• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Bishop to Kings: MacKenzie & TSN

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Why would Vegas draft a UFA? That doesn't make any sense. If Bish has any interest in Vegas, he can sign there July 1st. Vegas does not need to, and won't, waste a pick on a UFA. 

I think the way it works is they are able to negotiate with him first, and if they sign him (which they can do prior to July 1st) it counts as their pick.

The benefit would be you are guaranteed the player, opposed to if you wait until July 1st, then any other team can outbid you. I guess it all depends on how good the other players on said team are that you have to choose from.

Edited by kliq

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I think the way it works is they are able to negotiate with him first, and if they sign him (which they can do prior to July 1st) it counts as their pick.

The benefit would be you are guaranteed the player, opposed to if you wait until July 1st, then any other team can outbid you. I guess it all depends on how good the other players on said team are that you have to choose from.

But they can't expose a UFA...

Has to either be a player contracted for next season or RFA only. 

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yes.

This is not true.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

38 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

Edit: I take it back, it's just a seven round pick. It's still stone cold regarding Budaj qho is one of the main reasons the Kings are holding a playoff spot.

Per Craig Custance on Twitter:

Edited by e_prime

16 minutes ago, kliq said:

Is Erik Cernak supposed to be really good? I know nothing about him, If not, seems like a pretty s***ty return for TB. For an elite goaltender they get back a 7th, a goalie who is set to be a UFA, and Cernak. Now if Cernak is a stud in the waiting, I take it back.

My thoughts exactly.. Cernak is either good or that was the only team offering anything for bishop. Maybe both 

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

Yes that's right. Vegas can speak with 100% off UFA's and if they sign one prior to the expansion draft, that signing counts as their "pick" from the team the player came from.

Vegas has to submit their draft choices by June 20th. That's before the window to talk to UFAs begins. 

Just now, marcaractac said:

Vegas has to submit their draft choices by June 20th. That's before the window to talk to UFAs begins. 

Vegas has an early window http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/las-vegas-will-have-exclusive-48-hour-window-to-negotiate-with-unprotected-free-agents

"The expansion draft rules won’t allow for teams to leave free agents unprotected in order to scare Las Vegas away. The league’s newest club will get a 48-hour window to work out a deal with any free agents — restricted or unrestricted — before the expansion draft."

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yes.

Yeah I had to look it up. Kinda weird that you can use a player who will be a free agent to fulfill your exposure requirements. Especially since the draft is only a couple days before July 1. 

Not sure if I see Bishop claimed though. Why they would Vegas pick a UFA instead of a player under contract  since it's a toss up if they'll sign with them (unless they have commitment to sign from that UFA). The player could sign elsewhere and they just lost one of their picks. I'd think they'd just try to negotiate with him when he hits free agency.

Just now, chaps80 said:

Yeah I had to look it up. Kinda weird that you can use a player who will be a free agent to fulfill your exposure requirements. Especially since the draft is only a couple days before July 1. 

Not sure if I see Bishop claimed though. Why they would Vegas pick a UFA instead of a player under contract  since it's a toss up if they'll sign with them (unless they have commitment to sign from that UFA). The player could sign elsewhere and they just lost one of their picks. I'd think they'd just try to negotiate with him when he hits free agency.

I wrote about it in the other thread in more detail. Here is the rule:

The expansion draft rules won’t allow for teams to leave free agents unprotected in order to scare Las Vegas away. The league’s newest club will get a 48-hour window to work out a deal with any free agents — restricted or unrestricted — before the expansion draft.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

They can only expose an RFA. Vegas will have a window to try and work out a deal with Bishop before the expansion draft, which would count as LA's lost player if he signs. BUT LA cannot use Bishop as their exposed goalie. It's still gonna be Zatkoff.

13 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

This is not true.

Thanks for the clarificatio. That makes more sense that it would have to be a goalie under contract for the upcoming season.

So Bishop won't count as their one goalie exposure. They'd have to re-sign Zatkoff or another goalie and expose him too.

45 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I would take Bishop in Detroit over any of our goalies.  I'm also not sure why the Kings would want him?  

Damn was really hoping Stevie would deal to us Bishop and get rid of our garbage in net. Send Mrazek and someone else they're way. Bishop steals games night in and out! Quick and Bishop in LA, why!?

38 minutes ago, kliq said:

Got to feel bad for Budaj. The guy stood on his head all year, and now he's out of the playoff picture, nice reward for strong play. Hopefully he gets traded to a contender.

Yeah Budaj was the reason the Kings have the playoffs in the picture still by the time Quick was ready. After moving around the league and starting the season in the AHL i thought he was long done, but he came back and was rock solid and the Kings MVP.

Sucks he just got cast aside like that and traded to Tampa and out of the playoffs after that performance. He saved the Kings season and they ship him out at first opportunity. Pretty s***ty move, but it is a business I guess. 

The trade for Bishop is kind of just asking for conflict, but it was obv a hard trade to not make. Quick is the starter an has been for years. He may welcome Bishop, but he may also not like another star goalie in the dressing room ready to snag his job if given opportunity. Could end up like our own Hasek/Joseph debacle. We'll see I guess.

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I promise you, they are not worried about exposing Jeff Zatkoff lol

Course not. But he needs to re-sign first.

21 minutes ago, wingfan1991 said:

Damn was really hoping Stevie would deal to us Bishop and get rid of our garbage in net. Send Mrazek and someone else they're way. Bishop steals games night in and out! Quick and Bishop in LA, why!?

Funny how you say garbage in goal then bring up Bishop. Bishop was garbage until his first full season in Tampa. Why would you give up on our young goalies so fast when it took Bishop 5 seasons of moving from AHL to NHL and back and three teams to finally get going and lock down a starting job?

Plus, Bishop is a UFA. He's not good for anything but a rental to a playoff team right now.

6 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Funny how you say garbage in goal then bring up Bishop. Bishop was garbage until his first full season in Tampa. Why would you give up on our young goalies so fast when it took Bishop 5 seasons of moving from AHL to NHL and back and three teams to finally get going and lock down a starting job?

Plus, Bishop is a UFA. He's not good for anything but a rental to a playoff team right now.

He seems to own our ass in the playoffs.  

56 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah Budaj was the reason the Kings have the playoffs in the picture still by the time Quick was ready. After moving around the league and starting the season in the AHL i thought he was long done, but he came back and was rock solid and the Kings MVP.

Sucks he just got cast aside like that and traded to Tampa and out of the playoffs after that performance. He saved the Kings season and they ship him out at first opportunity. Pretty s***ty move, but it is a business I guess. 

The trade for Bishop is kind of just asking for conflict, but it was obv a hard trade to not make. Quick is the starter an has been for years. He may welcome Bishop, but he may also not like another star goalie in the dressing room ready to snag his job if given opportunity. Could end up like our own Hasek/Joseph debacle. We'll see I guess.

Course not. But he T to Tht-sign first.

They dont even have to re-sign Zatkoff. Just have to submit a qualifying offer to Campbell and their requirments are fuffilled. This is really a non issue.