• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Brendan Smith traded to Rangers for 2nd (2018) and 3rd (2017) Round Draft Picks

Rate this topic

On 11/25/2017 at 11:25 PM, Buppy said:

Yeah, that was kind of the point...I was suggesting that the idea of our prospects being mishandled is unrealistic. Though I guess that depends on how you want to define it. 

Larkin 51.78
Nielsen 50.17
Helm 48.87
Mantha 40.43
Wilson 29.68
Glendening 25.66
Athanasiou 20.6
Tatar 16.31
Zetterberg 11.12
Abdelkader 7.97
Nyquist 5.66
Witkowski 3.96
Sheahan 3.91

Those are Frk's linemates this year 5v5. If you think he's being mismanaged, I'd suggest your standards are unrealistic. I'd say if you applied that same standard consistently throughout the league you'd find that "mismanagement" would be by far the most common treatment of prospects. Personally I think that would be ridiculous, so I would look for a standard that makes some more sense.

You're acting like it's a reasonable fear to think a good prospect is going to get stuck exclusively with s*** partners. It is not reasonable. Look at Smith...2nd most common partner was our best defenseman. Most common was another top 4, arguably 2nd best at times. Frk: good amount of time with good players, even some of our best. Any other player you want to look at is going to show similar results. So the answer to "why not pair the better ones with the kids?" is that they will be, just not likely all the time. It won't always be possible or in the best interest of the team.

Furthermore, a prospect isn't only learning/developing from their partner while on the ice. The whole team, and the coaches, and the trainers are all teachers, and class is still in session off the ice. So I would argue that it is completely logical to suggest that a prospect will develop the same even if they have to spend some of their icetime with weak linemates.

At the risk of making this too much about the analogy, what you're arguing is more like trying to blame your kids D average throughout high school on having a s***ty substitute history teacher for a month in 10th grade, ignoring all the good teachers he had and all the A students who took the same class.

Sorry if you find it insulting, but I have to say I think your opinion/concern is without merit.

No matter how much I disagree with someone, I at least respect people enough to give value to what they say. (Even if I think it's absurd) I am sorry that you can't give me the same courtesy. No more point in continuing a discussion. You can't reason with someone who thinks your entire ideology or belief system isn't just flawed, but irrelevant or without merit because they can't accept other viewpoints besides their own. It's not enough to disagree, its like that person isn't even worthy enough to have an opinion. I am sorry. I will make sure that I confer with you next time before I have an opinion so that I know its ok to have one.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No matter how much I disagree with someone, I at least respect people enough to give value to what they say. (Even if I think it's absurd) I am sorry that you can't give me the same courtesy. No more point in continuing a discussion. You can't reason with someone who thinks your entire ideology or belief system isn't just flawed, but irrelevant or without merit because they can't accept other viewpoints besides their own. It's not enough to disagree, its like that person isn't even worthy enough to have an opinion. I am sorry. I will make sure that I confer with you next time before I have an opinion so that I know its ok to have one.

Well gee whiz. Hope you didn't get any splinters climbing up that cross.

Here's the thing; some viewpoints/opinions ARE without merit. That's just reality. I have no problem accepting contrary opinions, only with the ones I think are baseless. If that's not readily apparent it's only because I'm not going to spend that much time arguing against something I think is reasonable. 

You made some points, I made some counter-points. If you want to address those points, I'm more than happy to discuss them further. But I'm afraid it will take more than hurt feelings to convince me of anything. So if you want to get mopey and call me a dick for saying you're wrong, don't expect a sympathy card. You can't fax glitter anyway.

On 3/4/2017 at 8:31 AM, lomekian said:

Bless your little cotton socks.  You prize material wealth and that is apparently going well for you. Have a biscuit. Any of us who try to pass judgement on others due to their ability to succeed in our priorities is, for want of a more nuanced phrase, an idiot. Me? I jacked in my managerial career a decade ago to do things I love that pay me very very badly. I suspect that I am in a worse financial situation that most posters on this board in absolute terms. I'm also by far the happiest I've been in my life, and look forward to every day. What I do that I love may be of no interest to anyone else on here.

