• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Tomas Jurco traded to Chicago for a 3rd rounder

Rate this topic

Blashill tried to make Jurco into a different player than he is and when it failed he buried him. I think that if Jurco is allowed to playbhos game and gets a little confidence he'll be a decent player.

Put Janmark or Jarnkrok on this Wing's team and they're not nearly as predictive. Just like all the current Wings

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Blashill tried to make Jurco into a different player than he is and when it failed he buried him. I think that if Jurco is allowed to playbhos game and gets a little confidence he'll be a decent player.

Put Janmark or Jarnkrok on this Wing's team and they're not nearly as predictive. Just like all the current Wings

Babcock never got anything out of Jurco either. And didn't use Eaves the correct way either apparently.

Bout time. He had no future with the Wings and hasn't for awhile. He may do better in Chicago, but I think he was picked up more for expansion draft requirements. I thought I read that they needed a couple forwards under contract to expose. Maybe not though.

A 3rd is quite a bit for him. Good dealin Kenny. Now stop ignoring calls about Smith and ship him out! Also, if Jurco brought a third, Vanek should bring a nice haul. Get er done!

42 minutes ago, brett said:

Im good with It. 

Bet you he plays 1st or 2nd line on the Hawks and tears it up

Hahahaha whattttt??

39 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Bout time. He had no future with the Wings and hasn't for awhile. He may do better in Chicago, but I think he was picked up more for expansion draft requirements. I thought I read that they needed a couple forwards under contract to expose. Maybe not though.

A 3rd is quite a bit for him. Good dealin Kenny. Now stop ignoring calls about Smith and ship him out! Also, if Jurco brought a third, Vanek should bring a nice haul. Get er done!

Hahahaha whattttt??

Seriously doubt the Hawks dealt a 3rd for expansion draft requirements 

My prediction is that, even if he gets top 6 time, he'll fizzle out and land in the KHL eventually.  Athansiou had crap minutes for the longest time and still found the back of the net.  If a guy has so much skill as Jurco does, he should be able to convert it.  This is just my opinion.  We got a good return, considering Eaves went to Anaheim for a conditional 2nd round pick.

My take:

Clearly Chicago saw something in Jurco, enough to warrant a 3rd round pick. They might be right, most of us know he has skills, it just hasn't translated to our team. Who the hell knows if he'll bloom there. Only time will tell.

As for us, a 3rd is a solid return on Jurco given what he's done here. In my opinion it is way better than I would have expected, I'll take it any day and let our scouts try to get something this summer.

In summary, I don't care if Chicago made a steal. He didn't bloom here and this is not something I'll hold against the organization even if he was to shape up with the Hawks, rather, good job from Ken Holland.

We are respectfully allowing the discussion to continue, but let's try to tone it down a little bit here and get the teeth off of each other's throats and dial it down a bit more to civil territory. I get it, I really do, frustrating season, questionable team decisions all around, but let's not get too vicious here. Things on the forum have been better than expected this season all things considered, and we would like to keep it that way. Thanks guys/gals.

5 hours ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Babcock never got anything out of Jurco either. And didn't use Eaves the correct way either apparently.

That Eaves "miss" is one instance that rings small alert bells as to the backoffice competency. In my mind it's probably the biggest precedence to use in a court hearing when arguing for not letting Jurco go, considering Eaves is a solid 1st line winger for Dallas.

Still, as a juror presented with the evidence as of now I would take the 3rd round pick. But good point, makes my eyebrows twitch a little. This could develop roughly the same way. There just isn't any way to know.

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Seriously doubt the Hawks dealt a 3rd for expansion draft requirements 

Yeah. Just something I was throwin out there. I dunno if they currently meet exposure requirements or not. Either way, i'm surprised at the return for Jurco. Solid move.

I'm wondering if Jurco isn't the only younger player wanting to go somewhere else. Could you imagine being much more talented, like AA or Larkin, and having to go to work for the moron Blashill every single day?

5 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

That Eaves "miss" is one instance that rings small alert bells as to the backoffice competency. In my mind it's probably the biggest precedence to use in a court hearing when arguing for not letting Jurco go, considering Eaves is a solid 1st line winger for Dallas.

Still, as a juror presented with the evidence as of now I would take the 3rd round pick. But good point, makes my eyebrows twitch a little. This could develop roughly the same way. There just isn't any way to know.

Eaves was let go because he couldn't stay healthy as much as anything.  Also, one year of scoring at a good rate playing on a top line doesn't mean much.  Even Draper had one big year when he skated with Yzerman and Shanahan.

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

Woah people are getting way too pissy in a Jurco thread lol.

Hey, leave the Woah People out of this! they're a peaceful village!

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Eaves was let go because he couldn't stay healthy as much as anything.  Also, one year of scoring at a good rate playing on a top line doesn't mean much.  Even Draper had one big year when he skated with Yzerman and Shanahan.

Tell that to Holland with the contracts he's handed out to his "loyal" players!

14 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Before Blash there was Babcock and he did the same thing! This is all about the system we play and coaching of the system. Sometimes it seems they're trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

I don't want to get started in on how much of an opportunity he was given but, didn't Blash have Jurco in GR? ...and didn't Jurco score down there when he was given the opportunity with the right line mates. No one should be surprised if Jurco starts putting up some points in a different system. Everyone should be surprised if he starts playing like a goddamned superstar.

6 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Exactly. Even Sheahan would have 20 goals by now if he played on a line with Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin.

Eaves wasn't doing much in Detroit, injured a lot. So he was shipped out. Sucks it was only for less than 30 games of Legwand (including playoffs) though. Oh well.

I very highly doubt Jurco is gonna start lighting it up in Chicago. He will be on the fourth line mostly, or a healthy scratch. No way he cracks these top two lines, probably not even the third:

Scmaltz Toews Panik

Panarin Anisimov Kane

Rasmussen Kruger Hossa

Hartman Kero Hinostroza

He's practicing with hossa and kruger, wouldn't surprise me to him with toews at one point or maybe a toews hossa jurco line Down the road as toews and Hossa have played together before and not sold on panik schmaltz longterm 

wasn't eaves on the redwings 4th line as well?cant expect to score in that situation .... Pens should go get Drew Miller and put him with Crosby and just enjoy the goals lol

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He's practicing with hossa and kruger, wouldn't surprise me to him with toews at one point or maybe a toews hossa jurco line Down the road as toews and Hossa have played together before and not sold on panik schmaltz longterm 

wasn't eaves on the redwings 4th line as well?cant expect to score in that situation .... Pens should go get Drew Miller and put him with Crosby and just enjoy the goals lol

Well if he ends up on the third line with Hossa and Kruger, we'll see what he can do with all that supposed talent that was supposedly repressed in Detroit like some are saying. If he can't do anything with them, then we know it wasn't just the coaching and "improper use". He's just a bust who Kenny ditched for a good return.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Exactly. Even Sheahan would have 20 goals by now if he played on a line with Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin.

Eaves wasn't doing much in Detroit, injured a lot. So he was shipped out. Sucks it was only for less than 30 games of Legwand (including playoffs) though. Oh well.

I very highly doubt Jurco is gonna start lighting it up in Chicago. He will be on the fourth line mostly, or a healthy scratch. No way he cracks these top two lines, probably not even the third:

Scmaltz Toews Panik

Panarin Anisimov Kane

Rasmussen Kruger Hossa

Hartman Kero Hinostroza

It wasn't too long ago that Panik was a waiver pick up.  Now he's on the top line of one of the league's premier teams.  I wouldn't guarantee that Jurco is restricted to only 4th line duties.