• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Tomas Jurco traded to Chicago for a 3rd rounder

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Remember when Larkin was "already elite," Ericsson was going to be the next Pronger minus the dirty stuff, Abdelkader was going to be a perennial 20 goal 45 point guy, Helm was the best 3rd line center in the NHL, Howard was going to win the Vezina, Mrazek was going to win multiple Vezinas, and Barret Jackman was better than Zetterberg their rookie years?

Good times.

Sad but the only opinion shared by me was Abdelkader and Helm in his prime days. You on the other hand thought Jurco would be good and blamed Blashill for not using him correctly. But he goes to Chicago and gets buried there too. So what's you opinion on Quenville? And this answers the question as to why I said "Lies" in the other thread. You have a tendency to blame the coacch and GM for things such as this particular player (Jurco, which the thread it about) because you happened to be a Jurco fanboy. When in reality Jurco was overhyped, and never actually good enough. You scapegoat Blash/Holland and pretend like you have good reasons for it. This thread is the epitome of why what you said in the other thread was bs. On top of that you come up with false narratives and when asked for a source throw a fit. 

Remember when Larkin was going to be used as a power forward? I mean he's center. I mean I don't know anymore. 

:hehe:

Edited by kickazz

On 10/25/2017 at 10:28 AM, amato said:

Yup, LC isn’t bad pizza (can pizza be bad? :P ) but most of its appeal is definitely in the price. 

Yes. Dominos is absolutely disgusting, it smells horrible and I won't ever eat it. Even if it was free, I'd rather just not eat. I put it at the same level as McD's, plastic food.

17 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

Yes. Dominos is absolutely disgusting, it smells horrible and I won't ever eat it. Even if it was free, I'd rather just not eat. I put it at the same level as McD's, plastic food.

Their new pan pizza is actually pretty good. Light years ahead of their standard IMO

Either Little Caesars and Domino's are extremely different here in Canada than in the States, or some folks grading of pizzas is way off...

When it comes to traditional North American style pizza, Little Caesars and Domino's are way up there on my list. Quite possibly 1 & 2...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Either Little Caesars and Domino's are extremely different here in Canada than in the States, or some folks grading of pizzas is way off...

When it comes to traditional North American style pizza, Little Caesars and Domino's are way up there on my list. Quite possibly 1 & 2...

It looks like we will be allies in the great pizza flame war of 2017

37 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Dominoes is good. Little Caesars isn't that good here. I mean you get what you pay for basically and Little Caesar's is cheap pizza. Dominoes is more expensive so it is more flavorful.

Then it's all about preference. But LC is definitely the least flavorful of the pizzas. Question is if you like that or not and if you dislike the Dominies style.

To me, Pizza is ******* pizza. Just eat that s*** when you're feeling fat.

Sometimes you just want a godam Little Caesar's pizza.

Sometimes you want the Dominoes flavor and crust toppings and go for that. 

Sometimes you want to be classic and go get some muther ******* Pizza Hut. 

Edited by kickazz

I've never had Little Caesars in Detroit other than at the Joe. I got it there every damn time though, and it was f***ing delicious. Granted, every time I had it, it was 2nd intermission, when I was around 6 beers deep... So who knows, maybe I was eating cardboard like so many have described it...

These chains definitely do vary in quality from state to state / province to province though. I had Domino's in Alberta, and it was bad. Love it here though. Little Caesars just opened here recently and it's f***ing amazing!!!

When I was living in Grand Rapids the Papa Johns there was bomb AF. The Papa Johns here in Seattle is like half the quality that that one was.

41 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yeah it definitely tastes different in different places. I've tried Dominoes in Europe and hated it. At the same time when I went to the U.A.E in the middle east the Pizza Hut tasted better than it did in the states. 

Did you get bacon on it?

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I've never had Little Caesars in Detroit other than at the Joe. I got it there every damn time though, and it was f***ing delicious. Granted, every time I had it, it was 2nd intermission, when I was around 6 beers deep... So who knows, maybe I was eating cardboard like so many have described it...

These chains definitely do vary in quality from state to state / province to province though. I had Domino's in Alberta, and it was bad. Love it here though. Little Caesars just opened here recently and it's f***ing amazing!!!

Not saying this to be smart, really don't know. Do they still call it Canadian bacon up there?

15 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Little Sleazers is basically cardboard covered in ketchup and cheap fake mozzarella.  I'd rather buy a frozen pizza.  

Best pizzas I've had, in no particular order, are M-57 Bistro in Greenville, Ucello's in GR, Luciano's in Ludington, and Vitale's, either the Leonard St (GR, the original spot) or Comstock Park locations, since it seems each family member has their own Vitale's and they can vary.

