• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

02/19 GDT : Detroit Red Wings vs Pittsburgh Penguins : 3:00 PM ET

I don't know whether to jump up and down and celebrate or to throw something at my TV.  If the Wings can beat Wash and Pitts back to back ... where the hell was the team all season?  When it's too late, they're going to creep up in the standings to 9th spot ...

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Great game for Mrazek, and the Mantha - Zetterberg - Tatar line is looking dangerous every shift.

Yeah that line was all over. 

8 minutes ago, RedWingsRox said:

I don't know whether to jump up and down and celebrate or to throw something at my TV.  If the Wings can beat Wash and Pitts back to back ... where the hell was the team all season?  When it's too late, they're going to creep up in the standings to 9th spot ...

Bad teams can beat good teams from time to time. It happens. We're not a good team we just beat two good teams that's all. We got beaten by the Coyotes and Oilers plenty of times back in the late 2000s. Remember when the Blues beat us like 3 times in the 2008 season and they were bottom of the western conference. 

Edited by kickazz

5 minutes ago, kickazz said:

If Petr Mrazek gets traded in the deadline, how will you react? 

What will be will be.  Sure i won't be happy but nothing I can do about it.  Why do you care how I feel anyway?  So you can make some sort of point?

Edited by Hockeymom1960

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Calm down jeez. Its like every GDT you have to lash out at people talking about Mrazek. 

Just relax. It's a game. You can ignore us. 

I'm calm.  It just sounds more like a baited question to me.  

Anyway....good game by all.  

Edited by Hockeymom1960

7 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I'm calm.  It just sounds more like a baited question to me.  

Well if you think it's a baited question then just ignore it instead of taking "the bait" and acting passive-aggressive and becoming all argumentative over a question. Although I'm not exactly sure how asking what one would feel if Mrazek got traded is considered baiting. :huh: I understand that people are getting on your nerves for truthfully speaking about Mrazek but not everyone is out to bait you lol. It was a legit question. It's a forum after all. Questions and discussions are allowed. 

Edited by kickazz

50 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Not sure how I'd feel.

The guy has been great for us lately, and with Howard's penchant for getting injured at the mid point of any season - can we afford to send him packing?

To add...If this team could play a consistent defensive minded game in front of him - I'd like to think Mrazek could be stellar...He certainly has some of the uncanny physical qualities of that other guy named 'Dom' - as in he can make some pretty spectacular saves.

I wonder what Mrazek can get us in a deal. If it was something really nice then I'd go for it. But if the return is crap then I'd rather invest our time with him and focus on trading Vanek, Smith, Green. 

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

If Petr Mrazek gets traded in the deadline, how will you react? 

I know I wouldn't be happy. Why would you trade a goalie who entered the season as your starter and future in goal, who, while he's had an up and down season on and up and down team, has got it back together and is playing unbelievable hockey right now (that save on Daley tonight..holy s***!), is only 24 and has the potential to be one of the elite in the league when you are a rebuilding franchise?

Not to mention Howard isn't in game shape and probably shouldn't attempt to play until next season, and at 32, his injuries will only become more frequent and we're always left guessing how he will play when he does return from those injuries. And Coreau, while solid for a bit, eventually showed he isn't ready for anything more than an NHL backup role at most right now. In all reality, he should go back to the AHL for more work on his game, but he can't. 

Trading Mrazek would accomplish nothing, since he won't bring anything major in return, and it will only create another big problem.

Wouldn't put it past Holland to make a dumb move like that though. Lol

Just now, chaps80 said:

Wouldn't put it past Holland to make a dumb move like that though. Lol

Redmond said in the game yesterday that Mrazek is possibly in talks for trade. And btw I don't think Howard would be the replacement, I think it would end up being a Coreau/Howard tandem. 

You're right that you shouldn't trade a goalie with potential who is young. But would you do it for a 1st round draft pick? 

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Agreed.

If he could bring us some exceptional player/s, or draft pick/s - then I'd consider it, but there seems to be a bit of a glut with netminders...Pens goalie Fleury is said to probably be moved sometime by the deadline, or expansion draft.

Fleury has an NMC and the Pens wan to protect Murray, so if Fleury refuses to trade, they are screwed. But Fleury has said he'd take a trade to have a shot at being a no.1 goalie elsewhere.

Bishop may be moved before he' lost for nothing as an upcoming UFA. Dallas is also said to be looking to move Niemi. There's other things going on too.

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Redmond said in the game yesterday that Mrazek is possibly in talks for trade. And btw I don't think Howard would be the replacement, I think it would end up being a Coreau/Howard tandem. 

You're right that you shouldn't trade a goalie with potential who is young. But would you do it for a 1st round draft pick? 

I've heard rumblings about a Mrazek trade as well, but a lot a lot of it is speculation. Just going over options, etc.

A Howard/Coreau tandem, to me at least, leaves too many question marks. Injury prone inconsistent veteran and young AHLer who may or may not be ready to be in the NHL full time. If Mrazek was moved i'd hope they'd look elsewhere for a better option. But why put your team in that position to begin with? If you can draft a goalie like Mrazek, you hold on to him.

As for the trade for a 1st, depends what draft number and which draft. This season's draft is weak. 

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Hell No!

Trading Mrazek would be dumb in my opinion, and regardless of what Mick said, Holland definitely isn't shopping him. No way do you trade a goalie with Mrazek's potential, unless it's straight up for a young, number one defenseman (and that's not happening).