• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fedorovfan

Here's a very blunt read.............

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Pietrangelo (26), Tarasenko (26), Schwarz (24), Berglund (21)

I don't know why they aren't getting the job done in the playoffs but I think their biggest weakness is goaltending and thanks to letting Backes, Brouwer walk also a lack of identity. They used to be a physical heavy team now nobody knows what they are because with those two losses the only guy willing to stand up for his players is Reeves.

I think if they finish without the playoffs this season they should take a hard look at the composition of the roster and shake things up, maybe that collective isn't just the right combination who knows. But in terms of stars and age their top guys aren't even in their prime yet.

Ok...3 of those 4 ages are wrong. Pietrangelo is 27, Tarasenko is 25, Schwarz is actually 24 and Berglund is 28 (you are 7 years off with this one) and other then Tarasenko none of those players are elite. So based based on the fact that they don't appear to be getting any better and if anything are regressing (as a team), and they have proven they can not get it done in the playoffs, they should re-build....right? You always contended that since the Wings got bounced first round, they should tank. Shouldnt that apply to the Blues as well?

For the record, I dont think they should, but my point is with your philosophy, any team that is not a favourite in the here and now, or are not a team that already suck but have a franchise player should automatically tank/re-build. It's easy to say after the fact when hindsight is 20/20 that a team should have re-built, but in the moment when your team is a contender, to just pull back and completely tear things down can be absolutely detrimental to a team and the fan base. The average fan is not going to put up with a team that is constantly hitting the reset button.

You always bring up how the Wings should have started a re-build in 2012, which I'm sorry but at the time was just wrong. I dont know of any team that has 2 elite players on their roster, and a solid group of complementary talent that would make that decision, not to mention there is no way the fans would have accepted it. Add to that the fact that in 2013 we were 1 goal away from making the final 4 and knocking out the eventual cup champions, and it completely makes sense why would Holland did not tear anything down. What he did was start a re-build on the fly and hoped that his kids would become high end players before his elite players regressed, in theory it made sense as it worked between 2002 and 2008. In hindsight, our big 4 regressed quicker then we expected due to injury, and our kids didn't amount to more then top 6 players. When that happened, the next logical move was to speed up the re-build, which Holland sort of did.

With that being said, I am not going to sit here and make it sound like Holland is perfect, he is far from it and definitely made mistakes, especially this past summer. I think that the Nielsen, Ott, and Miller signings were all bad decisions on his part. I think he should have ate Datsyuk's contract, though I get why he didn't considering the reaction from the fans, but never the less it was still a mistake as I think he should have brought up Mantha, Bertuzzi and whomever from the start and rolled with it. I still think that the young core of this team is very good, and with a few extra pieces I think they can make some noise. Hopefully we trade Vanek and Green before the deadline, and try to get rid of Howard and E in the summer. If we pull off those moves, get a good draft pick, trade for the d-man we so desperately need, and throw in a coaching change for a guy like Hitchcock, and I think we are in a lot better of a position then most think.

I actually would like to see it happen just to see the reaction once another coach doesn't have much better results. A coach can only work with has been given to him in terms of player material and Blashill doesn't have a number 1 center to work with, no top pairing guy and the best goaltender is out with an injury that's a tough hand especially for a coach in his second season. That being said I would love to see either Gallant or Hitchcock behind the bench. Both aren't player coaches they're hard and demanding and especially Hitchcock demands respect from the first minute, bringing him in would be an actual culture shock for a lot of the players on this team.

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I'm afraid you are right.  How can we rebuild when the GM keeps signing mediocre middle age players to long contracts when we already have 3 old players with 4 years left on contracts?

Kronwall, Franzen, Zetterberg, Abdelkader, Nyquist, Nielsen, Ericsson, Howard

We are struggling to find spots in the lineup for 2 young guys.  How the hell are we going to rebuild if they can't open up spots for the new players?

I think one important move for the offseason will be to move Franzen's contract to another team (arizona, maybe LV). I don't think Kronwall will be long before he's on LTIR "retirement" and that will create room for that to happen.

