• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Brendan Smith traded to Rangers for 2nd (2018) and 3rd (2017) Round Draft Picks

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I post here because this woman, and 3 children I'm stuck with look at me like I'm from Mars when I discuss the Wings poor pp/pk at the dinner table.

I post here because my fiancé is a Leafs fan, dad is a Habs fan, brother-in-law is a Habs fan, all my close buddies are Leafs fans and one Canucks and Oilers fan... Not a single Wings fan... None of them give a s*** about the Red Wings. I love discussing Red Wings hockey, and this has been a great place to do that. Not because "I'm wasting my life posting", "have nothing to show in other areas of my life"... :rolleyes:

I'd bet anything that this lwing guy is a f***ing loser that lives in his parent's basement. No offense to anyone else that does, but at least you're not trying to impress the internet with all your success stories... :lol:

4 hours ago, lwing said:

Not the movie, it was a comic for decades. Part of general cultural knowledge among those reasonably aware and educated. 

4 hours ago, lwing said:

You are so wise. I found that when someone wastes their life posting on a hockey forum, they generally have nothing much to show in other areas of life and rely instead on a meaningless online identity vs the one the identity have failed to establish in the real world. Greatness doesn't equal money, but money can represent someone who took on responsibilities, made decisions, set goals and worked toward achieving those goals. When you are a grown up who has done all this, maybe you will understand.

A grown up, reasonably aware and educated person, would be smart enough not to walk into a room and talk down to all the people in it.

I think LGW would be collectively thrilled if you returned to managing your money.

7 hours ago, lwing said:

You are so wise. I found that when someone wastes their life posting on a hockey forum, they generally have nothing much to show in other areas of life and rely instead on a meaningless online identity vs the one the identity have failed to establish in the real world. Greatness doesn't equal money, but money can represent someone who took on responsibilities, made decisions, set goals and worked toward achieving those goals. When you are a grown up who has done all this, maybe you will understand.

Says the person going back and forth with "kids" on an internet hockey forum. Of all the posters involved in this discussion, you are the only one pushing how successful and great you are in "real life", which tells me in all likelihood, these qualities you claim to look down on most likely represent your thoughts when looking in a mirror. 

Listen sonny, am I going to sit here and brag about myself to push my point further? No, because whether or not it is true, it would be extremely lame.

When you grow up, you will understand this.

Edited by kliq

I love looking at the draft class of players we've traded that were drafted by us. We all know that drafts are a gamble, but the year we selected Smith in the 1st round at #27, the 43rd pick was Subban. 16 D were selected that year before Subban...

The year we traded down to choose Ferraro at #32,  #33 was Ryan O'Reilly.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I love looking at the draft class of players we've traded that were drafted by us. We all know that drafts are a gamble, but the year we selected Smith in the 1st round at #27, the 43rd pick was Subban. 16 D were selected that year before Subban...

The year we traded down to choose Ferraro at #32,  #33 was Ryan O'Reilly.

When it comes to D-men, it is so hard to accurately assess them at such a young age. Hopefully Holland drafts a ton of them, and we find our Subban. At Center that is very hard, on D it is very doable.

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I post here because my fiancé is a Leafs fan, dad is a Habs fan, brother-in-law is a Habs fan, all my close buddies are Leafs fans and one Canucks and Oilers fan... Not a single Wings fan... None of them give a s*** about the Red Wings. I love discussing Red Wings hockey, and this has been a great place to do that. Not because "I'm wasting my life posting", "have nothing to show in other areas of my life"... :rolleyes:

I'd bet anything that this lwing guy is a f***ing loser that lives in his parent's basement. No offense to anyone else that does, but at least you're not trying to impress the internet with all your success stories... :lol:

i'll discuss hockey with ya this summer when I'm in Bay Roberts :)

That's our Brendan.  ;)

...and I'm pretty sure that Smitty spent some time on the first pairing here in Detroit.  So, it's not a first.

Edited by e_prime

18 hours ago, kliq said:

Says the person going back and forth with "kids" on an internet hockey forum. Of all the posters involved in this discussion, you are the only one pushing how successful and great you are in "real life", which tells me in all likelihood, these qualities you claim to look down on most likely represent your thoughts when looking in a mirror. 

Listen sonny, am I going to sit here and brag about myself to push my point further? No, because whether or not it is true, it would be extremely lame.

When you grow up, you will understand this.

You keep saying this kliqqy boy and it is so blue collar stupid I can't stop laughing. You believe what you want to, but I have my investments right up here on the screen. Tell me what you know about asset allocation? Do you know who Bogel or Swensen are? What's an index fund? What's an expense ratio? What's the difference between a Roth IRA and a 401k? Extra credit 403b. Type what you want. I know and you know you can't answer these questions and it proves you are not taking care of things and are a financial loser.

