• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

2/18 GDT - Capitals at Red Wings - 2:00 PM EST

@puckloo39 When it's a national broadcast and the game airs on either NBCSN, NHL Network, NBC, it will be blacked out. Also If it is broadcast locally for you, for example, any Red Wings vs Predators games are blacked out for me because they air on my local network. It works this way with all sports packages, NBA, MLB, and NFL. It's part of the contract of these packages to prevent ratings from being taken from the networks, if they didn't do it that way, packages like Center Ice wouldn't be permitted to exist because it would violate the rebroadcast agreement. It's not just hockey and it's not just Center Ice, it's all packages for all sports. 

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

@puckloo39 When it's a national broadcast and the game airs on either NBCSN, NHL Network, NBC, it will be blacked out. Also If it is broadcast locally for you, for example, any Red Wings vs Predators games are blacked out for me because they air on my local network. It works this way with all sports packages, NBA, MLB, and NFL. It's part of the contract of these packages to prevent ratings from being taken from the networks, if they didn't do it that way, packages like Center Ice wouldn't be permitted to exist because it would violate the rebroadcast agreement. It's not just hockey and it's not just Center Ice, it's all packages for all sports. 

Well, even when it's not NHL or NBC, I don't get Wings feeds here.  I am aware the games get stolen from Center Ice when NBCSN, NBC, or NHL Network decide to show them.

As far as CI supposedly showing Home and Away for games which are NOT swiped by NHL or a national broadcast:   I get multiple feeds of other games, both home and away... but never the Wings games.  I have seen three or four games this season and they were apparently accidents - listed on the schedule as other games but when I flipped through the NHL/NBA/Baseball sports channels, the Wings were on.  Just not where the schedule said they were supposed to be.  I have seen FSD one time this season on Center Ice.

They are sending a technician tomorrow.  I am guessing he will stand here and look at the cable box for a while, and then leave.  Since it's the Center Ice feed -- not the brand new Spectrum box that is the issue.  The old box didn't work either, same issue.  Load some more codes, sacrifice a chicken, whatever.... or better still, give me my money back.

:brow:

4 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Well, even when it's not NHL or NBC, I don't get Wings feeds here.  I am aware the games get stolen from Center Ice when NBCSN, NBC, or NHL Network decide to show them.

As far as CI supposedly showing Home and Away for games which are NOT swiped by NHL or a national broadcast:   I get multiple feeds of other games, both home and away... but never the Wings games.  I have seen three or four games this season and they were apparently accidents - listed on the schedule as other games but when I flipped through the NHL/NBA/Baseball sports channels, the Wings were on.  Just not where the schedule said they were supposed to be.  I have seen FSD one time this season on Center Ice.

They are sending a technician tomorrow.  I am guessing he will stand here and look at the cable box for a while, and then leave.  Since it's the Center Ice feed -- not the brand new Spectrum box that is the issue.  The old box didn't work either, same issue.  Load some more codes, sacrifice a chicken, whatever.... or better still, give me my money back.

Ohh no kidding, yeah that definitely shouldn't be happening. I stream through the Xbox App on my console and haven't had that kind of issue at all this season. I didn't sign up through my cable provider because they don't even offer it here.

2 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Do I dare say this but so far this game they aren't playing like they're in last.. playing pretty good I think.

They do. And even without Green. But we have to keep in mind that the Caps still have to shake some rust off after their bye-week.

8 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

LOL, we have a picture of the cable technician trying to decide what to do about puckloo's issue:

SouthParkChicken.jpg

Edited by Y19

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Ohh no kidding, yeah that definitely shouldn't be happening. I stream through the Xbox App on my console and haven't had that kind of issue at all this season. I didn't sign up through my cable provider because they don't even offer it here.

well, I know.  Other friends of mine say, "well, it works perfectly for me."  

Great!  I guess that solves my problem then, since YOU can see it, I just don't need to... perfect!   ROTFL!!   Kidding (sort of), but seriously -- if I was of the persuasion to believe in conspiracies, I would think they are blocking every single Wings feed to my house.  Of course, I am giving Center Ice and Spectrum/TWC way too much credit for being smart enough to actually DO that.

/sarcastic loooo

8 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Washington is the best team in the league and they don't have an elite #1 defensemen. hmmmm

Yes but they have one of the best goalies that's all you need nowadays and we have the worst goaltending in the league. Give us Ben bishop with our crappy defense and we would not be in the situation.

what sucks the most is we suck and we have the refs ganging up on us every game... isnt bad enough to just suck. you really need the refs to chip in too?

sorry wings fans im hoping for an implosion in the last 5 mins leading the wings to lose in regulation. so we can get rid of this coach already

Edited by brett

4 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

What a save!

3rd period all PK time.

Figured I'd add something to the thread instead of lurk.  Considering how slow it is these days.

Welcome.  Yeah, it's with a slow thread like this that I feel it's OK to post a South Park picture about Puckloo's cable problem.

2 minutes ago, brett said:

what sucks the most is we suck and we have the refs ganging up on us every game... isnt bad enough to just suck. you really need the refs to chip in too?

sorry wings fans im hoping for an implosion in the last 5 mins leading the wings to lose in regulation. so we can get rid of this coach already

Tie game, hope you're feeling better.  :evil:

Well...that's what I get for saying anything.   :crybaby:

edit:  Yeah, I've been here for a long time.  Usually I read the game day as I watch the game, and by the time I have something to contribute 3-4 others have already said it, and in a better way than I could have.  :lol:

Edited by TheWolf