• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

Mike Ilitch passes away at age 87

Rate this topic

I'm turning on my phone to start the day and the first news I see Mr. I is dead, that's not how you want to start your day. i think websites, apps and whatever shouldn't put such sad news on the front-row.

I mean what can you say about Mr. I? Best owner in all of sports and by all accounts an even better person than business man. Not only has Detroit lost one heck of a man the whole hockey, baseball world hast lost someone who had a burning desire for winning no matter the cost.

Hopefully the Wings do something classy to honor him like the old saying goes it all starts at the top and I doubt a fan can hope for a better owner than Mr. I.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm sure they will...it'll be very cool to see the tribute to him for next season's Arena opening/home opener.  It would be very cool if they did a patch for the entire season...maybe even the rest of this season.

I think I would prefer next season. With them already wearing the "9" as a tribute to Howe I wouldn't want one to trump the other. Make the entire next season a tribute to him.

16 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

That's awesome and very classy, hats of to the Sens

Wild did a moment of silence for him this afternoon as well. Mr. I's photo up on the screen and blacked out everything else. Very understated but I thought it was nice.