• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

2/18 GDT - Capitals at Red Wings - 2:00 PM EST

4 hours ago, wingfan1991 said:

Wait for it he'll still blow this game no way he can hang on.

It's funny seeing post like this an the other one saying we have the worst goaltending in the league. Mrazek has been excellent since Blash actually let him play more than one game before shoving clown show Coreau in his way. Amazing how a goalie can pull himself out of a slump or bad season when you stick with him. Maybe Blash learned a coaching lesson? Yayyy Blash!! Only hundreds more to go buddy!!

18 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

It's funny seeing post like this an the other one saying we have the worst goaltending in the league. Mrazek has been excellent since Blash actually let him play more than one game before shoving clown show Coreau in his way. Amazing how a goalie can pull himself out of a slump or bad season when you stick with him. Maybe Blash learned a coaching lesson? Yayyy Blash!! Only hundreds more to go buddy!!

Blashill made Mrazek earn the job back which IMO was the right move. If Mrazek couldnt take the benching then he shouldnt be in the NHL.

I will give him credit though, when he was at rock bottom and he worked his way out. This will make him a stronger goaltender and will be better for us in the long run.

29 minutes ago, kliq said:

Blashill made Mrazek earn the job back which IMO was the right move. If Mrazek couldnt take the benching then he shouldnt be in the NHL.

I will give him credit though, when he was at rock bottom and he worked his way out. This will make him a stronger goaltender and will be better for us in the long run.

He started getting the starts because Coreau began to struggle. The more Mraz played, the better he got. But it's good. Only by playing (even through adversity) will he work out the weaknesses. 

47 minutes ago, kliq said:

I agree it was the right move, but for awhile there Mrazek would have a solid game but wouldn't get the next start. It's hard to earn your job back when your coach insists on playing the other goaltender regardless of how you play. It took Coreau to fall on his face for Blash to give Mrazek a solid string of starts. I know Blash and Mrazek weren't seeing eye to eye for awhile, so that may have something to do with that.

And Mrazek fighting his way back absolutely will make him stronger and show him that just cause your down, your never out if you want something bad enough. Goalies have down periods, and Holland said something in an interview about this being the first time Mrazek has faced true adversity probably since junior, so it was hard on him and he got pissed off. He just needed to relax, work hard, and figure things out for himself. Seems like he has.

32 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

He started getting the starts because Coreau began to struggle. The more Mraz played, the better he got. But it's good. Only by playing (even through adversity) will he work out the weaknesses. 

Exactly. :thumbup:

It was a good win but unfortunately meaningless one as far as playoff hopes.

The Wings basically have to win around 19 of their 24 games remaining. 

19-5 record overall.

Is that possible? 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

It was a good win but a unfortunately meaningless one as far as playoff hopes.

19-5 record overall.

Is that possible? 

Pretty accurate as last year the Wings were the lowest seed in the East with 93 points. For them to get 93 points again this year, they need 37 more points. 19-5 gives them 38. I'd say the chances are pretty slim. 19-5 is not impossible in general, but for a team to play as inconsistent as they have this year and then all of a sudden turn it around is highly unlikely unless Mrazek just stands on his head for the rest of the season.

17 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It was a good win but unfortunately meaningless one as far as playoff hopes.

19-5 record overall.

Is that possible? 

Nah, there's no way. They don't need another first round loss. Personally, i'm sick of the whole 5 and done (maybe drag it to 7 if Mrazek stands on his head again). And maybe once The Streak is officially over, the rebuild will finally get serious. Plus a top 5 pick wouldn't hurt. Screw the playoffs, honestly.