• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Tomas Jurco traded to Chicago for a 3rd rounder

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

When did I say he was overrated and not as good as people say he is?

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Classic case of fan base over valuing a guy???  So why did Chicago give us a 3rd?? Classic case  of a team watching utube video of a guy playing with a puck?

My bad, I thought YOU were saying "classic case of a fan base over valuing a guy", I didnt realize that was puckbags.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think it's a lot more likely that Jurco turns it around in Chicago, than anything in the 85-90 range becoming an impact NHLer. Jurco never did get a legit shot here and he likely never would, so I guess in that sense it's a good trade. I just wish as a rebuilding team we would trade off some of the older players, not the 24 year old kid...

The Jurco story is baffling. There has to be more to the story that we just dont know. My gut tells me that both Babs and Blashill had an issue with him, maybe lack of effort in practice? Maybe a poor attitude? I have no idea and this is pure speculation, but it's just odd.

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya cause we wouldn't  take jarnkrok over no goals sheahan at the moment (who's been playing really well ) and janmark .... Are they stars? nope ... wed be better with them though

Hindsight my friend. Last year when Sheahan had 25 points and Jarnkrok had 22 points. Or the year before that when Sheahan had 36 points and Jarnkrok had 30 points. Not to mention Sheahan is better defensively than Jarnkrok.

1 minute ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Hindsight my friend. Last year when Sheahan had 25 points and Jarnkrok had 22 points. Or the year before that when Sheahan had 36 points and Jarnkrok had 30 points. Not to mention Sheahan is better defensively than Jarnkrok.

its  not hindsight my friend . I always say we're gonna regret trading every prospect remember ;)

jarnkrok  12 Goals same as Larkin and one more than that great holland signing (nielsen)

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

its  not hindsight my friend . I always say we're gonna regret trading every prospect remember ;)

jarnkrok  12 Goals same as Larkin and one more than that great holland signing (nielsen)

Sheahan has had two better seasons, but Jarnkrok one trumps him. Nice.

Jarnkrok? Really? What about that scrub Eaves we traded? :P

I think Chicago overpaid for Jurco, considering his production here, BUT, he was never really given the chance to prove he was an offensive player. HE may have had a few shifts in the top 6, but nowhere near as much as Helm, SHeahan, Abby or Glenny.  All who of which haven't produced there consistently.  Glad to see they are in the bottom 6 now, but honestly, I think if Jurco was given the chance on a consistent basis to be in the top 6, he would've have earned a spot here and we may be talking about someone else being dealt. Can't change it now, for some reason he just couldn't get out of the dog house.  I hope we don't regret it, but hey, at least we got a nice return.  What if Chicago is the first team eliminated? Mid round pick then...

3 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Handful of games. :clap:

12 games jarnkrok 42 sheahan .... I'd say 30 more games is a big difference , and his 15 pt lead he had more would be a lot smaller if not gone , but hey would do I know 

lets keep it back on topic , you think jurco is a waste of life , I think he has untapped potential and can turn things around, we'll see soon enough 

That being said getting a 3rd for a guy we tried forcing into a grinder and wasn't playing is more than I expected .... So good on KH , one of his rare good moves 

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Great , I hoped the sadowy  trade was paid off but I read were sending a 3rd this year , so much for having 3 3rd rounders and possibly 4 depending what happens with smith 

oh well

Actually the 3rd we traded to SJS was already paid, they traded it to Phoenix...we traded it to them, they traded it to Phoenix along with a 4th rounder last draft for Letunov and a 6th rounder this draft...see below:

June 20, 2016:
arizona_coyotes.svgARI
2016 4th round pick (#120-Otto Koivula)
2017 3rd round pick
san_jose_sharks.svgSJS
2017 6th round pick

May 26, 2016:
san_jose_sharks.svgSJS
2017 3rd round pick
Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Chicago's 3rd = late 2nd.  Good work here, Kenny.

You got that backwards...Chicago's 3rd = could equal early 4th if they win the Cup. Could be as early as a mid round 3rd. But not a late 2nd, they are no danger of missing the playoffs. Still a good return...

1 hour ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

You mixed this up when checking stats. Jarnkrok currently has 22 pts in 60 game this season compared to Sheahan's 9. Last season, he had 30 pts. compared to Sheahan's 25.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Actually the 3rd we traded to SJS was already paid, they traded it to Phoenix...we traded it to them, they traded it to Phoenix along with a 4th rounder last draft for Letunov and a 6th rounder this draft...see below:

June 20, 2016:
arizona_coyotes.svgARI
2016 4th round pick (#120-Otto Koivula)
2017 3rd round pick
san_jose_sharks.svgSJS
2017 6th round pick

May 26, 2016:
san_jose_sharks.svgSJS
2017 3rd round pick

We have 2 3rd rounders with the jurco move no? 

