• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

Trouba or Pick

Rate this topic

Trouba or Draft Pick?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'd consider it for Fowler or Hamilton, not Trouba.  He's not especially good offensively for a "top pair" guy and he already thinks he's a superstar so you know you're going to have to pay him more than he's worth later.  He reminds me of another "top pair" guy named Jay Bouwmeester, who was mediocre offensively, got paid like a elite defenseman, and then never improved.  Except that Trouba has never topped 30 points in any NHL season.  I'd pass and keep my pick.  Try to move Nyquist and/or Dekeyser for defensive help.

Trouba is just 22 years old (23 next week), still very young for a defenseman. He is also on the exact same point per game pace as Fowler, 0.51, while Hamilton is currently better, at 0.59. Hamilton is a year older and Fowler is two years older. Trouba is also on a pace as good or better offensively then either of the other two at the same age. Trouba is finally starting to get the appropriate ice time and he has been capitalizing. He would take on an even bigger role in Detroit, and I think he would be an absolute stud. I would definitely take both Hamilton and Fowler if they were available as well, but Trouba would be my number one target, then Hamilton, then Fowler...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Trouba is just 22 years old (23 next week), still very young for a defenseman. He is also on the exact same point per game pace as Fowler, 0.51, while Hamilton is currently better, at 0.59. Hamilton is a year older and Fowler is two years older. Trouba is also on a pace as good or better offensively then either of the other two at the same age. Trouba is finally starting to get the appropriate ice time and he has been capitalizing. He would take on an even bigger role in Detroit, and I think he would be an absolute stud. I would definitely take both Hamilton and Fowler if they were available as well, but Trouba would be my number one target, then Hamilton, then Fowler...

I agree with this. Trouba I guess TECHNICALLY is overrated AS OF NOW. But he's also pretty damn young compared to Fowler, Barrie. But he could end up surpassing them when he's their age (25 years old and entering prime). 

Edited by kickazz

Let's just say we're sitting at the draft table with the number 5 overall pick and Liljegren is our guy. Winnipeg calls and offer us Trouba for the pick straight up. What would you do? I take the trade without hesitation. Trouba is a top pair guy right now, and has plenty of room to grow. Liljegren, while he looks like a very good young player, is still very much an unknown. I think best case scenario he develops into a player as good as Trouba, maybe slightly better offensively. Worst case, which is always a possibility, he doesn't develop as well as expected, and tops out as a mediocre NHL defenseman. I take the sure thing every time.

Of course you take Trouba. Good size, tremendous potential, Michigan guy so there is a a deep connection. Liljegren needs to simplify his game and work on his defense if he wants to be a top pairing guy in this league.

If it's not Patrick and Winnipeg offers Trouba for the pick or for AA, Mantha take it an run with it it's a great trade. But with Myers having injury problems I'm not sure about him being on the market.

7 hours ago, marcaractac said:

At this point, I'd expect to see Myers be the odd man out on Winnipeg. There is just no reason for them to trade Trouba anymore. 

Honestly, I'd take him here too. I don't think he's a top guy but he's better than probably anyone we have. Wouldn't trade the first for him obviously but I've been a fan of Myers since buffalo was rumored to be shopping him. 

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

why does everyone want to dump AA? He's the best prospect forward we've had since...well, more prospects than you can imagine! He stays...

Everyone? Who wants to dump AA?? Some have advocated trading him for a top defenseman.. but that's hardly a "dump." It's a very realistic price to pay for such a rare commodity. 

That said, I don't want AA playing on any other team but the wings either. 

why does everyone want to dump AA? He's the best prospect forward we've had since...well, more prospects than you can imagine! He stays...

So he is this years Larkin or Goose from a few years ago were some people were calling him the next 40 goal scorer or whatever.

Teams are built from the backend so if someone offers a legitimate young top 4 defender he is gone. That's the beauty of being a seller for the right but realistic price everyone is available