• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings3:16

Therrien out, Julien back in...

Rate this topic

Just now, kliq said:

Who is your source Frank? How do you know Holland has not spoken to any of these coaches???

*edit* Just read all of CRL posts saying the same thing. I figured this was just Frank making things up again.

Whos your source saying he has?

I figured the usual Holland fans are making things up again.

7 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Neither of us are asserting that he did. We don't know if he did or didn't. Just like you don't know if he did or didn't.

Yet you stand here claiming he never placed a phone call to any of them. That's straight BS

24 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

lol ok. I'm not claiming he did or didnt, I 100% admit I have no idea. You are talking as if you have an inside source.

9 minutes ago, wingfan1991 said:

In the last month :

isles go 8-1-2

blues go 3-0

boston goes 4-0

You're right that's 100%

The Blues won 3 games AND the Bruins won 4 games after firing their coaches??? Clearly this small sample proves it. Open and shut case boys. Fire the entire coaching staff. We might still have a shot at the postseason now that we've discovered this one weird trick that GMs dont want you to know.

15 minutes ago, wingfan1991 said:

In the last month :

isles go 8-1-2

blues go 3-0

boston goes 4-0

You're right that's 100%

I can't tell if you are trolling, or if you honestly believe that a sample size of 3 teams over a period of 3, 4 and 11 games is concrete evidence statistically speaking. If it's the first, I am not going to engage, if it's the latter, its pointless to debate with you. Out of curiosity, did Florida get better? You forgot to mention them in your deep analysis.

I will say this, if you have a bad coach and you hire a better coach, or if you have a coach that losses the room and you hire one who the players listen to, then sure making a coaching change is likely a good move. Your statement "doesn't everyone see it doesn't matter who you replace coach with 99% of time it works!!" flat out says is that it doesn't matter who you replace a coach with, things will get better which is one of the most incorrect statements I have ever read on this board.

Look at our own team, we replaced Babs with Blashill and we regressed big time. Year after year teams go through coaching changes for a variety of reasons, sometimes they get better, sometimes they stay the same, sometimes they regress. To say you will get any of these particular results 99% of the time is just wrong on so many levels.

21 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

What a turncoat Julien turned out to be.  You can't trust a Frenchie in Boston.  

What Babs did was worse. They fired Julien on their own volition.

If my boss fired me tomorow, first thing I'd do is call up the biggest competitor and let them know I'm available. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Blues won 3 games AND the Bruins won 4 games after firing their coaches??? Clearly this small sample proves it. Open and shut case boys. Fire the entire coaching staff. We might still have a shot at the postseason now that we've discovered this one weird trick that GMs dont want you to know.

How many teams fired a coach mid-season the last 3 or 4 years and got worse?

Of course, the teams that did better have a lot more talent than the Wings have this year.  Not even Bowman with Toe Blake Al Arbour as his assistants and could turn this group into a contender.

Edited by DickieDunn

42 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

How many teams fired a coach mid-season the last 3 or 4 years and got worse?

Of course, the teams that did better have a lot more talent than the Wings have this year.  Not even Bowman with Toe Blake Al Arbour as his assistants and could turn this group into a contender.

Only bad coaches get fired midseason

The common problem here is Holland.  We have been in a downward spiral, barely making the playoffs and getting ousted in the 1st round since 2012. That included years with Babcock. Blashill may not be the best coach, but Babcock was considered it. This is all on Holland, whether or not he contacted Julien is besides the point, he has handed out WAY too many overpaid and too long of contracts that he cannot get rid of, that he won't get rid of. Trading these guys or buying them out shows that he was wrong in giving them the deals in the first place, he'd never admit he was wrong.

Would it have been nice to have one of the best coaches in the NHL here? Sure, nobody is denying that, BUT it won't change until Holland is gone and we get a GM that has no loyalty to these bottom dwelling players. Babcock left because he wanted more creative control of his team, in other words, Holland probably wouldn't let him have much input on player personnel. With the right players deleted from this team, maybe Blashill can ice a better lineup and lines. For $9.9M goodness sakes you have players that are no better than 4th liners on a legit playoff team in Abby-Glen-Helm that are making a combined $9.9M starting next season and the next 4-6 years. None of them are anywhere near a top 9 player on a Stanley Cup team. You have 3 D-men that are no better than a #4 making a combined $14M on long contracts.

The problem is Holland, but until he is fired or his contract is up and someone else steps in, nothing with change. And by someone, I don't mean Martin, he is too much like Holland.

I think everyone forgets that the coaches eligible to coach for Montreal are a small group. The coach must is STRONGLY preferred to be a French speaker. There has been one outlier that didn't speak French which caused the team to be protested against and the government to weigh in with their opinion. 

7 minutes ago, FireCaptain said:

I think everyone forgets that the coaches eligible to coach for Montreal are a small group. The coach must is STRONGLY preferred to be a French speaker. There has been one outlier that didn't speak French which caused the team to be protested against and the government to weigh in with their opinion. 

Yeah it's pretty much a requirement. It's not really surprising Bergevin went hard after him and Julien accepted.

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Only bad coaches get fired midseason

Julien, Boudreau, coaches have been fired mid season.  Sometimes it's a wrong fit with a team, or a knee jerk reaction by the GM trying to save his own arse.

11 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Julien, Boudreau, coaches have been fired mid season.  Sometimes it's a wrong fit with a team, or a knee jerk reaction by the GM trying to save his own arse.

Those guys were on the out for so long, it was a relief when they finally got canned so people could stop talking about it.

On 14/02/2017 at 9:53 PM, kliq said:

Out of curiosity, did Florida get better? You forgot to mention them in your deep analysis.

Your statement "doesn't everyone see it doesn't matter who you replace coach with 99% of time it works!!" flat out says is that it doesn't matter who you replace a coach with, things will get better which is one of the most incorrect statements I have ever read on this board.

I think you should revisit the standings and check Florida... they too fall in the 99% :)

1 hour ago, wingfan1991 said:

I think you should revisit the standings and check Florida... they too fall in the 99% :)

I brought up Florida because you conveniently left them out since at the time they wouldn't fit in to your narrative. Funny how they have a good week and all of a sudden you bring them up.

Making a coaching change doesn't automatically make your team better and guarantee a surge, the idea that it works 99% is just incorrect.

If a team is struggling and their coach is not clicking, and they replace the coach with a better coach, are they more likely to play better? Of course, but that is just common sense, your original statement of "doesn't everyone see it doesn't matter who you replace coach with 99% of time it work" is just simply wrong, especially the "it doesn't matter who you replace them with" part. Change doesn't make a team better, improvement does. What you are advocating is that change of any kind automatically leads to improvement. Do you honestly not see the flaw in that line of thinking?