• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

02/21 GDT : New York Islanders vs Detroit Red Wings : 7:30 PM ET

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I thought Stu Grimson never scored for the Wings.  Though he did tally once in the postseason from what I remember.  

Both Grimson and Downey were the record holders. Sheahan just broke it this weekend. 

Edited by kickazz

9 hours ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

2 pages... man what has happened with everything? :(

There just isn't much to get excited about right now, unfortunately.  It has been a very bad year for the Wings and Wings fans though.  Datsyuk retiring, Gordie, Mr I, the Joe, our playoff streak probably coming to an end.  That's a lot of bad in a short amount of time.  This franchise and its fan base are kind of in a state of mourning.  It doesn't surprise me to see the lack of activity on this board, even a gameday thread.  

13 hours ago, kickazz said:

Both Grimson and Downey were the record holders. Sheahan just broke it this weekend. 

Those guys fought and were entertaining.  Sheahan is a just a big wuss who doesn't do anything physical. Our coaching staff seems to think taking up space counts as doing something physical.  

16 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

is that Petr? lol they're playing Pink Floyd's the Wall at the Joe

I think that save beats even his open net stick save on Boyle in the playoffs. This one he had to move it down and cut the puck off. Tavares to boot. On the other his stick was in one place for a couple seconds. Boyle pretty much shot right at it. Not that it makes it any less amazing, but this one just looked tougher to make.

He's had a rough season (just like the whole franchise from ownership down), but battled back and is the only reason most nights that games have been won or are even close lately. Welcome back Petr!!

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I think that save beats even his open net stick save on Boyle in the playoffs. This one he had to move it down and cut the puck off. Tavares to boot. On the other his stick was in one place for a couple seconds. Boyle pretty much shot right at it. Not that it makes it any less amazing, but this one just looked tougher to make.

He's had a rough season (just like the whole franchise from ownership down), but battled back and is the only reason most nights that games have been won or are even close lately. Welcome back Petr!!

He's finally above 90 and just under 3 goals allowed per game on the season. It's a start.

54 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Those guys fought and were entertaining.  Sheahan is a just a big wuss who doesn't do anything physical. Our coaching staff seems to think taking up space counts as doing something physical.  

Sheahan is a pretty big guy, but your typical Red Wing (although the team is starting to take less s*** from other teams). Soft. He's a first round pick too, and supposedly knows how to play the game and is counted on for some offense. But he can't even score one.

Downey was never drafted and Grimson was drafted like 184th overall, but like you said, at least they brought some entertainment and stuck up for teammates. Downey was also huge in the locker room in 2008 apparantly. Didn't play in the playoffs, but was always there to boost morale and help with whatever and didn't cry about it.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's finally above 90 and just under 3 goals allowed per game on the season. It's a start.

Yeah. When you start playing great late in the season, while struggling through quite a bit of it since October, your numbers won't start looking good for a bit. 

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Our scoring numbers make me think it's 1970

Or the 1995 Cup finals.