• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2/15 GDT - St. Louis Blues vs Red Wings - 8:00 PM EST

Too bad Jagr never decided to be a Wing in his travels around the NHL.  He's 45 and can out-skate and out-score anyone we have.

3 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'd actually say that first goal really set the tone for most of this game, playing from behind is losing hockey. He's been good since, but he should've had that first one (though the d should've never left someone so open either).

If that is all it takes to deflate this team, then they have even bigger issues than I thought.  Good teams turn right around and get that goal back.  We cannot score even one?

so when our goalie is on we cant score
when our offensive is on the goalie cant make a save
cool

Thought the same thing tonight. Reminds me of bad baseball teams. Pitcher's light out one night, gets zero run support. Next outing his offense gets him 4/5 runs, he falls apart and gives up 6 or 7. Outrageously frustrating when they're so out of sync

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Too bad Jagr never decided to be a Wing in his travels around the NHL.  He's 45 and can out-skate and out-score anyone we have.

If that is all it takes to deflate this team, then they have even bigger issues than I thought.  Good teams turn right around and get that goal back.  We cannot score even one?

I didn't say it deflated them, but it changes the way both teams approach the game. If you don't think it's  harder to score while playing from behind I don't know what to tell you. But honestly, another early goal given up in the first few minutes on a team that's having trouble scoring? I'd venture that was pretty damn deflating. 

I didnt say this team was good, I said Mrazek should've saved it.

Also, not to point out the obvious, but Jagr is extremely slow, every time I see him he looks slower than Z.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

Well, tonight definitely for sure ended anyone's ridiculous hopes for a "late season red wing rally" towards the playoffs. What a pitiful performance. Time to start moving some bodies out, and get more young players in the lineup.

Oh and I'm totally on the Fire Blashill train, but not until after the season. His coaching style guarantees a bottom five finish. We need that to get this bus turned around.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Can we please have a fire sale now?

This team is so bad, I'd rather have all of the prospects from GR up here instead of the vets we have.

Holland has made this team a ******* disgrace. He will no doubtedly be haunted by Mr. I's ghost. 

Just now, CaliforniaWingsFan said:

Sad to watch...on the bright side Holland has no reason not to sell any assets we have. Of course knowing him, we will probably stand pat at the deadline and not get any picks. Kick the tires and wait for next season's acquisition, Ericsson. 

...and don't forget that our PP is our enforcer.

I'm just hoping Z gets 900 point mark this season. Not really caring about wins or losses because of the depression side effect. May as well cheer on player milestones. Mantha hits 20 goals? Any takers? Sheahan scores zero goals at 82 game end, any takers? 

Edited by kickazz

This is a bottom of the league tier team they are going to play hockey games like this. Enjoy your rebuild people. I'm just surprised this board is so shocked every night when they play like they have all season. My mind has been on the draft since mid January

Edited by joesuffP

8 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

This is a bottom of the league tier team they are going to play hockey games like this. Enjoy your rebuild people. I'm just surprised this board is so shocked every night when they play like they have all season. My mind has been on the draft since mid January

You could've saved this awhile ago had our s***ty GM did something, yeah now it's to late. 

Blash should be gone by now. What if the team did this bad under Lewis when Scotty left? He wouldn't have lasted one season. I know Lewis inherited the HOF roster and Blash started with a fringe playoff team, but he had all the same players as last seasons team that made the playoffs, minus Datsyuk, and added Vanek, Nielson, and Ott. There's no reason they shouldn't be at least in the thick of a fight for a spot instead of in the thick of the lottery for first overall.

I'd rather have the pick than the playoff spot right now, but a coach isn't there to lose. And in Detroit, you'd think they'd do something about that, but nothing. Not one word about Blash's performance from anyone above him. Maybe there is an undercover tank job going on. Keep the inept coach who is in way over his head and sail to a top pick.