Here’s the real story. I came here to post some frustration over these dinky little trades that are doing little to reverse the demise of the Red Wings. I made a post, then checked my investment funds and came back. Like the new girl meeting the gang of little junior high school mean girls, I was reprimanded for not following the rules of discourse for your little cliché. I realized how truly pathetic it is. To some of you, your list of “friends,” likes, and posts counts actually mean something to you. You actually measure this as some kind of accomplishment! Like it has some actual value, or worse, it gives you some kind of worth! 

I could care less what any of you say. Why? Because, I actually accomplish things in the real world and from that I have real capital I can spend, not web forum capital. You are one server crash away from losing your meaningless identity.

To the mean girls wannabes who don't quite fit in, I implore you, give up on your quest to impress these keyboard jockeys! Instead spend your computer time learning to code. There are no shortage of free courses that can help you develop job earning skills. Web development with html, javascript, css or learn how to work with data using SQL, Python or R. Try 30 minutes a day with Learn Python the Hard Way vs letsgowings for a few weeks and see what happens. While you rack up skills, you can come back here now and again and see how the more popular loser mean girls spent the same amount of time and effort racking up meaningless post counts and likes. Good luck. 

47 minutes ago, lwing said:

You keep saying this kliqqy boy and it is so blue collar stupid I can't stop laughing. You believe what you want to, but I have my investments right up here on the screen. Tell me what you know about asset allocation? Do you know who Bogel or Swensen are? What's an index fund? What's an expense ratio? What's the difference between a Roth IRA and a 401k? Extra credit 403b. Type what you want. I know and you know you can't answer these questions and it proves you are not taking care of things and are a financial loser.

Here’s the real story. I came here to post some frustration over these dinky little trades that are doing little to reverse the demise of the Red Wings. I made a post, then checked my investment funds and came back. Like the new girl meeting the gang of little junior high school mean girls, I was reprimanded for not following the rules of discourse for your little cliché. I realized how truly pathetic it is. To some of you, your list of “friends,” likes, and posts counts actually mean something to you. You actually measure this as some kind of accomplishment! Like it has some actual value, or worse, it gives you some kind of worth! 

I could care less what any of you say. Why? Because, I actually accomplish things in the real world and from that I have real capital I can spend, not web forum capital. You are one server crash away from losing your meaningless identity.

To the mean girls wannabes who don't quite fit in, I implore you, give up on your quest to impress these keyboard jockeys! Instead spend your computer time learning to code. There are no shortage of free courses that can help you develop job earning skills. Web development with html, javascript, css or learn how to work with data using SQL, Python or R. Try 30 minutes a day with Learn Python the Hard Way vs letsgowings for a few weeks and see what happens. While you rack up skills, you can come back here now and again and see how the more popular loser mean girls spent the same amount of time and effort racking up meaningless post counts and likes. Good luck. 

Oh the irony of that bolded statement. You are literally the only one here trying to "impress" anyone. Who the f*** goes on an hockey forum "bragging" about money and investments? LOL

Bogel?  He's playing in the German league now, right?

Swensen?  Up and coming Finnish prospect?

Really, you got me, bruh.  I have no idea who these guys are...

Maybe you should strike up a conversation in the Prospects Forum?

Edited by e_prime

Honestly, I'm sure a lot of us have their finances in good order.  Just because maybe you are in a different industry than others, doesn't make anyone any better than anyone else. On this forum, finances matter not, we are all Red Wings fans, we all have differing opinions and that is what make LGW.com the greatest Red Wings, who am I kidding, The Greatest HOCKEY forum on the entire world wide web.

I am glad that you have made sound investments and have all your money in superb order. But that doesn't make anyone better than anyone else.  That is what is wrong with the world today, particularly the USA, the "have's" make it a point to attempt to keep the "have-nots" under their shoe, when they should just build their little wall around their mansion and keep those thoughts to themselves. We are all human, we are all made the same way, we all bleed red. Just because some people make right turns and some make left and some may even do u-turns, when the time comes when our last breath is taken, it matters not how much wealth you have accumulated, it matters how wealthy you've lived your life. If wealth is all that makes you happy, then you are truly a poor person.

