• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Tomas Jurco traded to Chicago for a 3rd rounder

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Guys (both pro and anti Jurco) Jurco is not a Red Wing anymore. He's gone.

For good. Just let it go lol. 

He'll be playing AGAINST us now as a rival. Doesn't give a s*** about us anymore. Moved on. Sayonara. Adios. 

Doesn't need our support or hate. Could care less about it. Has a new fanbase in the Blackhawks now. 

Which is why I'm gonna yell GO BACK TO YOUTUBE at my TV whenever he's on. Youtube? More like Booootube. I can keep going. 

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Whoa there, i said he was used improperlly probably because of off ice issues...

Tomas Jurco is in fact a youtube star, who can do fun tricks on camera, but doesnt seem to know how to even toe drag in real life. At least not at the NHL level. He doesnt even try. 

He absolutely does know how to toe drag, and we would have probably seen it a lot more in Detroit, if he wasn't told by his coach(es), to keep it simple, dump and chase, make the "safe play"... He had unbelievable mitts in junior and in the AHL... What do you think he just forgot how to play? Nope, he was told to not play his skill game and play a "heavy / grinding" game...

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Guys (both pro and anti Jurco) Jurco is not a Red Wing anymore. He's gone.

For good. Just let it go lol. 

He'll be playing AGAINST us now as a rival. Doesn't give a s*** about us anymore. Moved on. Sayonara. Adios. 

Doesn't need our support or hate. Could care less about it. 

Why does it matter if he's a Wing or not? We have a trade deadline thread and we have two threads dedicated to one trade that affects the Red Wings in no way. I don't give a s*** about the Bishop trade, so I don't partake in the conversation...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

He absolutely does know how to toe drag, and we would have probably seen it a lot more in Detroit, if he wasn't told by his coach(es), to keep it simple, dump and chase, make the "safe play"... He had unbelievable mitts in junior and in the AHL... What do you think he just forgot how to play? Nope, he was told to not play his skill game and play a "heavy / grinding" game...

Why does it matter if he's a Wing or not? We have a trade deadline thread and we have two threads dedicated to one trade that affects the Red Wings in no way. I don't give a s*** about the Bishop trade, so I don't partake in the conversation...

Gonna have to ask for a source on that one. I have a hard time believing any coach would tell a player NOT to out stick handle an opponent.

I dont think he forgot. I dont think hes good enough to pull it off at the NHL level. 

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gonna have to ask for a source on that one. I have a hard time believing any coach would tell a player NOT to out stick handle an opponent.

I dont think he forgot. I dont think hes good enough to pull it off at the NHL level. 

I'll admit to some speculation on my part there, but when he comes into the league and makes plays in his first year, then plays with grinders on the 4th line ever since, something happened... I highly doubt he was ever told " don't out stick handle opponents" (whatever that means...), but I do believe 100% he was told to "keep it simple", "be hard on the forcheck", "grind the play down low", or whatever else. Again, no source, but do you honestly think those types of things weren't stressed to our no skill 4th liners?...

Anyway, I'm done with this. We'll see how he does in Chicago.

30 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'll admit to some speculation on my part there, but when he comes into the league and makes plays in his first year, then plays with grinders on the 4th line ever since, something happened... I highly doubt he was ever told " don't out stick handle opponents" (whatever that means...), but I do believe 100% he was told to "keep it simple", "be hard on the forcheck", "grind the play down low", or whatever else. Again, no source, but do you honestly think those types of things weren't stressed to our no skill 4th liners?...

Anyway, I'm done with this. We'll see how he does in Chicago.

If he doesnt pan out, he'll always have that youtube career to fall back on :)

He is slightly badmouthing the team and the city it seems:

"There's so much stuff to do," Jurco said. "In Detroit, we were so bored, my girlfriend and I, we didn't know what to do. ... There wasn't much to do. Here there's so much stuff to do."

"The biggest difference is that here we're told to make plays instead of just making safe plays and chipping it in and playing safely," Jurco said. "Here you actually should create something if you want to stick in this lineup because there's so many creative players."

"I played that third-, fourth-line role so it's in me now," Jurco said. "I have that bad habit sometimes to play safe and chip it in. When I played juniors (and) in the AHL, I was a creative player, so it takes a little while for me."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-tomas-jurko-adjustments-blackhawks-spt-0312-20170311-story.html

15 minutes ago, kliq said:

Maybe Blashill benching him is slowly starting to make more sense.

Agreed. We don't see anything behind the scenes but you can tell a lot about someone's character through even with one or two interview statements. Very unprofessional of Jurco imo to bad talk the city that way.

Well with the healthy scratch him and his girlfriend probably had plenty of time to hang out in Chicago. :lol:

Edited by kickazz

What the Blackhawks fans are saying about Tomas Jurco on HFboards

"Jurco is horrible. I want hartman hino hossa. A line that clearly proved it could produce together. "

" Haven't been impressed with Jurco to this point. If the he needs 10 games to be eligible for the draft is correct I'd let him get that in. "

" Yeah Jurco has been pretty bleh. He's shown some decent flashes like when he set up Kero for a partial break last night but in between that is a whole lot of nothing."

"I have stated from game 2 Juro, or whatever his name is (Jurco), sucks. Period. End of story. I mean he can't play on a bad DET team, he isn't good at hockey. I would take Hino 11 out of 10 times ahead of him."

"Jurco has shown zilch. Hino at least brings something to the table. "

"Times running short for Jurco."

Edited by kickazz

"In Detroit, we were so bored, my girlfriend and I, we didn't know what to do. ... There wasn't much to do. Here there's so much stuff to do."

I spent 20+ years in Metro-Detroit, as I'm sure many of you have. There's plenty to do. This guy just plain hates Detroit.

I guess you can see Lake Michigan from Chicago, maybe that's good for him. I wouldn't get too used to it there though Tomas...  

49 minutes ago, brett said:

everyone just overhyped the f*** outta jurco. he was never anything special even when he played with datsyuk. 

STOP OVERHYPING THE PROSPECTS

Amen.  Overhyping prospects is this forum's favorite pastime.  We should have a team full of all stars by now from all the hoopla I've had to hear over the years about how good some of these prospects are.   

25 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Amen.  Overhyping prospects is this forum's favorite pastime.  We should have a team full of all stars by now from all the hoopla I've had to hear over the years about how good some of these prospects are.   

Oh I'm still convinced Kindl and Smith are going to save this defense.

Also still holding out that Hampus Melen and Mike McKee will be big contributors on this team. 

2 hours ago, brett said:

everyone just overhyped the f*** outta jurco. he was never anything special even when he played with datsyuk. 

STOP OVERHYPING THE PROSPECTS

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

These are good teaching moments for us. Pulkinnen, Kindl, Smith and Jurco. 

Edited by kickazz