picks simple as that.

What about St. Louis? They are garbage come playoff time, just don't appear to be a team built for the playoffs, should they re-build?

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

This team is as bad as it is in large part because of Blashill's incompetence.  Not giving AA a ton off PP time because of his defensive lapses, but giving Helm, Abdelkader, and Sheahan time there because "puck retrieval and defense" is borer line retarded.  The PP is supposed to possess the puck, not dump it in, and score, not be defensively responsible.  Sheahan and Glendening playing anywhere but the 4th line is equally moronic.  I get that they do some good things, but if a forward can't score, he's not very useful 5 on 5.  Hell, even the goons in the 80's and 90's would get a goal or two a year.  Glendening averaging 13:50 TOI a game, 1 goal in 50 games.  Sheahan ZERO goals playing 14:30 a night in 48 games.  Neither would be playing 10 minutes a night for a competent coach, and they'd likely be scratches or waived by a good team.  that's about 2/3 of the problem.  Blashill is the worst coach in the NHL.  He's a moron.  I half expect him to yell "CASH ME OUSSIDE HOW BOW DAH????" next time a reporter questions his player usage.

The scary part is Holland is still talking like they have a chance at making the playoffs and actually doing something.  I have a bad feeling he's going to stand pat at the deadline because "you can't lose guys like Vanek and Green when you're trying to make the playoffs."

No one here seems to like Blash, but you really do go over the top. You still trying not to be considered a hater? I mean you've even managed to mock the mentally challenged and a 13 year old girl as some collateral damage of this rant.

4 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

No one here seems to like Blash, but you really do go over the top. You still trying not to be considered a hater? I mean you've even managed to mock the mentally challenged and a 13 year old girl as some collateral damage of this rant.

Relax, Francis.

Blashill is a terrible coach.  Moronic.  Imbecilic.  Has the mental power of a drug addled Shia Lebouf.  All he does is mumble about hard work and how guys who can't score are really valuable players that's why they get PP time over guys who can score, then wonder why the PP is so bad and they struggle offensively.  But it's definitely not because two guys who have combined for 1 goal so far this season are both playing 13+ minutes every night.  That's the very definition of stupid.  

He reminds me of a combination of Marinelli's "pound the rock" and RichRod not understanding why people were upset over 8-4 with the worst defense in the B1G and insisting that his 3-3-5 defense that couldn't stop a good running game was the best thing EVER.  That's not being a hater, it's being honest.

6 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Relax, Francis.

Blashill is a terrible coach.  Moronic.  Imbecilic.  Has the mental power of a drug addled Shia Lebouf.  All he does is mumble about hard work and how guys who can't score are really valuable players that's why they get PP time over guys who can score, then wonder why the PP is so bad and they struggle offensively.  But it's definitely not because two guys who have combined for 1 goal so far this season are both playing 13+ minutes every night.  That's the very definition of stupid.  

He reminds me of a combination of Marinelli's "pound the rock" and RichRod not understanding why people were upset over 8-4 with the worst defense in the B1G and insisting that his 3-3-5 defense that couldn't stop a good running game was the best thing EVER.  That's not being a hater, it's being honest.

Blashill is no Babcock, but hes a decent coach.

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Relax, Francis.

I agree that he not been great as a coach, but when you mock somebody the way you do, that's where hate comes in.

I do hate him as the coach of the Wings.  That doesn't make me a hater.  Away from that job, I hope he does well.  But the private person is different than him at his job.  If he was actually having some success and I was constantly bashing him, then I'd be a hater.  He isn't having any kind of success though.  

He took a team that should have been at least close to the playoffs and has them at the bottom of the conference.

He was supposed to work well with the young players, he hasn't.

He tries to be Babcock Jr. and fails miserably.

He pushes "hard work" over talent, even when the guys who work hard produce poor results.

Sheahan on the PP, Glendening on the second line.

Larkin playing with pluggers.

Sheahan given chance after chance playing on a scoring line while Jurco gets benched regardless of what he does.

AA getting 10 minutes of ice time and almost no PP time because he made a defensive mistake while Blashill's favorites can blow one defensive assignment after another and be rewarded with MORE ice time.

Team needs offense, must play defensive guys with no offensive ability more.

Name ONE THING that he does well as an NHL coach.

Edited by DickieDunn

16 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I do hate him as the coach of the Wings.  That doesn't make me a hater.  Away from that job, I hope he does well.  But the private person is different than him at his job.  If he was actually having some success and I was constantly bashing him, then I'd be a hater.  He isn't having any kind of success though.  

He took a team that should have been at least close to the playoffs and has them at the bottom of the conference.

He was supposed to work well with the young players, he hasn't.

He tries to be Babcock Jr. and fails miserably.

He pushes "hard work" over talent, even when the guys who work hard produce poor results.

Sheahan on the PP, Glendening on the second line.

Larkin playing with pluggers.

Sheahan given chance after chance playing on a scoring line while Jurco gets benched regardless of what he does.

AA getting 10 minutes of ice time and almost no PP time because he made a defensive mistake while Blashill's favorites can blow one defensive assignment after another and be rewarded with MORE ice time.

Team needs offense, must play defensive guys with no offensive ability more.

Name ONE THING that he does well as an NHL coach.

You lost me right there

1 hour ago, kliq said:

What about St. Louis? They are garbage come playoff time, just don't appear to be a team built for the playoffs, should they re-build?

Pietrangelo (26), Tarasenko (26), Schwarz (24), Berglund (21)

I don't know why they aren't getting the job done in the playoffs but I think their biggest weakness is goaltending and thanks to letting Backes, Brouwer walk also a lack of identity. They used to be a physical heavy team now nobody knows what they are because with those two losses the only guy willing to stand up for his players is Reeves.

I think if they finish without the playoffs this season they should take a hard look at the composition of the roster and shake things up, maybe that collective isn't just the right combination who knows. But in terms of stars and age their top guys aren't even in their prime yet.

4 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Pietrangelo (26), Tarasenko (26), Schwarz (24), Berglund (21)

I don't know why they aren't getting the job done in the playoffs but I think their biggest weakness is goaltending and thanks to letting Backes, Brouwer walk also a lack of identity. They used to be a physical heavy team now nobody knows what they are because with those two losses the only guy willing to stand up for his players is Reeves.

I think if they finish without the playoffs this season they should take a hard look at the composition of the roster and shake things up, maybe that collective isn't just the right combination who knows. But in terms of stars and age their top guys aren't even in their prime yet.

Might want to check those ages again... Where do you get your info?