Dickie you seem to get around western Michigan. Have you tried Slabtown Burgers in TC? Had their cherry burger cuz "when in Rome"...Of course if I was really in Rome I would have had pizza at Little Caesar's cuz the name is purely italian right?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not saying this to be smart, really don't know. Do they still call it Canadian bacon up there?

Well "Canadian bacon" as some refer to it (I haven't heard many), is basically ham isn't it? I'm not sure, bacon is bacon and ham is ham to me... Technically bacon is pork belly and ham is pork loin...

42 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

When I was living in Grand Rapids the Papa Johns there was bomb AF. The Papa Johns here in Seattle is like half the quality that that one was.

Did you get bacon on it?

AHahaha they woulda kicked me out of the country if I asked for that. Not sure if they’ve becom more lenient for tourists now and pork

Edited by kickazz

15 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Can confirm, it’s definitely better after some beers haha. It’s our typical easy meal anytime all of my friends get together. 

Really though, in my experience, the quality of LC pizza depends on how fresh it is. Which I’m sure is the case with all pizza but because they’re “hot n ready” all the time, sometimes you get some that have been sitting in the heater rack thing for too long. At wings games, I’m sure they’re all pretty fresh just based on the amount of people buying them in a short amount of time. 

53 minutes ago, amato said:

Can confirm, it’s definitely better after some beers haha. It’s our typical easy meal anytime all of my friends get together. 

Really though, in my experience, the quality of LC pizza depends on how fresh it is. Which I’m sure is the case with all pizza but because they’re “hot n ready” all the time, sometimes you get some that have been sitting in the heater rack thing for too long. At wings games, I’m sure they’re all pretty fresh just based on the amount of people buying them in a short amount of time. 

Makes sense. I've only had the "Hot-N-Ready" once though, and again, I was drunk... We bought a bunch for my buddies bachelor party. Every time I've had it other than that time and at the Joe, I've ordered the "Half-N-Half Deep Dish", which is always a 10 minute wait, aka fresh. Great pizza though in my opinion.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Makes sense. I've only had the "Hot-N-Ready" once though, and again, I was drunk... We bought a bunch for my buddies bachelor party. Every time I've had it other than that time and at the Joe, I've ordered the "Half-N-Half Deep Dish", which is always a 10 minute wait, aka fresh. Great pizza though in my opinion.

oh yeah, i do like the deep dish much more. always a good choice imo. 

4 hours ago, amato said:

True. A fresh Hot n Ready is loads better than the one you get that's been in the heater for 30 minutes.

The LC Deep Dish pizza (that they have to make fresh) is pretty darn good too. But it's $4 more than the Hot n Ready (what am I made of money?)

We need to talk about LC's TV commercials. They're sense of humor is mad on point, and well ahead of other pizza establishments and most other businesses in general IMO. Who can forget timeless classics such as Small Town Pizza Lawyer, Deep Dish Combo Mambo, It's Already Been Done Kid, and the latest: #1 Dad. My sides explode with jovial laughter each time one of these hilarious commercials airs. 

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Dickie you seem to get around western Michigan. Have you tried Slabtown Burgers in TC? Had their cherry burger cuz "when in Rome"...Of course if I was really in Rome I would have had pizza at Little Caesar's cuz the name is purely italian right?

I live near GR and go to Ludington 2 or 3 times a year, so I know those places fairly well.  Haven't been to TC often though.  Not a fan of cherries, so I'd probably skip the cherry burger. 

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

True. A fresh Hot n Ready is loads better than the one you get that's been in the heater for 30 minutes.

The LC Deep Dish pizza (that they have to make fresh) is pretty darn good too. But it's $4 more than the Hot n Ready (what am I made of money?)

We need to talk about LC's TV commercials. They're sense of humor is mad on point, and well ahead of other pizza establishments and most other businesses in general IMO. Who can forget timeless classics such as Small Town Pizza Lawyer, Deep Dish Combo Mambo, It's Already Been Done Kid, and the latest: #1 Dad. My sides explode with jovial laughter each time one of these hilarious commercials airs. 

$4 more? damn... they did just raise each by a dollar around me not too long ago but that still leaves them at $6 and $8. although some stores still have original H&Rs for 5. Most stores also don't have a wait on deep dish around dinner time (between 4 and 7 i think).

4 minutes ago, amato said:

$4 more? damn... they did just raise each by a dollar around me not too long ago but that still leaves them at $6 and $8. although some stores still have original H&Rs for 5. Most stores also don't have a wait on deep dish around dinner time (between 4 and 7 i think).

Bad at math. $3. BUT STILL!