• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Push For The Playoffs

Rate this topic

44 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

100% agree about the piss-poor coaching.

I like Blashill - seems like a good guy, but he's simply not NHL calibre...Most of this team looks confused out there on the ice (as is Blash behind the bench)...It's been years since we've seen such sloppy play, and inconsistency, and granted - our talent level isn't very high, but with a hard-ass coach who preaches defense, and discipline we could be a crap ton better.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I honestly doubt Holland will do anything...

This. This is exactly how I've felt since the end of last season about the coaching.  They replaced the assistants, but that doesn't mean much when the main guy just isn't the right fit in this league.  With the coaches that are available now, you'd be crazy to pass up on the opportunity, especially going into a new building and a rebuild.  I just don't have any confidence in Holland to have the balls to replace the coach or do what is necessary to start the rebuild.

Lewis was a LOYAL coach to this team, he was in the organization since the 80's, he got his shot at Head Coach, he failed for a couple of years, a better coach became available and Holland fired Lewis and hired Babcock...same scenario now, but worse, we aren't even making the playoffs, backed in last year when Boston lost it's last game of the season.  Better coach(es) are available, come on Holland, this has to be done.

I'll take the optimist approach, We already aren't making the playoffs, hiring a new coach now isn't going to change anything, wait until the season is officially over, get all the ducks in a row, cross your I's and dot your T's, fire Blashill, hire one of the better guys available. Start a new streak.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Lewis was a LOYAL coach to this team, he was in the organization since the 80's, he got his shot at Head Coach, he failed for a couple of years, a better coach became available and Holland fired Lewis and hired Babcock...same scenario now, but worse, we aren't even making the playoffs, backed in last year when Boston lost it's last game of the season.  Better coach(es) are available, come on Holland, this has to be done.

Thing is, the coach has to want to come here. The Wings were an extremely attractive option back in the mid-2000s and Babcock wasn't yet a truly established NHL head coach (though he'd just led the Ducks to the SCF). Now? We're a bottom feeder staring down the barrel of a long and painful rebuild. I'd be shocked if Julien or Hitchcock chose to come aboard.

Of course, this is all probably moot, as I have a hard time seeing Holland firing or even demoting Blashill.

With the recent passing of Mr. I - it would probably look pretty bad if Holland were to replace Blashill right now.
That said - Holland should've been in contact with either Julien, or Hitchcock...All he'd have to ask are a few simple questions...
1) How much $$$ do you want ?
and
2) How many years do you want ?

Why would it look bad? It's pretty obvious they need a new coach. I think fumbling around any longer looks a lot worse.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Thing is, the coach has to want to come here. The Wings were an extremely attractive option back in the mid-2000s and Babcock wasn't yet a truly established NHL head coach (though he'd just led the Ducks to the SCF). Now? We're a bottom feeder staring down the barrel of a long and painful rebuild. I'd be shocked if Julien or Hitchcock chose to come aboard.

Of course, this is all probably moot, as I have a hard time seeing Holland firing or even demoting Blashill.

They don't need a Babcock or a Bowman right now, they need a teacher. Andy Murray would be a decent choice now, them when they're contenders again they get someone else.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

They don't need a Babcock or a Bowman right now, they need a teacher. Andy Murray would be a decent choice now, them when they're contenders again they get someone else.

Right, I'm not necessarily saying they need a heavyweight. I was just saying Wings fans probably shouldn't get their hopes up for Julien/Hitchcock.

I'd like Ralph Krueger, largely because he's known for being a good teacher.

35 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Right, I'm not necessarily saying they need a heavyweight. I was just saying Wings fans probably shouldn't get their hopes up for Julien/Hitchcock.

I'd like Ralph Krueger, largely because he's known for being a good teacher.

I'm hoping Tippett becomes available.

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Everyone's on about "Why would Julien/Hitchcock choose us? we suck"

Last I checked the Black Hawks aren't looking for a new coach.

As of right now, it's NYI, Vegas, and possibly us. We look pretty attractive in that scenario.

The other consideration is that these guys are all getting paid right now, no rush....they may look to see how things shakeout in the post-season...perhaps the Blackhawks are looking for a coach then.

However, and it's a big however, these guys, the guys you want, don't like being away from the game, so waiting around isn't in their DNA.

4 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

The other consideration is that these guys are all getting paid right now, no rush....they may look to see how things shakeout in the post-season...perhaps the Blackhawks are looking for a coach then.

However, and it's a big however, these guys, the guys you want, don't like being away from the game, so waiting around isn't in their DNA.

I think everyone (teams and coaches) will wait till the offseason to make moves. The ARI, LA, or MTL job could open up at that point. Buts that's just speculation on my part. There are some good coaches outside of Hitchcock and Julien as well.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Everyone's on about "Why would Julien/Hitchcock choose us? we suck"

Last I checked the Black Hawks aren't looking for a new coach.

As of right now, it's NYI, Vegas, and possibly us. We look pretty attractive in that scenario.

Wait am I missing somehing? Didn't even know Hawks were considering firing Q.