• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

02/07 GDT : Columbus Blue Jackets 3, at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

Too bad Ott isn't playing, he could knock Foligno's flapping mouth out of place. 

So you want the worst player on the roster to play even though fighting has historically had ZERO correlation with winning. Huh.

2 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

So you want the worst player on the roster to play even though fighting has historically had ZERO correlation with winning. Huh.

He has 2 goals and he wins fights. Zero correlation is just bs, i'm sorry. Fans love fights, it brings up the energy, it gives the home team a boost. If you deny that, you haven't been watching hockey long enough. I know momentum isn't in your little Corsi mathematical moneyball system that you seem to be a fan of, but it's part of home ice advantage and has a direct impact on the pace of the game. 

Sheahan has done nothing to improve this team this season. He's paid more and is worth less. I would gladly waive him right now without a flinch. 

Steve Ott brings more to this team than Riley Sheahan.

Has more goals, is 60% on faceoffs while Sheahan is 51% 

And Ott can drop gloves and doesn't act like a pansy out on ice. 

And what's funny is Ott and Sheahan's Corsi rating is about the same :hysterical:

Sheahan isn't favored by either advance metrics nor traditional thought process. 

Edited by kickazz

Good period by us. I'm not entirely sure why Ericsson has no idea how to play his position. In it's simplest form playing D in your own end is pretty simple.  Puck goes into the corner on your side you go in the corner and make a play. When it's in your d partners corner you cover the front of the net. Look at E on the Werenski chance early in the period.  Jensen is in the corner and for some reason E decides to move over towards the corner and leave the whole other half of the ice wide open.  Just a complete mental break down. 

7 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

He has 2 goals and he wins fights. Zero correlation is just bs, i'm sorry. Fans love fights, it brings up the energy, it gives the home team a boost. If you deny that, you haven't been watching hockey long enough. I know momentum isn't in your little Corsi mathematical moneyball system that you seem to be a fan of, but it's part of home ice advantage and has a direct impact on the pace of the game. 

Sheahan has done nothing to improve this team this season. He's paid more and is worth less. I would gladly waive him right now without a flinch. 

People used to whine  when we didn't fight enough. They bring Ott in and he's willing to do all the things those people want but now they don't want him on the team because he sucks and some middling AHL prospect should be up playing. I could care less either wayabout the fighting but having Ott in the lineup doesn't hurt this team.  

Edited by puckbags

17 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

Sorry but that's the best you can come up with?  Iol

1 minute ago, kliq said:

Because of the risk of concussion and broken hand/fingers.

He'll be fine.  He hasn't been scoring all that much so he might as well be something.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Just now, Hockeymom1960 said:

He'll be fine.  He hasn't been scoring all that much...

There is absolutely zero basis to that statement. You dont want your top players fighting, because fighting increases a players chances of being injured significantly. There is no debate there. 

Just now, kliq said:

There is absolutely zero basis to that statement. You dont want your top players fighting, because fighting increases a players chances of being injured significantly. There is no debate there. 

lol I'm not here to debate if that's what you're looking for.  I'm sure this won't be the last time he's going to drop the gloves either no matter if he should or shouldn't.

Just now, Hockeymom1960 said:

lol I'm not here to debate if that's what you're looking for.  I'm sure this won't be the last time he's going to drop the gloves either no matter if he should or shouldn't.

Not looking for a debate, you are the one that asked the question "Why not" in regards to Mantha fighting.....so I answered. You just didnt like the reason.

Just now, kliq said:

Not looking for a debate, you are the one that asked the question "Why not" in regards to Mantha fighting.....so I answered. You just didnt like the reason.

I didn't say I liked or did not like your reason.   I just have no problem with him dropping the gloves and he'll probably do it again.  

1 minute ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I didn't say I liked or did not like your reason.   I just have no problem with him dropping the gloves and he'll probably do it again.  

And when he tries it again his teammates will likely stop him again because it's not a smart move to let your goal scorer fight when you are a team that struggles to score.

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Agree to disagree, we are all on the same team here. Carry on.

Sounds good to me