• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Jonathan Ericsson out with fractured wrist, no timetable for return.

Rate this topic

I'd rather he be healthy and sitting in the press box for eternity, but we all know that was never going to happen. Injuries breed opportunity, we'll finally get to see Ouellet/Sproul/Jensen all in the lineup at once next game/.

55 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

I'd rather he be healthy and sitting in the press box for eternity, but we all know that was never going to happen. Injuries breed opportunity, we'll finally get to see Ouellet/Sproul/Jensen all in the lineup at once next game/.

Yes, we'll finally get to see one of those guys develop into the new Ericsson whipping boy yayyyy. I'm no Ericsson slappy, but the endless circlejerk about how bad he is is lame. I get it. Hes worth less than his cap hit. Hes still an NHL caliber Dman on a team that seems completely unable to develop top 4 NHL caliber Dmen. Cheering for him, or any player, to get injured is outright shameful. Just because the team is poor does not mean we need to act poorly.

Completely with Dickie on this one. I hope E has a speedy recovery. 

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yes, we'll finally get to see one of those guys develop into the new Ericsson whipping boy yayyyy. I'm no Ericsson slappy, but the endless circlejerk about how bad he is is lame. I get it. Hes worth less than his cap hit. Hes still an NHL caliber Dman on a team that seems completely unable to develop top 4 NHL caliber Dmen. Cheering for him, or any player, to get injured is outright shameful. Just because the team is poor does not mean we need to act poorly.

Completely with Dickie on this one. I hope E has a speedy recovery. 

They won't be the new whipping boy if they actually are good and help make this team better. Crazy right? Now not saying sproul is the answer because we ain't sure yet, although this is the change we need badly. 

Guess some are still in the tank bulls***...

2 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

They won't be the new whipping boy if they actually are good and help make this team better. Crazy right? Now not saying sproul is the answer because we ain't sure yet, although this is the change we need badly. 

Guess some are still in the tank bulls***...

Im not opposed to change. Im not opposed to trading Ericsson or buying him out either. I am opposed to openly celebrating a player, however bad or good, sustaining an injury.

I remember when Lebda and Smith were the "change we needed". Looking back that's a bit crazy right? If those young guys are good they will play themselves on to the roster and into significant roles. We don't need ericsson to be injuried for that to happen. 

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If those young guys are good they will play themselves on to the roster and into significant roles. We don't need ericsson to be injuried for that to happen. 

Someone want to tell Jensen that who got called up when Marchenko got...injured and has looked very good? Crazy isn't it?!

Whether you like it or not, players opportunities come up from injuries. That's there big shot. 

5 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Someone want to tell Jensen that who got called up when Marchenko got...injured and has looked very good? Crazy isn't it?!

Whether you like it or not, players opportunities come up from injuries. That's there big shot. 

Completely agree with Dickie and CRL, cheering an injury is pretty low. Nobody is arguing that opportunities don't come from injuries, what we are arguing is the class of making statements like "Good news- E has fractured wrist" and "Wings twitter just tweeted it. Best thing tonight!"

I like Jensen. I'm not arguing that players getting injured isnt an oppurtunity for others. No duh it is. I hope they make the most of it. But celebrating that injury is douchey anyway you cut it. That's a man with a family and a career. A wing who's done his best for us. If you hate him enough to celebrate his misfortune, complain about the managers and coaches who put him in the role hes in. 

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

Completely agree with Dickie and CRL, cheering an injury is pretty low. Nobody is arguing that opportunities don't come from injuries, what we are arguing is the class of making statements like "Good news- E has fractured wrist" and "Wings twitter just tweeted it. Best thing tonight!"

Wouldn't recommend going on social media then and reading comments about it. Probably won't like what you see then. 

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I like Jensen. I'm not arguing that players getting injured isnt an oppurtunity for others. No duh it is. I hope they make the most of it. But celebrating that injury is douchey anyway you cut it. That's a man with a family and a career. A wing who's done his best for us. If you hate him enough to celebrate his misfortune, complain about the managers and coaches who put him in the role hes in. 

