• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Avalanche

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, Juklitz said:

It´s told (from reliable source) there´re major issues in locker room with guys like Duchene or MacKinnon. The team is falling apart. Seems like these will be traded, sooner than later. Avs to rub the bottom couple next years. 

Just goes to show how good Detroit was. Devils and Avs both collapsed, and yet they still suck. Wings sustained but are falling behind now yet still somehow better than both of them.

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

Take McDavid off this team, then you also loose Lucic, and who know's who else. You can say the 80's players being removed played a huge part, and they may have but and the end of the day put McDavid on any NHL team and they will significantly go up a few notches. 

That is true. Although he's obviously not the whole team, he's the best talent the league has seen since Crosby, and he will attract good players that want to play on a team with him, and prevent other good/great drafted players from leaving.

9 hours ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Just goes to show how good Detroit was. Devils and Avs both collapsed, and yet they still suck. Wings sustained but are falling behind now yet still somehow better than both of them.

NJ currently has a better record than DET

2 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

Comparing not only this season but the last ten years, do you still really think that ?

The question was about this season and in that case NJ is better not by much but still.

If the Avalanche get the asking price for one of Duchene or Landeskog they'll be in the mix again soon, just too much talent to not be.

23 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

Comparing not only this season but the last ten years, do you still really think that ?

The comment was that DET is still better than NJ, I'm not sure what the last 10 years has to with that.

34 minutes ago, BobL said:

Two games in hand, six worse on goal differential and 3 points ahead is hardly a better record...

This isn't an opinion, yes, NJ has played 2 more games and yes, they only have 3 more points, but that equates to a better record, period (DET is only on pace for just over 1pt per game, so 3 more points in 2 extra games is better)....their basically equivalent right now, but NJ's record is slightly better. 

10 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

NJ currently has a better record than DET

8 hours ago, derblaueClaus said:

+1.

Also Detroit has a better team than the Devils. Maybe not playing to there potential because of a horrible coach. Every single player except Mantha, Green and Vanek have underperformed.

1 hour ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Also Detroit has a better team than the Devils. Maybe not playing to there potential because of a horrible coach. Every single player except Mantha, Green and Vanek have underperformed.

Better team is very subjective.  I know the majority like to pile it on the coach around here, but there also needs to be a sense of realism built in here as well.  The biggest problem right now is the older players got older, if still around, decline sets in and in other cases, those players are gone.  Younger players haven't been able to come in and develop quick enough to offset.  There is currently a big hole on defense.  Having a real solid defense goes a long way and the team simply doesn't have that right now.

In terms of everyone underperforming other than Mantha, Green and Vanek....without going through everyone, I'm not sure how much more can be expected out of Zetterberg.  I almost think he's overperforming.  I know its not to the same level as in the past, but to expect that as he continues to age is unrealistic.

35 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Better team is very subjective.  I know the majority like to pile it on the coach around here, but there also needs to be a sense of realism built in here as well.  The biggest problem right now is the older players got older, if still around, decline sets in and in other cases, those players are gone.  Younger players haven't been able to come in and develop quick enough to offset.  There is currently a big hole on defense.  Having a real solid defense goes a long way and the team simply doesn't have that right now.

In terms of everyone underperforming other than Mantha, Green and Vanek....without going through everyone, I'm not sure how much more can be expected out of Zetterberg.  I almost think he's overperforming.  I know its not to the same level as in the past, but to expect that as he continues to age is unrealistic.

I agree with the Zetterberg comment. He's been good for us despite him losing a step.