It seems like you love playing investment markets, and the challenge of making your assets grow in an uncertain world. Cool. I used to love playing around with business and stock market simulations when I was younger, and continued sufficiently to have the various higher education paperwork to prove it. But ultimately I felt I couldn't connect with most people in those fields.

I know now that my brain workings and relationship with the world means that although I'm pretty good at all that kind of thing in the short term, long term it gives me no satisfaction. I turned down my white collar pathway, ignored the blue collar left turn, and now live a life outside both of those worlds. It turns out it suits me and my personality type. I'm not desperately successful at it, but, in all honesty, I'm basically getting paid to do things I would happily do for free.

But here's my primary point. This is a hockey forum. I'm not from a hockey country. we have no ice here! But I love hockey for the speed, the intensity, the emotion and the connection. The relationships between fans and players and the camaraderie between players from all types of backgrounds are fantastic. Whether it be the PK and Weber tributes or the enduring love for troubled souls like d-mac or Mickey Redmond and his ginger ales on the airwaves or all the college kids from educated families or the Jagr-esque Eastern European farm boys, more often than not Hockey is a family world that is increasingly embracing diversity and builds bonds over barriers. Whether its the 'If you can play' campaign, or the vast sums donated by players who come from comfort or come from nothing, it is primarily a game characterised by generosity, humility, understanding and class, particularly as it continues to develop and become more global. 

While perhaps provoked, your post is the opposite of so many of those values. This is a great community, built of a joint love of a great franchise and a great sport. Lets keep it that way. Right now this world needs to embrace the things that connect us and look beyond differences as much as possible. Its entirely possible that things like sport will by vital in stopping people creating wars for their own gain, as sport makes it harder for us to hate and judge those who are different, because it makes us connect with them. Hell look at the  Russians in Hockey. 30 years ago, they were hated and mistrusted in much of NA. Now every fan wishes they had a Vladdie, Sergei, Ovechkin or Bure or Dats on their team, an not just for their skills but for their character.

Also, technically, financial wealth in the investment markets are only ever a few hacks and technical and security breakdowns from being meaningless...;-)

To everyone here, this is not a joke. I want to offer a sincere apology. You are all here to have fun and I have acted like a total immature jerk. I would never act like this in person and I would be incredibly embarrassed if I ever did. I am embarrassed now and I apologize for being disrespectful, disruptive and wasting your time.

A few weeks ago, during my suspension here, we a family member had a serious accident. It made me think about what is important and how to treat people. A nasty troll posting an apology to a bunch of strangers on a hockey forum might seem ridiculous, but I wanted to do it.

I don’t know if I can have my account deleted, but I am going to enter in some password I can’t remember so I will essentially lock myself out. Not because I think I can’t control myself, but because even though the mods gave me another chance, I really don’t deserve it. Okay, another reason is I’m sure I could never regain any kind of reputation here, but I promise I won’t create another account and pretend to be someone else.

Please enjoy your forum and best of luck to all of you.

23 minutes ago, lwing said:

To everyone here, this is not a joke. I want to offer a sincere apology. You are all here to have fun and I have acted like a total immature jerk. I would never act like this in person and I would be incredibly embarrassed if I ever did. I am embarrassed now and I apologize for being disrespectful, disruptive and wasting your time.

A few weeks ago, during my suspension here, we a family member had a serious accident. It made me think about what is important and how to treat people. A nasty troll posting an apology to a bunch of strangers on a hockey forum might seem ridiculous, but I wanted to do it.

