• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Jonathan Ericsson out with fractured wrist, no timetable for return.

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, puckbags said:

Exactly, this actually has a negative impact on the team because now we can't trade him. The injury also makes it less likely we are moving Smith.    I'm not a huge E fan but I would never wish for anyone to get hurt especially a long time Wing who in his career has played some good hockey and has been a class act for this organization.   4 out of those 6 d man have a lot to prove and everyone of them will get ample playing time to do so.  

This changes nothing. We were never going to trade him. Not only does he have a No-Trade-Clause, but his cap hit and term are completely unpalatable to any other team. It's play for us or be bought out with him. 

37 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This changes nothing. We were never going to trade him. Not only does he have a No-Trade-Clause, but his cap hit and term are completely unpalatable to any other team. It's play for us or be bought out with him. 

Your opinion obviously. His cap hit is 4.25. He plays 20 mins a game, he's a big body, veteran, good teammate.  I'm not sure what you think guys get paid now a days but his cap hit wouldn't be the issue for a team willing to take a chance. For his tenure, minutes per game and skill set his cap hit is about right.  Whether you or I think he's a good player or not ( I don't ) isn't our decision.  Market determined what he got paid.  The NTC is an issue I was unaware of. I'm sure he wouldn't waive that.  Doesn't matter now. He's damaged goods. 

1 minute ago, puckbags said:

Your opinion obviously. His cap hit is 4.25. He plays 20 mins a game, he's a big body, veteran, good teammate.  I'm not sure what you think guys get paid now a days but his cap hit wouldn't be the issue for a team willing to take a chance. For his tenure, minutes per game and skill set his cap hit is about right.  Whether you or I think he's a good player or not ( I don't ) isn't our decision.  Market determined what he got paid.  The NTC is an issue I was unaware of. I'm sure he wouldn't waive that.  Doesn't matter now. He's damaged goods. 

I agree.  His lethal wrist shot will never be the same after this injury.

:crybaby:

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

I agree.  His lethal wrist shot will never be the same after this injury.

:crybaby:

He plays with one hand on his stick most of the time, we should keep him in the lineup. 

13 hours ago, kliq said:

I guess I have higher standards for the posters on LGW.com then the majority of idiots on social media. 

Good to have those standards. I'm kind of a lurker, but I fully expected this kind of response as soon as I read the news. No shortage of research on this - many of us fail to recognize or act as if there were real humans on he other side of the screen. I have a theory though. Many of the people who like each other online would probably not in person, as well as the opposite. Then again I never had to experience online dating! Thank the Lord. As for Ericcson, I hope it isn't a career damaging injury. Some of the pitiless anger here is a symptom of frustration on this team and managements failure to bring up young players and make older players accountable. Yes that is super frustrating, but it shouldn't lead to gloating when a real human is hurt. 

Edited by lwing

19 minutes ago, puckbags said:

True. Although I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who thinks he is worth his term and cap hit. We both agree he is not a good player. So why would a team desire him in a trade if pretty much everyone knows he's not good and a risk financially?

My point is he's on a bad contract and has an NTC. This injury didn't suddenly make him untradeable. He's been untradeable for a long time.

13 hours ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Wouldn't recommend going on social media then and reading comments about it. Probably won't like what you see then. 

I like Jensen also. Watched him play all of college. Trust me, I want blashill and holland gone also. ;)

There are lots of d-bags on twitter.  That doesn't mean it's ok to be one.

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Not that it was going to happen, but there goes any trade scenario...

I'm not a E fan what-so-ever, but at what point in the game did he go down? Before or after we couldn't stop them from scoring 10 seconds after we scored?  Not saying I think he is good now, but it was obvious, at least last night, that it hurt a bit when he got injured.  Now maybe its because we only had 5 D the rest of the game.

Let's see what this D lineup can do, I have been calling all year for Kronwall and Ericsson to be scratches, so now we will see where we stand without them.

DD - Green

Smith - Jensen

XO - Sproul

Getting well soon Erection, but even when you're healthy, stay off the ice! :lol:

Mike Green has played more NHL games than the other 5 Defensemen combined.  And, Green isn't really that old.

Edited by barabbas16

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

There goes 9 again. 

Dude NTC'S get traded ALL the time. Besides, after next season his clause stipulates he submit a 19 team no trade list. So he can be traded to 12 other teams without him saying no. Yes I'm including Vegas.

Whered you learn this about the 19 team clause?

Yes good players on reasonable contracts with NTCs sometimes get moved. Many times at their own request. Ericsson is not a good player on a reasonable contract. I think we both agree on that.

Its not impossible he be traded, but it's highly unlikely. And IMO I think youre really fooling yourself if you think it's going to happen. Just my 2 cents.

4 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jonathan-ericsson

Took me 5 seconds.. :zzz:

Oh, and when you click on "compare this contract", you get an idea how bad it really is..

Didn't realize cap friendly went this deep into contracts, thanks. Only ever skimmed the site.

5 hours ago, barabbas16 said:

Mike Green has played more NHL games than the other 5 Defensemen combined.  And, Green isn't really that old.

This is the problem coming from this injury. Playing the youth is all good but we need guys to lead and teach them. I read today that Kronner is coming back. Didn't think that I would take that as a positive but he will be needed anchoring a this defense this young.

6 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

This is the problem coming from this injury. Playing the youth is all good but we need guys to lead and teach them. I read today that Kronner is coming back. Didn't think that I would take that as a positive but he will be needed anchoring a this defense this young.

Completely agree. I am all for playing the kids, but you dont want to have all kids. That is when you run into trouble.

6 hours ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Brendan Savage @BrendanSavage 3m3 minutes ago

#RedWings' Jonathan Ericsson to have surgery next week, out 12 weeks, per Ken Holland. Ericsson's season is over

Good news.  We can get him back during the Conference Finals...............................between two other teams.  

This is weird.  I'm not proud to say this, but a couple of games ago I watched Ericsson throw the puck up the sideboards, blind, and turn it over for about the 3,000,000th time and I thought to myself, "why doesn't HE ever get hurt?". And then he did.  It was purely out of frustration at having to watch him needlessly throw the puck away over and over and over.

Now, I'm not saying I am or am not happy about this.

But I am saying that I've probably got superpowers.

On February 10, 2017 at 0:12 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If those young guys are good they will play themselves on to the roster and into significant roles. We don't need ericsson to be injuried for that to happen. 

Not wishin injuries on anyone, but it seems the young guys did need him to get injured to get in the lineup. And that's a problem because if Errorsson wasn't making $5 million plus per season (with an NTC too I think?), he would have been off this team long ago. He rarely has a good game, yet he's never even a healthy scratch now and then. Can't have a player making that kind of money sitting in the press box when healthy, so we all have to put up with his defensive brain farts, lazy play, missed assignments, and deflecting pucks into his own net. And we have to put up with it for a couple more years after this.