• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings3:16

Therrien out, Julien back in...

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Or an evil genius.

On a serious note - takes some balls to do what he's done while GM of the Habs.

Is that what we are calling bad moves now lol. Take away Carey Price and this team is nothing special, just look at last season.

Eklund yesterday:

" On Michel Therrien...

The wolves are circling, and I am not one to report on rumors of firings....so if I am writing about this today you can be sure I am hearing he is perfectly safe in Montreal as of now. I talked to quite a few people about this... "

Hahaha, so full of it

Edited by Wings3:16

12 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Or an evil genius.

On a serious note - takes some balls to do what he's done while GM of the Habs.

Does take Balls. He's taken a lot of heat for being too loyal to Therrien and trading PK.

I think Weber has worked out great for them though, Radulov was huge pick up for them, and now he's canned his BFF for his bitter rivals coach.

I'm still lol-ing over here. Didn't Julien replace Therrien last time too??? Circle of life. Can't believe it actually happened.

51 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Eklund yesterday:

" On Michel Therrien...

The wolves are circling, and I am not one to report on rumors of firings....so if I am writing about this today you can be sure I am hearing he is perfectly safe in Montreal as of now. I talked to quite a few people about this... "

Hahaha, so full of it

Oh god, and this con man actually CHARGES people for his "insider news".

Such a tool. 

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I think it's safe to assume that there were other issues within the Habs franchise that led to their dismal season other than Price going down for the season.

The Habs are a team that rely on their Hart winning goaltender, and rightfully so. They went from first to worst to first again which perfect coincided with Price playing. I'm not denying other issues, my point is that when you have a goalie like Price, because of his amazing play it hides glaring issues that would otherwise have a spotlight on them.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Damn, top teams firing coaches...What's it going to take for a bottom dweller to fire their coach?

Exactly unbelievable! How Holland is so loyal to this guy is just nuts! First place and fires coach... doesn't everyone see it doesn't matter who you replace coach with 99% of time it works!! Teams win cups instantly same year even being out of spots by making the move. Not making playoffs is such a s***ty feeling!

3 minutes ago, wingfan1991 said:

Exactly unbelievable! How Holland is so loyal to this guy is just nuts! First place and fires coach... doesn't everyone see it doesn't matter who you replace coach with 99% of time it works!! Teams win cups instantly same year even being out of spots by making the move. Not making playoffs is such a s***ty feeling!

This isnt even close to true. There are so many examples of firing a coach leading to a team regression.

Best coach available and not even an offer...that's all one needs to read. Holland just hasn't adapted to the new NHL, he doesn't see the value in trying to get the top picks, he is loyal to a fault. Nothing against Blashill but it's a shame that Gallant isn't already on the Wings payroll in some official role and now they've lost the best coach being available since losing Babcock that's just insanity.

Weber, Price, Galchenyuk and Sergachiev under a Julien system have fun east...

Just now, frankgrimes said:

Best coach available and not even an offer...that's all one needs to read. Holland just hasn't adapted to the new NHL, he doesn't see the value in trying to get the top picks, he is loyal to a fault. Nothing against Blashill but it's a shame that Gallant isn't already on the Wings payroll in some official role and now they've lost the best coach being available since losing Babcock that's just insanity.

We could literally go 0-82 next season and Holland wouldn't fire Blash based on "loyalty" (which drives 99& of his management decisions). 

Only exception to this was firing of Dave Lewis but I think it was more mutual. 

Just now, ShanahanMan said:

We could literally go 0-82 next season and Holland wouldn't fire Blash based on "loyalty" (which drives 99& of his management decisions). 

Only exception to this was firing of Dave Lewis but I think it was more mutual. 

Sadly yes the guy is loyal to a fault and has lost his hunger to build a cup winner. Julien of the market without receiving an offer from the Wings let that sink in. I just hope at some point Chris or whoever is going to be the new owner will tell him to step up or step down

Edited by frankgrimes

2 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Where did you hear this? All the article says is at least one other team spoke with him. And Freidman is reporting that more than a few teams spoke with him, but Bergevin moved very quickly. 

