• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

02/04 GDT : Red Wings vs Nashville Predators : 8:00 PM ET

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Great game by Mrazek.

First shut out for him in almost a year, dang. 

Agreed, and what a shutout it was. 42 saves. Nice to see him get one finally with the season he's had. Hopefully he can build off this and turn it around. Bout time Blash showed some faith in him and gave him the start tonight in t back to back.

Don't look now, back to within 6 points of wildcard. They're going to mess around and make it....watch. again I want them to sell off a bunch of these overpaid contracts, but if I know Holland, and we all do, if he is anywhere near a couple of wins out of the playoffs at the deadline, there will be no sale.

Edited by LeftWinger

Don't look now, back to within 6 points of wildcard. They're going to mess around and make it....watch. again I want them to sell off a bunch of these overpaid contracts, but if I know Holland, and we all do, if he is anywhere near a couple of wins out of the playoffs at the deadline, there will be no sale.

Next 2 weeks might be a determining factor. Two with CBJ, two with the Caps, Minnesota next Sunday, @ Pittsburgh the Sunday after. Not exactly a desirable schedule for the rest of February.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Amazing what can happen when a goalie is given the chance to work out the kinks. Here's to hoping Mrazek starts next game. 

If he doesn't start, it confirms (even more so than already) that Blash shouldn't be allowed to ever coach in the NHL again after this season. Coreau is going back to GR soon. No reason for him to be anything more than a backup in Detroit from now till then. Give Mraz his net back.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

If he doesn't start, it confirms (even more so than already) that Blash shouldn't be allowed to ever coach in the NHL again after this season. Coreau is going back to GR soon. No reason for him to be anything more than a backup in Detroit from now till then. Give Mraz his net back.

does Coreau have to pass through waives now though?

According to capfriendly.com he is waiver exempt....as of today.

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers_calculator/jared-coreau#results

Jared Coreau Waivers

Exemption Determination
  • Waivers signing age: 21
    • Position: goalie
      • Years Exempt: 4
      • NHL Games Played Exempt: 60
  SEASONS NHL GAMES PLAYED
REQUIRED 4 60
COMPLETED 3
2012-13 games played: 0
2013-14 games played: 0
2014-15 games played: 0
2015-16 games played: 0
2016-17 games played: 12
REMAINING
Waivers eligible next season (2017-18)

...so the rest of this season or 48 games, which won't happen so he is good for the rest of this season.

Edited by LeftWinger

this is Howard's net

2 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

this is Howard's net

No, it's whoever is playing better from game to game. Right now, Mrazek deserves next game, and if he continues to play the way he did last night (the way he's capable of) it will be his net to lose. He needs to earn back the starters role, and I think he will. Howard is just coming off an injury and had an awful game down in GR lastnight. He's going to have to get his game back quick if he wants a chance of removing Mrazek again...

11 hours ago, Y19 said:

Ya beat me to it.  I know we're in celebration mode now, but it's gotta be said ...

I feel bad for the guy in a way. Everytime he touches the puck now it seems like he is literally trying to beat the puck up with his stick.  Totally over thinking it now.  When he went out of the game I was trying to figure out how we were going to replace his scoring in the lineup. :glare:

6 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

this is Howard's net

If we were a contender, this would make perfect sense. But, don't you believe we need to re-build/tank/scortch earth? If yes, doesnt it make more sense to play the 24 year old then the 32 year old?

If we were a contender, this would make perfect sense. But, don't you believe we need to re-build/tank/scortch earth? If yes, doesnt it make more sense to play the 24 year old then the 32 year old?

Said it before and I'll say it again, Howard has received a lot of crap so I'm happy he shut his doubters of.
In fact I don't think either one is the long-term answer Howard is the old, the other guy lacks consitency

21 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, Howard has received a lot of crap so I'm happy he shut his doubters of.
In fact I don't think either one is the long-term answer Howard is the old, the other guy lacks consitency

I agree with you on the Howard thing as well, I hate the way some treat him around here. Howard is one of my favourite players in the league. I think I even mentioned that when I go to games Howard is the name on the back of my jersey.

But, if we are re-building, it makes more sense to see what's there with Mrazek. Inconsistency is a conman trait among young goalies as even the best of the best (Carey Price) had these types of issues when first coming onto the scene. I am not one for just handing Peter starts, but ultimately he is the one who is starting in a perfect world.