I don’t know if I can have my account deleted, but I am going to enter in some password I can’t remember so I will essentially lock myself out. Not because I think I can’t control myself, but because even though the mods gave me another chance, I really don’t deserve it. Okay, another reason is I’m sure I could never regain any kind of reputation here, but I promise I won’t create another account and pretend to be someone else.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I respect your apology and to be fair pretty much no argument is so one sided where one side is 100% wrong, and the other is 0% wrong. If I remember correctly all of this started because I made a comment about how hard it was to make employees happy and how some feel as if they always know better then their bosses and you interpreted it as me saying all employees were dumb, or something like that, doesn't really matter. My point is that all this snowballed from a simple miscommunication. 

As far as I go, if you want to continue posting on here I will treat you like any other poster as long as you don't take it to where you did again. Hey, if Bill came make a face turn, ANYONE can.

I'm sorry about the accident, I hope the person is now ok.

1 hour ago, lwing said:

I'm with Jonas Bahonas on this one. Your posts were gold. Straight fire. I looked forward to them. Any disrespect I showed you was just part of the dance.

Don't leave. Don't change. Hope your familybro is ok lwing.

8 hours ago, kickazz said:

Don't listen to the bastards @ChristopherReevesLegs and @Jonas Mahonas. God is giving you an opportunity to change so you should embrace it.  

lwing, true to his word, screwed up his account so he can never access it again, but has been reborn, by the lord, to be rwing! the exact opposite of what he was and to thank and bless all that replied.

11 hours ago, kliq said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I respect your apology and to be fair pretty much no argument is so one sided where one side is 100% wrong, and the other is 0% wrong. If I remember correctly all of this started because I made a comment about how hard it was to make employees happy and how some feel as if they always know better then their bosses and you interpreted it as me saying all employees were dumb, or something like that, doesn't really matter. My point is that all this snowballed from a simple miscommunication. 

As far as I go, if you want to continue posting on here I will treat you like any other poster as long as you don't take it to where you did again. Hey, if Bill came make a face turn, ANYONE can.

I'm sorry about the accident, I hope the person is now ok.

I am rwing, lwing reborn (see above). My son, you are blameless in all this. lwing was...

(Okay, I can't keep up the schtick. Seriously, dude, I was a total a$$. I accept my total douchebagness). Thank you for the kind thoughts. 

Edited by rwing

10 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If you ever change, I will be upset.  You made history here, dude.  Just keep the material where you dont get tossed.

I am rwing, lwing reborn (see above). 

No no, do not be upset! rwing will try to make new history without being a douchebag.

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm with Jonas Bahonas on this one. Your posts were gold. Straight fire. I looked forward to them. Any disrespect I showed you was just part of the dance.

Don't leave. Don't change. Hope your familybro is ok lwing.

I am rwing, lwing reborn (see above - lwing trashed his account with an email and pwsd he can't recover). 

lwing was a troll of satan. He had to be vanquished to endless torture and an eternity of watching Sidney Crosby highlight reels.

Again.. I can't keep up the schtick too much. Thanks for the note of hope. Really kind. I have to admit, nobody can dance with you. Certainly not lwing. You are the man. Brutal and sharp and I mean that as a compliment. Can you do stand up and take on hecklers? I always wanted to learn how to do that.  

11 minutes ago, rwing said:

I am rwing, lwing reborn (see above - lwing trashed his account with an email and pwsd he can't recover). 

lwing was a troll of satan. He had to be vanquished to endless torture and an eternity of watching Sidney Crosby highlight reels.

Again.. I can't keep up the schtick too much. Thanks for the note of hope. Really kind. I have to admit, nobody can dance with you. Certainly not lwing. You are the man. Brutal and sharp and I mean that as a compliment. Can you do stand up and take on hecklers? I always wanted to learn how to do that.  

Keep your pants on new guy

On 2/28/2017 at 10:10 AM, krsmith17 said:

Maybe Brendan isn't near as bad as you and others make him out to be...

I think he will be a good fit in New York.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:51 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Smith already playing alongside McDonough in NY.  1st pairing.  Great job, Kenny.  Way to trade a good defenseman for nothing.  Smh.

These posts did not age well