1 minute ago, frankgrimes said:

Sadly yes the guy is loyal to a fault and has lost his hunger to build a cup winner. Julien of the market without receiving an offer from the Wings let that sink in. I just hope at some point Chris or whoever is going to be the new owner will tell him to step up or step down

Again, where are you hearing this?

Just now, frankgrimes said:

Sadly yes the guy is loyal to a fault and has lost his hunger to build a cup winner. Julien of the market without receiving an offer from the Wings let that sink in

He never had hunger. He had a cushy job and thats it. Jimmy D and Illitch had hunger. Holland just threw mud against the wall hoping it would stick. 

Just now, ShanahanMan said:

He never had hunger. He had a cushy job and thats it. Jimmy D and Illitch had hunger. Holland just threw mud against the wall hoping it would stick. 

He had:

- blank checque from the best owner in all of sports

- Hall of famers ruling the ice

- advantage because thanks to Hakan the Wings oversea scouting was unmatched for a long period of time

- enough room to cover up some stuff thanks to an endless budget and no CBA in the pre cap era

1 minute ago, frankgrimes said:

He had:

- blank checque from the best owner in all of sports

- Hall of famers ruling the ice

- advantage because thanks to Hakan the Wings oversea scouting was unmatched for a long period of time

- enough room to cover up some stuff thanks to an endless budget and no CBA in the pre cap era

Yep. 100% agreed. Hakan and Jimmy D were the true architects of the Wings when they were winners. Holland inherited a stacked team and just tried to maintain or let it wither away.  

This should be a fun thread where we laugh and point at Boston for giving away their elite level coach to their bitter rivals (don't bring up Babcock plz it hurts too much) but no, it's a Holland bashing thread already... and it hasn't even been reported that Holland didn't speak to Julien.

This is why we can't have nice things.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This should be a fun thread where we laugh and point at Boston for giving away their elite level coach to their bitter rivals (don't bring up Babcock plz it hurts too much) but no, it's a Holland bashing thread already... and it hasn't even been reported that Holland didn't speak to Julien.

This is why we can't have nice things.

You do know and realize that a coach like Julien doesn't come along very often? You also realize that neither Gallant nor Hitchcock have received an offer from the Wings or even being offered some sort advisor role? So tell me why I should think that it was different this time?

Ok so Bergervin the GM of a first place team moved very quickly, newsflash Wings are last move quicker!

15 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

You do know and realize that a coach like Julien doesn't come along very often? You also realize that neither Gallant nor Hitchcock have received an offer from the Wings or even being offered some sort advisor role? So tell me why I should think that it was different this time?

Ok so Bergervin the GM of a first place team moved very quickly, newsflash Wings are last move quicker!

Source?

Who am I kidding, you dont have one. Just making stuff up to fit your narative per usual. You have absolutely no idea, Holland may have called all 3, he may even have plans to bring 1 of the remaining 2 in this offseason. Your argument is founded on absolutely nothing.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Source?

Who am I kidding, you dont have one. Just making stuff up to fit your narative per usual. You have absolutely no idea, Holland may have called all 3, he may even have plans to bring 1 of the remaining 2 in this offseason. Your argument is founded on absolutely nothing.

Source? Is anyone of the mentioned coaches in a role with the Wings? No they aren't so that's your source it's called redwings.nhl.com

"he may"...and then talking about absolutely nothing to quote Nelson HA...HA

10 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Source? Is anyone of the mentioned coaches in a role with the Wings? No they aren't so that's your source it's called redwings.nhl.com

"he may"...and then talking about absolutely nothing to quote Nelson HA...HA

Let me get this straight...

Holland didn't hire any of them, therefore he never spoke with any them? Are you being serious?

Like I said, you don't have a source saying Holland did not try on any of them. You're making stuff up and trying to pass it off as truth.

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

Who is your source Frank? How do you know Holland has not spoken to any of these coaches???

*edit* Just read all of CRL posts saying the same thing. I figured this was just Frank making things up again.

Edited by kliq