• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

Mike Ilitch passes away at age 87

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

So what happens here? Does the team get sold to someone or stays in the family?

His son Chris has been running the family business(s) for a while now. So nothing will really change besides the world being short one more great man. 

Thank you, Mr. I for great hockey generation!

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Little rumors floating around Tigers may be sold to Gilbert and focus to remain on Wings...

I bet in another camp, another rumor have it wings will be sold to focus on Tigers, pizza lovers club have both teams sold to focus on, well, pizza...

Edited by ami

Thank you Mr. I. This city and fans will never be able to properly repay your investment in the city, it's teams and it's fans. It goes beyond hockey or baseball. When GM and Chrysler went bankrupt and the world was laughing at Detroit you proudly put all the Big 3 logos out in centerfield to show the world right back, Detroit is ONE, win lose draw or otherwise.

He loved his city and did something about that.

Take minute to think of his influence on hockey. It's almost a guarantee that he has touched, in one way or another, a player, coach, gm, scout, etc...from all 30 teams. Local kids who grew up playing for little caesars hockey. Damn he could very well be near the top of the list of most influential people in the sport of hockey 

RIP Little Caesar....Champion Champion!

4 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

This is sad to hear. I think he'll go down as one of the best, classiest sports team owners of all time. Thanks Mike for all that he did for the franchise.

...For the city of Detroit, State of Michigan and the sport of hockey!

25 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Words cannot describe...

detroit-red-wings-owner-mike-ilitch-holds-up-the-stanley-cup-to-captain-gt6yfj.jpg.a6881d8950bb16b16764bf8a50d4e6fb.jpg

Little rumors floating around Tigers may be sold to Gilbert and focus to remain on Wings...

Chris Ilitch has been running the Wings for a while, I guess because he loves hockey and Mike had more interest in the Tigers. Wings will probably stay in the family, but yeah I could see Gilbert purchasing the Tigs. The children seem disinterested in baseball.