• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Brendan Smith traded to Rangers for 2nd (2018) and 3rd (2017) Round Draft Picks

Rate this topic

Good riddance. 

Extremely overrated in Detroit since he was drafted which backfired and caused others to dislike him. That's what happens when players get overhyped. I remember some calling him the next Lidstrom.

Hope he does well in NYR this year so they re-sign him for the next 15 years and we can go back to developing some real D-men. Bring on Cholowski. 

Ha jk. 

Wait are we saying Holland is a genius now for one ok trade? I'm not hopping on this roller coaster. Big deal. He answered the phone and said yes. He still has too many failings to answer for. 

2 minutes ago, lwing said:

Wait are we saying Holland is a genius now for one ok trade? I'm not hopping on this roller coaster. Big deal. He answered the phone and said yes. He still has too many failings to answer for. 

Who said that exactly? 

We're acknowledging when he does something good. Just like we acknowledge when he does something bad. 

It's not complicated. 

4 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

Who said that exactly? 

We're acknowledging when he does something good. Just like we acknowledge when he does something bad. 

It's not complicated. 

Oh my god, relax. 

21 minutes ago, lwing said:

Relax

10 minutes ago, lwing said:

Oh my god, relax. 

Listen to this guy.

Oh. Nvm. 

I'm very relaxed. Comes from hard work and being in control of one's life. Went away to look at my retirement funds and investments. Market is a down a little today, but having a well thought out balanced portfolio keeps me cool every day. So, keep posting boys and I'll go back to my money. 

Just now, lwing said:

I'm very relaxed. Comes from hard work and being in control of one's life. Went away to look at my retirement funds and investments. Market is a down a little today, but having a well thought out balanced portfolio keeps me cool every day. So, keep posting boys and I'll go back to my money. 

Chill then Richie Rich

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

How is using a first round pick, spending 7 years developing him into a capable defenseman in his prime, and then trading him away for a 2nd and 3rd a "good job"?  The Wings are in a bad way right now.  They could have every 1st round pick next year, and it wouldnt matter.  I guess most people still haven't come to realize that our GM has no idea what he's doing.  Cleary, Miller, long term contract after long term contract.  You'd think everybody would realize that Holland is the biggest problem we have.  

Oh well, just sucks for us.  I'm sure Smith isn't shedding any tears.  Getting traded from the Red Wings must feel like breaking out of prison.

And you were hoping he would stay in that prison and get his contract extended. You meanie. 

Edited by kickazz

6 hours ago, Barrie said:

So far so good, Holland has got us a 2nd rounder and two 3rd rounders, for 2 guys that probably won't be on the team next year. I was reading Smith's agent turned down 3 years at $3.5 Million a year.

Turned down 3 years at $3.5 million per? What an idiot. Oh well, i'm glad he didn't take it. Lol

3 hours ago, lwing said:

I have always found in life, when a person has to always talk about how great they are, there is usually a reason, and it's generally not because they are great.

On 2/28/2017 at 9:11 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Never saw the movie. Was too busy working and being in control of my investments.

Not the movie, it was a comic for decades. Part of general cultural knowledge among those reasonably aware and educated. 

On 3/1/2017 at 0:19 AM, kliq said:

I have always found in life, when a person has to always talk about how great they are, there is usually a reason, and it's generally not because they are great.

You are so wise. I found that when someone wastes their life posting on a hockey forum, they generally have nothing much to show in other areas of life and rely instead on a meaningless online identity vs the one the identity have failed to establish in the real world. Greatness doesn't equal money, but money can represent someone who took on responsibilities, made decisions, set goals and worked toward achieving those goals. When you are a grown up who has done all this, maybe you will understand.