I don't think Miller, Ott, Smith, Marchenko, will be back and I think Vanek and Green could be traded so those moves would create roster space. (that's potentially 4 D spots, 3 forwards spots) 

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

I actually would like to see it happen just to see the reaction once another coach doesn't have much better results. A coach can only work with has been given to him in terms of player material and Blashill doesn't have a number 1 center to work with, no top pairing guy and the best goaltender is out with an injury that's a tough hand especially for a coach in his second season. That being said I would love to see either Gallant or Hitchcock behind the bench. Both aren't player coaches they're hard and demanding and especially Hitchcock demands respect from the first minute, bringing him in would be an actual culture shock for a lot of the players on this team.

We don't expect to see better results, we just expect to see proper development of our young players. Hard for that to happen when Blash punishes the kids for each little mistake, yet let vets reek with mediocrity all season long without losing their spot. We wanna see guys like Jurco and Sproul play, take their lumps and learn from it. Become better players. They are not going to improve as healthy scratches every night.  We need a coach who has the balls to not be afraid to lose until the kids learn how to win. Blash has proven to not be that guy for nearly two years now. The experiment needs to end.   

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Babs Effect

In all seriousness, I think Babs leaving us hurt much worse then what people were expecting. Not only did it lead to the regression of pretty much all of our players, it boosted a divisional rival. If we still had Babs and TO had say Blashill, I think we are the one's sitting in that last playoff spot, or at least close to it.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

We don't expect to see better results, we just expect to see proper development of our young players. Hard for that to happen when Blash punishes the kids for each little mistake, yet let vets reek with mediocrity all season long without losing their spot. We wanna see guys like Jurco and Sproul play, take their lumps and learn from it. Become better players. They are not going to improve as healthy scratches every night.  We need a coach who has the balls to not be afraid to lose until the kids learn how to win. Blash has proven to not be that guy for nearly two years now. The experiment needs to end.   

Well said. The kids aren't going to progress if they don't get to play. If Blash wasn't giving them the best opportunities and playing the vets regardless of their play because management and ownership wanted to continue the streak and he was under pressure to play them, I get that. But now that the playoffs are out of reach (Maybe not mathematically, but realistically, It's over.), there is no reason not to let the kids play as much as possible. Start the fire sale, and as roster spots open up, call up some of the top GR guys and give them some NHL experience too. May as well use the rest of this s***show season for something productive.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

So you don't have an example of him being an NHL caliber coach?

I dont think he's a great coach Dickie, but if he was as bad as you make him out to be then we would have like 10 wins all year, unless of course you think he has a stalked roster and it is GREATLY under-performing. The actual truth is is that Blashill is a below average coach with a slightly above average roster. A good coach will get this team in the playoffs, a bad coach will not. I dont get why you are so over the top when evaluating him.

27 minutes ago, kliq said:

I dont think he's a great coach Dickie, but if he was as bad as you make him out to be then we would have like 10 wins all year, unless of course you think he has a stalked roster and it is GREATLY under-performing. The actual truth is is that Blashill is a below average coach with a slightly above average roster. A good coach will get this team in the playoffs, a bad coach will not. I dont get why you are so over the top when evaluating him.

Because he's not happy about the Red Wings. It's all dem emotions. 

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Well just for giggles.

He made it to the playoffs in his rookie season and won a playoff game. What were the other 14 coaches doing in the meantime around playoff time? Busy not being NHL caliber?

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Were you around his first year??? By the way he made the playoffs.

I prefer Babs as much as the next guy, but you've managed to make yourself into a complete mockery of your own point.

Incoming: Dickies next edgy, totally non-cringey, comment about how a drunk cimpanzee with a clipboard could coach better than blash

#SoTotallyHillariousMan 

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, DickieDunn said:

.  Blashill is the worst coach in the NHL.  He's a moron.  I half expect him to yell "CASH ME OUSSIDE HOW BOW DAH????" next time a reporter questions his player usage.

this is absolutely priceless......I almost spit out my coffee on the screen.

hahahahaha

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Were you around his first year??? By the way he made the playoffs.

