• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Tomas Jurco traded to Chicago for a 3rd rounder

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I thought we were done at Emdog 

That was just by one guy tho (Bill Berzeench), the other 4 were raved by at least 5-6 members. 

Edited by kickazz

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jarnkrok and Janmark are still raved about...

I like that nobody cared about losing Eaves at the time, and now he looks like the biggest piece in that trade :lol:

I liked Eaves when he was here.  If he didn't run into injury problems he might have stuck around a bit longer.  He's always been a solid contributor for whichever team he plays.

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh I'm still convinced Kindl and Smith are going to save this defense.

Also still holding out that Hampus Melen and Mike McKee will be big contributors on this team. 

Hampus Melen is a god amongst men. 

Sadly, the melenmania was short lived. There was a report a year or 2 ago, that he had to miss a year due a health complication (think it was a heart problem?). He's playing in a lower Swedish league and the Wings haven't signed him to an entry-level deal, which I think they would usually have done by now if he had any future with the organization.   

3 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Sadly, the melenmania was short lived. There was a report a year or 2 ago, that he had to miss a year due a health complication (think it was a heart problem?). He's playing in a lower Swedish league and the Wings haven't signed him to an entry-level deal, which I think they would usually have done by now if he had any future with the organization.   

Yeah but his name is cool

On 3/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah but his name is cool

I definitely would have bought that jersey if he was on the team! And we could have had a fanclub called the melen-heads and worn cheese-head-like head gear. All the missed opportunities...  

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

On 3/13/2017 at 2:04 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

Amen.  Overhyping prospects is this forum's favorite pastime.  We should have a team full of all stars by now from all the hoopla I've had to hear over the years about how good some of these prospects are.   

But wait, Random_Poster found a youtube video that condensed all *Prospect*'s goals from pee-wee to college into a 3 minute score-fest! He'll be an all-star.. Sample size and condition doesn't matter b/c LGRW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Well I'm glad Jurco and his GF enjoy the many "things to do" in Chicago, because they have a lot more time to do that now. He's a healthy scratch after registering no points in 6 games playing next to Hossa.

For his sake, I hope they have plenty of "things to do" in Norway, where he'll be playing next season.

Phenomenal trade Ken 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We are doing so well.  All the prospect experts in here making snide comments about others who liked certain prospects and players that are gone now are sure geniuses.  We are really doing well.

:devil:

19 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We are doing so well.  All the prospect experts in here making snide comments about others who liked certain prospects and players that are gone now are sure geniuses.  We are really doing well.

I apologize for my comments about Emdog. Jurco should play on his wing in Switzerland, if he's not too busy making youtube vids or shopping for dresses on Michigan Ave

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Lol The Detroit News takes a shot at Jurco for calling Detroit "boring"

To some people, not scoring any goals might be considered “boring.”

To Tomas Jurco, the goal-less wonder traded from the Red Wings to the Chicago Blackhawks earlier this year, Detroit is “boring.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/03/17/seriously-ex-wing-tomas-jurco-calls-detroit-boring/99300468/

Edited by kickazz

If by "boring" he means the odds of him getting shot in Chicago are far greater than whichever Northern suburb he lived in here makes living there much more exciting, then he can have all the excitement he can handle! I'll take the boring life not filled with flying bullets! Shame on Chicago!

Detroit is better than Chicago financially, politically, weather wise, affordibility wise anyways. But Jurco is young so of course Chicago is an upgrade for touristy reasons; even though it's pretty much a ghostown at night. It's like the 2nd class version of New York. Jurco should phone Brenden Smith over in New York, I'm sure he'd rather be there. 

Edited by kickazz

Jurco was back in the line-up today against Toronto because Hossa is injured. He turned over the puck to Mathews leading to the first goal of the game (Chicago eventually won in OT).

Here's the awesome turn over by Jurco. 

edit- Links not working but you can find it on the NHL.com highlights. 

Edited by kickazz

On 3/13/2017 at 5:23 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jarnkrok and Janmark are still raved about...

I like that nobody cared about losing Eaves at the time, and now he looks like the biggest piece in that trade :lol:

I never liked losing Eaves. He had bad luck here with injuries and we used him poorly. 

On 3/18/2017 at 9:36 PM, F.Michael said:

And both Detroit, and Chicago wish they were as cool as us Cheeseheads here in Milwaukee.

:tomato:

I'm a regular visitor to Milwaukee, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers were coming there as early as the late 1600s to trade with the Native Americans. In fact, Milwaukee is an Indian name pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm a regular visitor to Milwaukee, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers were coming there as early as the late 1600s to trade with the Native Americans. In fact, Milwaukee is an Indian name pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

^^ Does this guy know how to party or what?

On 3/12/2017 at 7:51 PM, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

He is slightly badmouthing the team and the city it seems:

"There's so much stuff to do," Jurco said. "In Detroit, we were so bored, my girlfriend and I, we didn't know what to do. ... There wasn't much to do. Here there's so much stuff to do."

Hey Jurco did you have fun in Chicago for the 3 months? Was it less "boring" than Detroit?

Hope you're enjoying Rockford, Illinois . I heard it's a lot of fun there. :lol:

Karma sucks bro. 

Edited by kickazz