• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Bishop to Kings: MacKenzie & TSN

Rate this topic

No details on what the entire trade involved?

Also, why? Quick is back from injury, and Budaj has proved very capable in his absence and will be a solid backup going forward. What's the need for Bishop? Where does he even fit in? Unless there's another move in the works...

Good job by Yzerman to move Bishop. Must be a bit of a relief. The net is now all Vasilevsky's as the franchise wanted.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

No details on what the entire trade involved?

Also, why? Quick is back from injury, and Budaj has proved very capable in his absence and will be a solid backup going forward. What's the need for Bishop? Where does he even fit in? Unless there's another move in the works...

Good job by Yzerman to move Bishop. Must be a bit of a relief. The net is now all Vasilevsky's as the franchise wanted.

To be fair, Quick hasn't played in months. I guess they feel they can make a run, and want to have another proven goalie to get them there, as the schedule for most teams in this last stretch of the season is pretty brutal. 

What was Lombardi thinking? Quick will be back soon. Sure he might need a few games here and there but where is the need for Bishop? He will basically reduced to a backup role once Quick is healthy again and has his game back. Maybe LA knows something about Quick that doesn't make them comfortable going with Budaj.

Awesome job by Yzerman, clears capspace and gets something for a guy who would be gone anyways.

A high price to pay if that is the case. If they wanted to protect certrain players they could have just offered the pick to the LGK instead. My guess is that the don't trust their tandem Budaj/Quick. I can see why, but the way Budaj has played this season the price for them is way too high for my taste.

Edit: I take it back, it's just a seven round pick. It's still stone cold regarding Budaj qho is one of the main reasons the Kings are holding a playoff spot.

Edited by derblaueClaus

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kings didnt have to give up too much for Bish, and now they can expose Bish at the expansion, essentially protecting the rest of the team. 

Bish is UFA this summer. They got him as insurance. With Quick's style and coming back from a bad groin injury, they are making sure they have a goalie for a run. 

9 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

To be fair, Quick hasn't played in months. I guess they feel they can make a run, and want to have another proven goalie to get them there, as the schedule for most teams in this last stretch of the season is pretty brutal. 

I just saw Budaj, Erik Cernac and a 7th for Bishop.

So the Kings are going forward with Quick and Bishop. Looookin tough!

7 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

What was Lombardi thinking? Quick will be back soon. Sure he might need a few games here and there but where is the need for Bishop? He will basically reduced to a backup role once Quick is healthy again and has his game back. Maybe LA knows something about Quick that doesn't make them comfortable going with Budaj.

Awesome job by Yzerman, clears capspace and gets something for a guy who would be gone anyways.

Budaj is part of the Bishop deal. Quick played Saturday and looked good. He'll be fine.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They have 2 starters for a run now. Probably didnt want to lean on Budaj in a playoff situation. They can also now expose Bishop at the expansion, pretty much guaranteeing the rest of the team stays in tact. Kings got Bish for a very reasonble price too.

Can you expose a UFA in the expansion draft? Lol

Edited by chaps80

13 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I just saw Budaj, Erik Cernac and a 7th for Bishop.

So the Kings are going forward with Quick and Bishop. Looookin tough!

Budaj is part of the Bishop deal. Quick played Saturday and looked good. He'll be fine.

Can you expose a UFA in the expansion draft? Lol

Yes.

16 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Bish is UFA this summer. They got him as insurance. With Quick's style and coming back from a bad groin injury, they are making sure they have a goalie for a run. 

How does being a UFA this summer suddenly not make him fodder for Vegas? Pretty guaranteed now that Bish will be their King pick

Is Erik Cernak supposed to be really good? I know nothing about him, If not, seems like a pretty s***ty return for TB. For an elite goaltender they get back a 7th, a goalie who is set to be a UFA, and Cernak. Now if Cernak is a stud in the waiting, I take it back.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

How does being a UFA this summer suddenly not make him fodder for Vegas? Pretty guaranteed now that Bish will be their King pick

Why would Vegas draft a UFA? That doesn't make any sense. If Bish has any interest in Vegas, he can sign there July 1st. Vegas does not need to, and won't, waste a pick on a UFA. 

5 minutes ago, kliq said:

Got to feel bad for Budaj. The guy stood on his head all year, and now he's out of the playoff picture, nice reward for strong play. Hopefully he gets traded to a contender.

It was smart on behalf of the Kings, Budaj had literally zero value at the start of the season. We are likely doing the same with Vanek, going from being bought out and one wanting to sign him to being able to get us some kind of a return.

I see the Kings moving Quick before the deadline for a scoring forward, I don't see them wanting both in the long term. I'd take Quick for any of our 3 goalies and a Tatar or Nyquist.

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

It was smart on behalf of the Kings, Budaj had literally zero value at the start of the season. We are likely doing the same with Vanek, going from being bought out and one wanting to sign him to being able to get us some kind of a return.

I see the Kings moving Quick before the deadline for a scoring forward, I don't see them wanting both in the long term. I'd take Quick for any of our 3 goalies and a Tatar or Nyquist.

I don't disagree it was a smart move to trade Budaj, I just feel for him. I would trade Howard/Tatar or Mrazek/Tatar for Quick in a heartbeat.