• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Brendan Smith traded to Rangers for 2nd (2018) and 3rd (2017) Round Draft Picks

Rate this topic

One of the only good moves Kenny has made in a long time. God it was nice to get rid of that dead weight and for a second and third round pick. I was just worried Kenny would pull a Kenny and re sign him in the off season because he could not get anyone else.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

On 9/12/2017 at 2:40 AM, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Lol holy crap, that guy is a master troll. I'm amazed anyone had even responded to him. I mean honestly, there isn't anyone so profoundly depressed that they need to seek validation through Internet forum bragging. Right?

You get the prize! I'm 22, have maybe $170 to my name and am having a riot in my little experiment on creating fake online personas and seeing everyone respond with such profound and knowing judgements. 

1 hour ago, lwing said:

You get the prize! I'm 22, have maybe $170 to my name and am having a riot in my little experiment on creating fake online personas and seeing everyone respond with such profound and knowing judgements. 

That wouldn't even be as sad as if what you're saying otherwise is true.

4 hours ago, lwing said:

Ah, so it was brilliant "experiment" all along.

On 3/3/2017 at 9:46 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I bet your broke as s*** lmao

And i was right the whole time

Your move Clever-Ruse-Man

Cmosffr.gif

Looks like the honey moon is over

Brendan Smith Has Rocky Start With NYR

The Rags finally woke up and smelled the poop in the bed by the sounds of it. Git em Brooksie

Smith was a healthy scratch for the fourth straight game

Smith’s turnover rate has been alarming. His lack of physical play has been unexpected

But the Blueshirts’ four-goal third period comeback to win the game they had trailed 4-2 at the end of two periods was achieved with Smith on the bench for the final 15:09 of a match in which he delivered a 24.2 percent Corsi night while paired with/dragging down partner Ryan McDonagh.

“He needs to be stronger in his puck battles. We believe he can play with an edge and play with bite. [He needs to be] a little bit quicker going back for pucks and making the right initial play.” - AV

Underrated move by Holland: Swapping out Smith for Daley. Daley is so much better and is costing us about 1 million less than Smith is costing the Rags.

@krsmith17 @Jonas Mahonas @Bill Berzeench Won't be happy to hear about this.

On 2/28/2017 at 9:23 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

How is using a first round pick, spending 7 years developing him into a capable defenseman in his prime, and then trading him away for a 2nd and 3rd a "good job"?  The Wings are in a bad way right now.  They could have every 1st round pick next year, and it wouldnt matter.  I guess most people still haven't come to realize that our GM has no idea what he's doing.  Cleary, Miller, long term contract after long term contract.  You'd think everybody would realize that Holland is the biggest problem we have.  

Oh well, just sucks for us.  I'm sure Smith isn't shedding any tears.  Getting traded from the Red Wings must feel like breaking out of prison.

His new prison is the locker room where he watches games as a healthy scratch.

On 3/2/2017 at 7:51 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Smith already playing alongside McDonough in NY.  1st pairing.  Great job, Kenny.  Way to trade a good defenseman for nothing.  Smh.

Great job Kenny indeed. I agree. 

First Jurco and now possibly Smith. Two major wins for us in trades. 

I actually feel bad for the guy. I was really hoping that a fresh start in a situation where he wasn't asked to play above his abilities would sort of reset his career. Really thought he "could" still be a compotent #4 with the right partner or at least a good #5. It's a shame IMO. :confused: 

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I actually feel bad for the guy. I was really hoping that a fresh start in a situation where he wasn't asked to play above his abilities would sort of reset his career. Really thought he "could" still be a compotent #4 with the right partner or at least a good #5. It's a shame IMO. :confused: 

The reality is, he just wasn't that good and was overhyped. He was always just a 5th/6th D-man but many including the Rangers thought he could do more. Seems like the only one who realized he sucked was Holland and Babcock. 

Guy is considered an "offensive defenseman" but consistently scored about the same or even less points than defensive defenseman. Hell I'm pretty sure even Ericsson scores more than Smith does. 

Edited by kickazz

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Na, hez literally always sucked. He played well with Lidstrom one time in 2000 whatever and fans stroked themselves for 5 years about it. Dude is garbage, and those who supported him are conveniently hiding now.

He was always a "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst" type with me. Liked the guy, really wanted him to succeed somewhere, but yeah, he was always low hanging fruit unfortunately, the D equivalent of Jurco (who I also wanted to succeed). I just don't like seeing any former Wing end up like that. Just wearing the Winged Wheel even once makes me want to root for you.

But in the end, I am not surprised, just disappointed.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

18 hours ago, kickazz said:

@krsmith17 Won't be happy to hear about this.

Why? Smith isn't a Wing anymore. I was a fan of him while he was here, since then, it's whatever to me. We won the trade. Great for us. Move on.

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Na, hez literally always sucked. He played well with Lidstrom one time in 2000 whatever and fans stroked themselves for 5 years about it. Dude is garbage, and those who supported him are conveniently hiding now.

No one is "hiding". There's just not much to say here. When Smith was traded I wished him luck and that was it. If he found a home in New York and put up a 30 point season, awesome. If he fizzled out and got demoted to Hartford, oh well. I was a fan of Smith the Red Wing. Smith the Ranger, I could care less about.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why? Smith isn't a Wing anymore. I was a fan of him while he was here, since then, it's whatever to me. We won the trade. Great for us. Move on.

Won’t be happy about him not being a top 4 like you two claimed for years. 

I remember people (like you) had outbursts about Smith not being in the lineup. Now that the Rangers have done the same, not a peep. Now it’s “well I don’t really care”. Grass is greener. Our coaches and management suck but when the other franchises do the same not a word of criticism towards Blackhawks (Jurco), Rangers (Smith). 

Edited by kickazz

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No one is "hiding". There's just not much to say here. When Smith was traded I wished him luck and that was it. If he found a home in New York and put up a 30 point season, awesome. If he fizzled out and got demoted to Hartford, oh well. I was a fan of Smith the Red Wing. Smith the Ranger, I could care less about.

This begs the question... is he a top 4 puck moving defenseman like you swore up and down he was?

34 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Won’t be happy about him not being a top 4 like you two claimed for years. 

I remember people (like you) had outbursts about Smith not being in the lineup. Now that the Rangers have done the same, not a peep. Now it’s “well I don’t really care”. Grass is greener. Our coaches and management suck but when the other franchises do the same not a word of criticism towards Blackhawks (Jurco), Rangers (Smith). 

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This begs the question... is he a top 4 puck moving defenseman like you swore up and down he was?

Why would I "make a peep" about players from another team? You also don't hear me talking about Kindl, or Vanek, or Sheahan, or Jarnkrok, or Janmark. It's "well I don't really care", because I truly don't. One thing I will say though, is that if Smith were putting up good numbers and proving that he were a legit top 4 defenseman like I said he was for years, I wouldn't be here saying "I told ya so" like you two love to do...