I like Jensen also. Watched him play all of college. Trust me, I want blashill and holland gone also. ;)

Wouldn't recommend going on social media then and reading comments about it. Probably won't like what you see then. 

I like Jensen also. Watched him play all of college. Trust me, I want blashill and holland gone also. ;)

If youre basing how you act and behave on social media, youve made the wrong choice my friend. 

6 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

I guess I have higher standards for the posters on LGW.com then the majority of idiots on social media. 

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If youre basing how you act and behave on social media, youve made the wrong choice my friend. 

I didn't say I'm the only one posting that it's a good thing my friend. 

15 minutes ago, kliq said:

I guess I have higher standards for the posters on LGW.com then the majority of idiots on social media. 

Has been worse on here, we've all seen it. :)

1 hour ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

I didn't say I'm the only one posting that it's a good thing my friend. 

Has been worse on here, we've all seen it. :)

Defending one's actions by saying "other people are worse" is not a good defense.

8 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Celebrating an injury. You stay classy.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Oh chill out.  He's just saying....

6 hours ago, kliq said:

No one is really cheering an injury.  Big E will heal and will be back for crying out loud.  It's nice to see him sitting out right now not making bone headed moves or a pilon.

I've been saying for years that Ericsson isn't nearly as bad as some here like to make him out to be. I do think he's a decent 3rd pair shut-down guy. He's going to make his share of mistakes out there, but they seem to get magnified because he's "Errorson" or "Erection" or whatever other cute name people like to come up with... For whatever reason, fans always like to have a whipping boy, I'm no different, mine are just usually 4th line guys that provide no offense (Andersson, Miller, and to a lesser extent Ott and Glendening)... However I'd never cheer for any of these guys to get injured. I cringed when I seen the hit, but after realizing it's nothing too serious (head / back), I can't say I'm too disappointed he'll be out for a little bit. He was never going to be healthy scratched and I do want to see the kids get the ice time. I am excited that we'll finally get to see my ideal lineup. The 12 forwards I want to see dressed every night, were all in last night, and the only change I would have made on defense, was "healthy" scratch Ericsson, and keep Ouellet in. It's unfortunate that this had to happen due to injury, I'm just happy it's nothing too serious, and we get to see more of the kids...

Not that it was going to happen, but there goes any trade scenario...

I'm not a E fan what-so-ever, but at what point in the game did he go down? Before or after we couldn't stop them from scoring 10 seconds after we scored?  Not saying I think he is good now, but it was obvious, at least last night, that it hurt a bit when he got injured.  Now maybe its because we only had 5 D the rest of the game.

Let's see what this D lineup can do, I have been calling all year for Kronwall and Ericsson to be scratches, so now we will see where we stand without them.

DD - Green

Smith - Jensen

XO - Sproul

Getting well soon Erection, but even when you're healthy, stay off the ice! :lol:

4 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Oh chill out.  He's just saying....

No one is really cheering an injury.  Big E will heal and will be back for crying out loud.  It's nice to see him sitting out right now not making bone headed moves or a pilon.

Ya okay, if it were Mrazek you would be going nuts if he said those things.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Not that it was going to happen, but there goes any trade scenario...

I'm not a E fan what-so-ever, but at what point in the game did he go down? Before or after we couldn't stop them from scoring 10 seconds after we scored?  Not saying I think he is good now, but it was obvious, at least last night, that it hurt a bit when he got injured.  Now maybe its because we only had 5 D the rest of the game.

Let's see what this D lineup can do, I have been calling all year for Kronwall and Ericsson to be scratches, so now we will see where we stand without them.

DD - Green

Smith - Jensen

XO - Sproul

Getting well soon Erection, but even when you're healthy, stay off the ice! :lol:

Exactly, this actually has a negative impact on the team because now we can't trade him. The injury also makes it less likely we are moving Smith.    I'm not a huge E fan but I would never wish for anyone to get hurt especially a long time Wing who in his career has played some good hockey and has been a class act for this organization.   4 out of those 6 d man have a lot to prove and everyone of them will get ample playing time to do so.