• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

02/12 GDT : at Minnesota Wild 6, Red Wings 3

10 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I just hope, since Nyquist more than likely will get 6 games or so, that we bring up Bertuzzi or Lorito.  Get some of those guys some time.  I hope that we sell as much as possible, too, for the same reason.  Look up Duncan Keith's high stick suspension and you'll get where I got the 6 games from.  Very similar, unless Nyquist has a really good justification for how he accidentally looked a guy in the face and swung his stick right at it.  

I think Nyquist's was worse...at least Keith only had one hand on his stick (though he did get some pretty good torque on it).  So, I'm thinking 6 games is the minimum, especially if you are sitting in the camp that think stars get treated differently (Keith).

5 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

I think Nyquist's was worse...at least Keith only had one hand on his stick (though he did get some pretty good torque on it).  So, I'm thinking 6 games is the minimum, especially if you are sitting in the camp that think stars get treated differently (Keith).

I personally think Goose should be suspended for the season. No room for that garbage in the league. 

I anticipate at least 10 games, at least that's what I feel like is the minimum justified punishment. It really was out of line, and looked very bad when it happened. I agree that he looked a bit stunned when it happened, like he was just trying to get an elbow up in his face but the stick got there instead, but the player needs to be responsible for where the stick lands and be held accountable when something like this happens. 

Maybe the visor blocks it, but two inches higher and that's a stick to the eye and can result in permanent damage and vision loss. 

50 minutes ago, roboturner said:

Looked like Nyquist meant to do something in retaliation, just not that. His body language right after seemed like he was as shocked by it as everybody else. But in the end, it happened, so he'll get punished for what happened.

Jared's bangs were covering his beautiful eyes, Gus was only trying to brush them aside 

1 hour ago, roboturner said:

Looked like Nyquist meant to do something in retaliation, just not that. His body language right after seemed like he was as shocked by it as everybody else. But in the end, it happened, so he'll get punished for what happened.

That was the look of "I f***ed up". He reacted without thinking, and basically did the most gutless thing he possibly could have. I have no doubt that he regrets it. But he did it, it was gross, and I think that because of it, his season should end early.

19 hours ago, marcaractac said:

That was the look of "I f***ed up". He reacted without thinking, and basically did the most gutless thing he possibly could have. I have no doubt that he regrets it. But he did it, it was gross, and I think that because of it, his season should end early.

My money is on Nyquist getting more than 5 games. My money would be on 6. Possibly 7 game suspension.