I prefer Babs as much as the next guy, but you've managed to make yourself into a complete mockery of your own point.

Incoming: Dickies next edgy, totally non-cringey, comment about how a drunk cimpanzee with a clipboard could coach better than blash

#SoTotallyHillariousMan 

Over half the teams make the playoffs.  It's not a great accomplishment.  He took over basically the same team Babcock had and made almost every single player worse with his stupid usage and non-existent "system" for the PP.  He's doubled down on all that this year.  So, besides leading an under-performing team to a putrid playoff showing, what makes him an NHL head coach, other than having a GM too complacent to fire him?  Because that doesn't make him an NHL caliber head coach any more than Almquist scoring a goal in the NHL makes in an NHL player.

5 hours ago, kliq said:

Because I have to continue to see him bumble his way around the NHL.  Same reason I went off about Matt Millen, Rod Marinelli, and Rodriguez when they were leading my favorite football teams.  He should have been on a short leash to start the season and have been fired long ago.  But Kenny "Mr. Loyalty" Holland can't bring himself to do that.

We can blame Blashill for a lot of things regarding personnel usage, but why does he continue to get blamed for the power-play, which is Torchetti's responsibility? Sure, Blashill probably has some say in what happens with the specialty units, but in the end, it's on Torchetti (PP) and Houda (PK). But yet they never seem to get any of the blame...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

We can blame Blashill for a lot of things regarding personnel usage, but why does he continue to get blamed for the power-play, which is Torchetti's responsibility? Sure, Blashill probably has some say in what happens with the specialty units, but in the end, it's on Torchetti (PP) and Houda (PK). But yet they never seem to get any of the blame...

Because Blash is the one who decides Sheahan should be on the pp, including a time when down 4-3 against the Devils with a chance to tie the game. I wish they'd just admit they were trying to lose. I wouldn't get frustrated with this s*** then. 

39 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Because Blash is the one who decides Sheahan should be on the pp, including a time when down 4-3 against the Devils with a chance to tie the game. I wish they'd just admit they were trying to lose. I wouldn't get frustrated with this s*** then. 

Is that all on Blashill though? I'm not so sure... Are you saying that Blashill comes up with the players on the two 5-man units and Torchetti comes up with systems? I would think Torchetti would at least have some say in who's on each of his units... Maybe he's the one that wanted Sheahan out there. I mean Blashill does have Sheahan down on the 4th line. I don't know, it's just annoying to see Blash get blamed for everything, even when he may not be the one responsible.

Blashill's player usage is still a huge concern though. I just wish he would play the kids more, especially late in games when the game is on the line... 

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Is that all on Blashill though? I'm not so sure... Are you saying that Blashill comes up with the players on the two 5-man units and Torchetti comes up with systems? I would think Torchetti would at least have some say in who's on each of his units... Maybe he's the one that wanted Sheahan out there. I mean Blashill does have Sheahan down on the 4th line. I don't know, it's just annoying to see Blash get blamed for everything, even when he may not be the one responsible.

Blashill's player usage is still a huge concern though. I just wish he would play the kids more, especially late in games when the game is on the line... 

It was definitely Blash who decided to take Goose and Mantha off the pp. I'm not sure there is any doubt about that. All because of his silly gripes over one missed assignment. I mean, we all see how Blash manages the roster. Do you honestly think a man running the pp would willingly be throwing Sheahan out there in a situation late in a game down by one? Because I really can't lol. 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The same reason my supervisor would get chewed out by his boss if he allowed me to be completely incompetent at work without addressing it.  Blashill is the head coach, he's ultimately responsible for the on ice product.

Blashill is blinded by hard work, big bodies, "grinding it out" etc.  It's like he has no clue that there are other factors in making a good player.  His ultimate team would be 12 players like Glendening, Helm, Abdelkader, and Sheahan up front with 6 play it safe defensive defensemen.  If you're defending most of the time you're on the ice, that doesn't make you good defensively, it means you don't have the ability to possess the puck, and by doing that score goals.