• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

02/12 GDT : at Minnesota Wild 6, Red Wings 3

2 minutes ago, mackel said:

Is it just me or does Blashill look like a deer in headlights every time he's on camera.  He looks like someone who is in over his head and he knows it.  I think you have to dismiss him and let Torchetti take over to close the season....  I think that may be why they mentioned Torchetti taking over the wild bench last season.

I like it Look how well the Wild responded to the scenario.

4 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Yes I will gladly discount praise given to a coach who has a team at the bottom of the conference and who virtually every player has regressed under. But hey if Eddie O and Pierre McGuire make you feel better about him so be it. 

That's hilarious, man. I don't think Blashill has done a good job and happily see him gone. I was just mentioning that they praised him. It's crazy how much people hate Blash around here that they jump on you just for mentioning someone else's praise. 

Just now, kipwinger said:

The Wild are an interesting team.  They signed Parise, Suter, Pominville, Stewart, and Spurgeon.  They traded for Staal, Coyle, Dubnyk, and Neiderreiter. So they have any homegrown talent?

Dont need it when you can smartly sign players and pull off good trades.

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I guess Koivu and Granlund are theirs, but otherwise it seems like they've largely bought their team.  Which flies in the face of the "must build from within" narrative.

Eh, I dunno if I'd say it flies in the face of that narrative. On the one hand, they're a team of acquisitions and they're having a hell of a season. On the other hand, they haven't really proven anything yet. Is this success sustainable over the course of several seasons? Can they make a deep and convincing run in the playoffs? Can they make a deep and convincing run in consecutive playoffs? Can they win a Cup?

In any case, one homegrown guy that they definitely should not have moved: Brent "Arguably the best defenseman in the NHL right now" Burns. Oof.

Starting to create some space at the bottom of the East. There's a chance we could finished as low as 3rd last in the league depending on how Dallas and Winnipeg do the rest of the way.

This is for the best long term. Especially while watching Mantha, AA, Larkin, Ouellet and Jensen all develop over the last few months. We might get a longer look at some other young guys if Kenny does decide to sell.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

He's only -1, so I'm guessing you're exaggerating.

Well, two of them were PP goals and he was on the ice for one the Wings scored.  So technically, I wasn't exaggerating.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

1 hour ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

What pisses me off the most right now is, as bad as we've been, we can't catch a break either way. Hitting bar and post when the game was still in reach...can't those things go in, for f***s sake?

Ive always been a big believer in that good teams create their own good luck. Bad teams use it as an excuse.

Was at that game and just got home. All I can say is what the hell?? Nyquist...wow. I have no words for a guy that can look right at someone and jab them in the face with their stick. Coreau looked awful. Mantha, Z, AA, and Larkin stuck out to me. D is horrible, that 4th line has to be worst in the league. All I can say is I'm glad I wasn't the guy from Vienna sitting next to me that came to watch Vanek. 

7 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

Was at that game and just got home. All I can say is what the hell?? Nyquist...wow. I have no words for a guy that can look right at someone and jab them in the face with their stick. Coreau looked awful. Mantha, Z, AA, and Larkin stuck out to me. D is horrible, that 4th line has to be worst in the league. All I can say is I'm glad I wasn't the guy from Vienna sitting next to me that came to watch Vanek. 

By any chance was he with a family that had multiple vanek jerseys from different teams he's been on? 

Just now, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

By any chance was he with a family that had multiple vanek jerseys from different teams he's been on? 

No, he was in plain clothes. No Red Wings or even Wild. I didn't know Vanek was out today until gametime and made and audible response about it which struck up a conversation with the guy. He looked to be with 2 other people. Really nice. Said he also tried to go see Grabner for a series of games last year but he was traded right when he got to the states. Some bad luck. 

2 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

No, he was in plain clothes. No Red Wings or even Wild. I didn't know Vanek was out today until gametime and made and audible response about it which struck up a conversation with the guy. He looked to be with 2 other people. Really nice. Said he also tried to go see Grabner for a series of games last year but he was traded right when he got to the states. Some bad luck. 

Never mind then. I was getting pizza before the game (can't remember the pizza joint by the holiday inn name). A family walked by me and my girlfriend and everyone had Vanek jerseys from all the teams he's been on. 

Just now, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Never mind then. I was getting pizza before the game (can't remember the pizza joint by the holiday inn name). A family walked by me and my girlfriend and everyone had Vanek jerseys from all the teams he's been on. 

Cossetta's? I've yet to eat there but I've heard great things. I don't get over to St. Paul much unless it's hockey related.

I just hope, since Nyquist more than likely will get 6 games or so, that we bring up Bertuzzi or Lorito.  Get some of those guys some time.  I hope that we sell as much as possible, too, for the same reason.  Look up Duncan Keith's high stick suspension and you'll get where I got the 6 games from.  Very similar, unless Nyquist has a really good justification for how he accidentally looked a guy in the face and swung his stick right at it.  

5 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

Ive always been a big believer in that good teams create their own good luck. Bad teams use it as an excuse.

Yes and no.  Hockey is a game of percentages.  So it's possible to play bad and still win the game, and it's possible to play good and still lose the game.  But over the course of 82 games, those percentages even out. 

And at this point in the season, the standings don't lie.  We're just bad, puck luck be damned.

3 hours ago, Nev said:

And at this point in the season, the standings don't lie.

..and this game shown that average. I don´t think it was that bad game, would be quite good example for somebody who´s looking for ´show me 16/17 Red Wings edition in 60 minutes´. 

Bad point is, that this average is really worth last conference place.