I for one am rich beyond belief with my family, friends, colleagues and yes, even the users on here that I have exchanged words with (good and bad) the last 14 years. It have made my life even more enjoyable. My favorite sport is hockey, my team The Red Wings, why wouldn't I want to have great conversations across the world with these fine folks? Why wouldn't I value that just as much, if not more than I value the all-mighty dollar? Look at how much love Steve received here after he passed away, something tells me LWING, that when the day comes you pass, and all you've accumulated is wealth, you'll have people fighting over what they can have, rather than reveling in the memories of how much you meant to them and this world. It's easy to have friends when your portfolio is fat and you have millions of dollars, but if you're poor, or make a good modest living and still manage to have a handful of good friends, that is what defines you as a human being. Because they are your friends for who you are, not what you are or what you can give them. I'm not saying don't strive to be rich with money or be the best at what you do, but you also need to be rich in love and a good, down to earth person. Making fun of someone because they may not know the difference between a 401k and a 403b is just you looking down the tip of your nose at them.  I make a great living, I've been employed at the same company for 22+ years, I get benefits, vacations, sick pay and enjoy what I do. I have a retirement fund AND a 401k, my wife has a 403b, do I know all the differences between them? No, not at all, I don't care and for someone to judge me or anyone else because of that just shows the type of "friends" you'll have in your lifetime, the type of person you are. If all you worry about is your bottom line and portfolio and treat people with less money or knowledge like they are below you, then you are in for a sad lonely life.  I've been married 21 years and have three wonderful son's between the ages of 9 and 18. I own two homes, all my vehicles are paid off, and my son's college is paid for,  I am by far not a millionaire, nor do I ever expect to be (come on lottery! :P ) but I can say, without hesitation, that I am rich beyond my means! I may not know all the wall street lingo like some, but when it come to life, I've hit the (everyone say it with me!) THE JUCK  ******* POTT!

Now God Damn it can we get back to hockey, f***!

3 hours ago, lwing said:

The only accomplishments that have any value are not the kind you can use to gloat or put others down.  That doesn't mean you can't  discuss the meaningless ones that excite you.  If you have an investment that does well for you, great, I'd love to hear about it.  If you score a hatrick in your beer league, great, love to hear about that too, they mean about the same.  Calling someone "blue collar stupid" bears more weight on your character than any amount of wealth you could acquire.

5 hours ago, lwing said:

Wow! This is truly the most pathetic post I have ever read lol. The funny thing is, I am not blue collar (I have said a million times on here I work for a business as a general manager) however I find it quite disgusting that you would use such an ignorant term as "blue collar stupid" as I am friends with plenty of blue collar individuals, and the assertion that they are all stupid is right up there with one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board. 

You can claim to be "laughing" right now, but all of us "idiots" can see right through you, your NEED to constantly talk about your investments is sad and I don't believe a single thing you are saying. If anything I feel bad for you that you that your perception is so off that you feel like you are being picked on, nobody is picking on you, you are being a jerk and putting everybody down, now you are trying to take on the role as the "victim" which is an insult to anyone who is actually picked on or bullied.

Here is my recommendation to you sonny, stop going on message boards to build yourself up to people you don't even know. If you are successful, its sad that you are seeking validation from us here on a hockey discussion board, if you are not successful, everything you are saying is so ironic that it is not even worth arguing with you anymore I dont believe this is true, but if this another account of Bills, damn you got me lol!

5 hours ago, lwing said:

Leo, is that you?  

Wolf-of-Wallstreet-585x370.jpg

13 minutes ago, kliq said:

Wow! This is truly the most pathetic post I have ever read lol. The funny thing is, I am not blue collar (I have said a million times on here I work for a business as a general manager) however I find it quite disgusting that you would use such an ignorant term as "blue collar stupid" as I am friends with plenty of blue collar individuals, and the assertion that they are all stupid is right up there with one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board. 

You can claim to be "laughing" right now, but all of us "idiots" can see right through you, your NEED to constantly talk about your investments is sad and I don't believe a single thing you are saying. If anything I feel bad for you that you that your perception is so off that you feel like you are being picked on, nobody is picking on you, you are being a jerk and putting everybody down, now you are trying to take on the role as the "victim" which is an insult to anyone who is actually picked on or bullied.

Here is my recommendation to you sonny, stop going on message boards to build yourself up to people you don't even know. If you are successful, its sad that you are seeking validation from us here on a hockey discussion board, if you are not successful, everything you are saying is so ironic that it is not even worth arguing with you anymore I dont believe this is true, but if this another account of Bills, damn you got me lol!

General manager, you say?    :g:

holland_ken_big.jpg

So you finally came out about who you are.    

Edited by GMRwings1983

8 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

holland_ken_big.jpg

So you finally came out about who you are.    

lol! I've admitted that I am a GM before, this is why I empathize with Holland some times. I know what it's like to be given a direction by the owner that you don't even necessarily agree with, but have to sell it to people. It sucks.