• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Howard hurt.....again

Rate this topic

Multiple reports on twitter that Howard left the game tonight with an injured leg...yep that leg .  Ho hum. 

#RedWings Jimmy Howard left the ice after a timeout with #Griffins. He appeared to be favoring his leg. He was replaced.

41 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Poor guy can't catch a break I hate to mention that but maybe some sort of surgery would fix his knee problem?

No....from what I read he suffered a severe sprain. A surgery would fix a tear, but there is nothing you can do to a sprain as far as I know. What he needs to do is to rest. Most likely he came back to quickly.

1 hour ago, shocky2002 said:

Yay at the Wings for not trading their most valuable trade asset while he was at his peak value 3 months ago.

Yeah, I mean they absolutely knew the day he would become injured and didn't pull the trigger. Someone should fire our team psychic, he's just not getting the job done.

From what I've read on mlive, they're going to bring him back to Detroit to see the team doctors.  The Griffins doc, after checking his knee out, said it appeared sound.  They're classifying it as a "little tweak."  It also said that him coming out of the game was more precautionary than necessary.  Sounds like they think, if he had to, he could have played through it.  In either case, it's unfortunate with the deadline coming up.  I don't think they'd be able to trade him anyway, but still.

39 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

From what I've read on mlive, they're going to bring him back to Detroit to see the team doctors.  The Griffins doc, after checking his knee out, said it appeared sound.  They're classifying it as a "little tweak."  It also said that him coming out of the game was more precautionary than necessary.  Sounds like they think, if he had to, he could have played through it.  In either case, it's unfortunate with the deadline coming up.  I don't think they'd be able to trade him anyway, but still.

He will be "day-to-day" you know, out 25 more games 

10 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

Yay at the Wings for not trading their most valuable trade asset while he was at his peak value 3 months ago.

Just because his stats were good, after playing 10 games, doesn't mean his trade value would be high.

There goes any value he had or will have...Vegas will not select him, nobody will trade for him. Best thing to do is buy him out and wash your hands to it.  He may heal by next season, but NO WAY should they risk dumping or not protecting Mrazek and keep Jimmy.  If Jimmy goes down next season, which we know he will, your tandem will be Coreau and Paterson...

A buyout would be 4 years the 1st year $1.8M then $2.5M, $1.5M, $1.5M.

This is the only scenario that makes sense now...

Jimmy Howard

• Jimmy Howard is 33 years old at the date of the buyout
  • Salary remaining: $9,250,000
  • The buyout ratio is 2/3, which results in a total buyout cost of $6,166,667
  • There are 2 years remaining on this contract
  • The buyout will be spread out over 4 years
  • The annual buyout cost is $1,541,667
  • The buyout cap hit is displayed in the far right column
Buyout Details
SEASON SALARY INITIAL CAP HIT ACTUAL COST SAVINGS BUYOUT CAP HIT
2017-18 $5,000,000 $5,291,667 $1,541,667 $3,458,333 $1,833,334
2018-19 $4,250,000 $5,291,667 $1,541,667 $2,708,333 $2,583,334
2019-20 $0 $0 $1,541,667 -$1,541,667 $1,541,667
2020-21 $0 $0 $1,541,667 -$1,541,667 $1,541,667
Edited by LeftWinger

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

There goes any value he had or will have...Vegas will not select him, nobody will trade for him. Best thing to do is buy him out and wash your hands to it.  He may heal by next season, but NO WAY should they risk dumping or not protecting Mrazek and keep Jimmy.  If Jimmy goes down next season, which we know he will, your tandem will be Coreau and Paterson...

A buyout would be 4 years the 1st year $1.8M then $2.5M, $1.5M, $1.5M.

This is the only scenario that makes sense now...

Jimmy Howard

• Jimmy Howard is 33 years old at the date of the buyout
  • Salary remaining: $9,250,000
  • The buyout ratio is 2/3, which results in a total buyout cost of $6,166,667
  • There are 2 years remaining on this contract
  • The buyout will be spread out over 4 years
  • The annual buyout cost is $1,541,667
  • The buyout cap hit is displayed in the far right column
Buyout Details
SEASON SALARY INITIAL CAP HIT ACTUAL COST SAVINGS BUYOUT CAP HIT
2017-18 $5,000,000 $5,291,667 $1,541,667 $3,458,333 $1,833,334
2018-19 $4,250,000 $5,291,667 $1,541,667 $2,708,333 $2,583,334
2019-20 $0 $0 $1,541,667 -$1,541,667 $1,541,667
2020-21 $0 $0 $1,541,667 -$1,541,667 $1,541,667

Just pray Dallas don't get fleury , maybe we can trade Howard with half his salary 

*Howard tweeks knee*

LGW: "HE'S LOST ALL VALUE! BUY HIM OUT!"

Settle down people, so far it's just being called a tweek. Let's see what the Detroit doctors say.

If Dallas scores Fleury, and Calgary scores Bishop, Vegas and a few other teams will still need starting goalies. Vegas also has to hit the cap floor too remember. Price tags should be a very non-issue for them.

oh, f***... it looks like we stuck with less than inept defense, consistently intermittent goaltending, with coach who doesn't have a clue, gm who lost a sense of reality and on top of it owners who seem do not give a f***... what's left - two or three young forwards and a couple promising prospects... s.h.i.t...

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

*Howard tweeks knee*

LGW: "HE'S LOST ALL VALUE! BUY HIM OUT!"

Settle down people, so far it's just being called a tweek. Let's see what the Detroit doctors say.

If Dallas scores Fleury, and Calgary scores Bishop, Vegas and a few other teams will still need starting goalies. Vegas also has to hit the cap floor too remember. Price tags should be a very non-issue for them.

Plus Fleury doesn't even look like a great option right now. He has a GAA of 3.14 this year - worse than Mrazek - and on a very good team.