• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

Marchenko ?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Makes you wonder why the Leafs grabbed him off us. 9 games into his Toronto career and he's a healthy scratch for the ninth time!! 

They claimed him because likely Babcock and/or Lou thought he was a better option as the 7th D-man then Frank Corrado, the d-man sent down when they claimed Marchenko.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If he goes through waivers again do we reclaim him like we did frk or we just let him go?

No. We already have a huge logjam on D. All of which are better than Marchenko, including a couple others in Grand Rapids. 

55 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No. We already have a huge logjam on D. All of which are better than Marchenko, including a couple others in Grand Rapids. 

Agreed. Maybe if his caphit was 500K I would consider it, but at 1.5mil he's not worth it.

11 minutes ago, kliq said:

Agreed. Maybe if his caphit was 500K I would consider it, but at 1.5mil he's not worth it.

I wouldn't even want him without a cap hit to be honest. That may sound silly, but it's true. I'd rather literally any defenseman in the organization in over Marchenko, and that even includes Lashoff... I mainly don't want him taking minutes from the likes of Sproul or Ouellet, or even eventually Russo or Hicketts though...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't even want him without a cap hit to be honest. That may sound silly, but it's true. I'd rather literally any defenseman in the organization in over Marchenko, and that even includes Lashoff... I mainly don't want him taking minutes from the likes of Sproul or Ouellet, or even eventually Russo or Hicketts though...

I agree with that. I was thinking if we got him back at a low cap hit, we could send him back to the Griffins as nothing more then a depth d-man/AHL vet, though I doubt he would want to do that.

13 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

OEL-Hamilton

DeKeyser-Jensen

Smith-Russo

Ouellet-Sproul

How do we get OEL and Hamilton?  That's the trick.

Benn - Scheifele - Mantha

Athansiou - Larkin - Zetterberg

Nyquist / Tatar - Nielsen - Jurco

Sheahan - Helm - Abdelkader

How do we get Benn and Scheifele? THAT'S the trick...

4 minutes ago, FifeHockeyNut said:

Think Marchenko was only claimed by Leafs so they could meet expansion draft exposure requirements. 

Well, they have Rielly, Gardiner, Marincin and Carrick already meeting exposure requirements, so this doesn´t make any sense. I was surprised that Carolina didn´t take him for exactly this reason (they have only Faulk).

4 hours ago, Juklitz said:

Well, they have Rielly, Gardiner, Marincin and Carrick already meeting exposure requirements, so this doesn´t make any sense. I was surprised that Carolina didn´t take him for exactly this reason (they have only Faulk).

Would give them the opportunity to protect all 4 of those guys (8 players 1 goalie route). Not saying it necessarily makes sense but it's something that is discussed repeatedly on Hockey Central at Noon and the Leafs have been very calculated in most moves they've made last 2 years.