Damn whyd  you have to show that chart  , really wanted koivula and he's doing good , oh well lol

45 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think it's a lot more likely that Jurco turns it around in Chicago, than anything in the 85-90 range becoming an impact NHLer. Jurco never did get a legit shot here and he likely never would, so I guess in that sense it's a good trade. I just wish as a rebuilding team we would trade off some of the older players, not the 24 year old kid...

Maybe it is more likely that Jurco turns it around in Chicago than the pick turning into an impact NHLer.  But, to date, Jurco is hardly an impact NHLer.  I can see the point of trading a 24 year-old.  Yeah, why not give him more chances since we're likely to keep losing for a bit anyway?  I figure they had made up their minds on Jurco though.  And, assuming that's the case, trading him for a 3rd rounder today was the right call (and, again, a good haul for him based on what he's accomplished at the NHL level). 

I know many on LGW have continually pumped Jurco's tires about he never got a legitimate chance here.  Yeah, he didn't get much power play time and yeah he played predominantly in the bottom six... but 159 games?  Not to mention all of the practices, etc. in 3.5 seasons?  At some point, even if a guy's opportunities aren't ideal, the blame for lack of success has to start shifting toward the player for not performing.  For me, that point has passed.

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

12 games jarnkrok 42 sheahan .... I'd say 30 more games is a big difference , and his 15 pt lead he had more would be a lot smaller if not gone , but hey would do I know 

lets keep it back on topic , you think jurco is a waste of life , I think he has untapped potential and can turn things around, we'll see soon enough 

That being said getting a 3rd for a guy we tried forcing into a grinder and wasn't playing is more than I expected .... So good on KH , one of his rare good moves 

1. Jarnkrok last two seasons - 81GP and 72GP

2. Nowhere anywhere did I post Jurco is a waste of life. My comment was based on your opinion of how the Wings are going to regret the deal like you say every time they lose a prospect. Sorry but I don't take your opinion very seriously based on your post history.

7 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

You mixed this up when checking stats. Jarnkrok currently has 22 pts in 60 game this season compared to Sheahan's 9. Last season, he had 30 pts. compared to Sheahan's 25. 

Or maybe you did this on purpose to suit your argument?

Yea I did it to suit my argument. No honest mistake here. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We have 2 3rd rounders with the jurco move no? 

Damn whyd  you have to show that chart  , really wanted koivula and he's doing good , oh well lol

Yes, we have Toronto's 3rd (Babcock signing) and Chicago's 3rd....which sucks only because our 3rd would be a late 2nd basically now, but Holland may have hedged that we'd finish higher than Toronto so he keep the one he may have thought would be higher...but still 2...

Go to capfriendly.com and you can see all our picks, and it will show you details of the traded ones.

1 minute ago, kliq said:

Not really....he gave up a third rounder, he cant come out and say "Kids been a bust, want to give him a shot". He has to say this.

But he gave up a third rounder, so he must believe what he's saying or he wouldn't have made the trade... and quite frankly, I think he's right...

10 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

1. Jarnkrok last two seasons - 81GP and 72GP

2. Nowhere anywhere did I post Jurco is a waste of life. My comment was based on your opinion of how the Wings are going to regret the deal like you say every time they lose a prospect. Sorry but I don't take your opinion very seriously based on your post history.

Yea I did it to suit my argument. No honest mistake here. :rolleyes:

1 - don't know why your telling me how many games jarnkrok played 

year one sheahan had 30 more games so I don't count that, second season sheahan had more pts , last year jarnkrok and this year , so I see it as. 2-1 jarnkrock or 2-1-1 

2- that's fine you don't have to take my comments seriously , im pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd rather have jarnkrok and janmark back instead of what we got for them

Not that this thread is about those two, in hindsight you may want them back, but the difference is, we don't have Legwand or Cole taking up a roster spot anymore, but if we had those two back, we'd have no room for all the players with Holland's unmovable contracts... Or Mantha and AA would still be in GR, possibly along with Larkin.

38 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

But he gave up a third rounder, so he must believe what he's saying or he wouldn't have made the trade... and quite frankly, I think he's right...

I didn't mean he doesn't believe it, my point is its really not "interesting" its obvious. He clearly see's something in Jurco or he wouldnt have given a third up. I think the 3rd round pick speaks for itsself.