• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

Trouba or Pick

Rate this topic

Trouba or Draft Pick?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hypothetically? Absolutely. Considering the upcoming draft is definitely a weak class, and a 5th overall will have much less value than previous years, this scenario for this particular up coming offseason and draft wouldn't happen. For it to be this year, it would take a first, one roster player like Tatar or Nyquist, and a prospect or two. 

It's not a mystery to the league that our defense is in desperate need of help and is among the worst in the league, which raises the price a bit also. 

Trouba couldn't help this defence with the way it is. Maybe once there's a good supporting cast for a legitimate number one Dman, then look to make a deal. But DD, Green (if kept), Errorsson, Kronwall, XO, Smith (if kept), Jensen, and Sproul just isn't gonna cut it.

Keep the pick unless the trade is straight up and just can't be refused. No other "sweeteners" from Detroit like Nyquist and a second, and sure, go for it.

18 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Depending on position and pick for first overall? No otherwise yes.

Trouba will soon be an UFA so the Wings could try to sign him and a another piece to the rebuild comw june

Trouba can't be a ufa until 27 years of age or 7 years in the league... So that's not really true 

Yeah, it's a no-brainer for me, I'd take Trouba every time in that scenario. I'd even strongly consider it if the trade were made after the draft lottery and we won the top pick. Not saying I'd do it for sure, but I'd definitely have to think long and hard about it. I don't think Nolan Patrick is going to be an absolute stud, certainly nowhere close to the level of McDavid or Matthews, and he probably fits closer to a player like Hall (although a center), maybe even Nugent-Hopkins or dare I say, Yakupov... And look what Hall was traded for last year, and Trouba is light-years ahead of Larsson. I think Patrick's potential is about the same as where Trouba is at now in his development, and I still think Trouba has a ton of room to grow. I guess it just depends what you value more, the number one center, or the top pair defenseman? We need both, but I think we have a bigger need for the top pair (number one) defenseman.

Without a solid puck moving D-core any more offense we bring in might not help. It takes a long time to develop defense and we need our defense to start being good by the time Mantha Larkin and AA are in their prime. Trouba would be a solid start but I don't think he would help much unless we start developing our current prospects into top 4 dmen and start drafting some high caliber dmen as well. Once our defense is established we can start bringing in offense to compliment our young forward group, since forwards usually take less time to develop.

I wouldn't hesitate a second to take Trouba for the pick. Every pick as an inherent risk. You didn't see that player perform in an NHL-game. And there are several examples where No.1-No.5 picks were used on players that later didn't pan out as expected. With Trouba we can be pretty sure that we get what we need the most right now.

3 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Depending on position and pick for first overall? No otherwise yes.

Trouba will soon be an UFA so the Wings could try to sign him and a another piece to the rebuild comw june

Trouba will be an RFA, not UFA.

My choice has been well documented. You have to get Trouba if they're offering. We'll get another high pick next draft too. But, if they're calling us, we can ask for that 2nd rounder I want as well! 

12 minutes ago, Fedorovfan said:

I'd like to see how the trade deadline plays out first. If the Wings can grab another first round pick I'd package that with a lower level player for  Trouba. 

I don't think a late first and a "lower level player" would be enough to land Trouba, but I'd definitely do the late first and a higher level player and / or prospect... Late 1st plus Tatar / Svechnikov.

Imagine adding Trouba and Patrick / Vilardi this summer...

Th' Peg has an entire year (and probably a new head coach) to play Trouba before they really need to consider moving him.  So, you're unlikely to get him for a middle/lower 1st and a "lower level player." 

IF you're sold on getting Trouba -- you're gonna have to pay to get Trouba.

I went and looked up the 2018 draft rankings and it looks like the majority of the top 10 are D.  With that in mind and the fact we're rebuilding... I'd use the pick on the best available player this year and pre-tank for next year, by not adding an upgrade over a current roster player.

I would trade the pick. Holland is going to have to get creative to get a high end guy on the blue line. I'm sure Trouba would be absolutely thrilled to be playing for the wings as their future #1 too

Having said that I don't think the deal makes much sense for Winnepeg. They're ready to compete right now. They probably want an impact player

Edited by joesuffP

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think you guys think too much of Trouba.

By far the highest pick we've had in forever, and most of you want to trade it?

Put all the chips on black (or perhaps in this case red) 13 and let it ride.

I don't think you think highly enough of Trouba, or what he would bring to this team... All his numbers point to him being a legit top pair defenseman, right now at the age of 22, and he will most likely develop into a true number one within the next year or two. Trouba would instantly be our undisputed number one (I know, not saying much on this team...), he logs a ton of minutes, can run a power-play, kill penalties, hits, blocks shots, clears the net-front, and drives possession.

What are the chances we get anything close to that in this years draft? I'd say slim to none. Sure, Liljegren could develop into a good offensive defenseman, maybe he even becomes a top pair guy, but I highly doubt he will become anything close to a well rounded player like Trouba.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think you think highly enough of Trouba, or what he would bring to this team... All his numbers point to him being a legit top pair defenseman, right now at the age of 22, and he will most likely develop into a true number one within the next year or two. Trouba would instantly be our undisputed number one (I know, not saying much on this team...), he logs a ton of minutes, can run a power-play, kill penalties, hits, blocks shots, clears the net-front, and drives possession.

What are the chances we get anything close to that in this years draft? I'd say slim to none. Sure, Liljegren could develop into a good offensive defenseman, maybe he even becomes a top pair guy, but I highly doubt he will become anything close to a well rounded player like Trouba.

Yeah he's really good, I just like gambling