• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

2/9 GDT - Red Wings at Capitals - 7:00 PM EST

Looks like Sproul in tonight, XO out. Mrazek gets the nod. I'll put up a real GDT for my next one, work has been kicking my butt and i've not had much time to get one complete. 

Odds are against us, we are in position to be offensively squashed by the high flying Caps. Prove me wrong boys, LGW!

Sproul in huh? Interesting. Good to see Mrazek get a fourth straight start. He's been playing really well.

I like seeing the team get points, but the downfall of it is the closer we get to sniffing playoffs, the more Kenny pulls back from selling assets, starting the rebuild properly, and a chance at a top 5 pick. 

It's a weird situation.

Edited by chaps80

11 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Sproul in huh? Interesting. Good to see Mrazek get a fourth straight start. He's been playing really well.

I like seeing the team get points, but the downfall of it is the closer we get to sniffing playoffs, the more Kenny pulls back from selling assets, starting the rebuild properly, and a chance at a top 5 pick. 

It's a weird situation.

On the other hand we want to get the price of our assets high. So I don't mind Green and Vanek scoring the hell out of the opposition.

Meh. I wanted to start Mrazek for my fantasy team tonight. Can't risk that with Sproul in. Scary to play him in Washington. What is Blashill thinking?:scared:

Could be quite an ugly game.

9 minutes ago, poel said:

Meh. I wanted to start Mrazek for my fantasy team tonight. Can't risk that with Sproul in. Scary to play him in Washington. What is Blashill thinking?:scared:

Wasn't Sproul -3 in like 7mins or so last game? He's well on pace now:lol:

10 minutes ago, poel said:

Mrazek is on waivers in my league, and it's a 10 team keeper with 3 goalie limit. 

I want to see Sproul live up to his potential but he's running out of chances, tonight is going to be a big test for the kid. I like seeing Jensen on the 2nd pairing now, he's been our best D besides Green.

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Mrazek is on waivers in my league, and it's a 10 team keeper with 3 goalie limit. 

I want to see Sproul live up to his potential but he's running out of chances, tonight is going to be a big test for the kid. I like seeing Jensen on the 2nd pairing now, he's been our best D besides Green.

16 Teams in my league. NHL Roster plus one extra bench and three IR+. I don't have a lot of options. If I don't start Mrazek tonight I have to start him in Columbus or in Minnesota...also not gonna be pretty:lol:

I also have Vasilevskiy but he's not gonna help with games in Minnesota and Winnipeg remaining this week and Johnson, Palat and Killorn all injured:lol:

That's why I wanted to start Mrazek tonight but Sproul is really bad. Got knocked down on his first shift and scored on in his second. Not really his mistake but everytime he's on the ice, he's in trouble.

Nice goal! 

Btw: if you waive Mrazek in a 10 teams keeper league that's pretty telling:lol:

He hasn't been good for a while now but is still a young goalie with a lot of upside. Not very smart to give up on him in a keeper league...

4 minutes ago, poel said:

That's why I wanted to start Mrazek tonight but Sproul is really bad. Got knocked down on his first shift and scored on in his second. Not really his mistake but everytime he's on the ice, he's in trouble.

But his pass to AA before he scored (the shot AA missed) was great. It depends what you want from him. For an offensive D-man I like what he does so far.

1 minute ago, derblaueClaus said:

But his pass to AA before he scored (the shot AA missed) was great. It depends what you want from him. For an offensive D-man I like what he does so far.

A defender has to be able to play defense. Not the greatest fan of so called defenders like Karlsson.

Especially in our situation we need the young guys to be solid. Ouellet and Jensen have been a lot better than Sproul. Sproul has to improve or he's not gonna stick for very long. They should try to push Jensen a little and see how it goes. Has been playing few and easy minutes only.