• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Ott traded to Montreal for 6th Round Pick (2018)

Rate this topic

Came in and expected exactly what I saw: people talking about his "heart" and "grit" as if it amounts to anything on the ice.

Wow. Steve Ott made that play and that play and that play that one game. Let's remember those small samples and forget about the 500 shifts where he got outshot 60-40.

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ha.  Wtf is a future consideration.  I considered giving you something, and then I just stopped thinking about that.  Sorry

I thought we were friends now?

Future Considerations has played for many teams from what I can tell. Maybe he's good? Seems to be in high demand

Is there actually any value in a sixth round pick?  I don't think they hide Zetterbergs and Datsyuks down there anymore...

I mean, as a UFA, there was no point in keeping him and get whatever you can, etc, but... I can't get excited about a sixth, and wouldn't be sad if he came back as the cheap role playing 4th liner he was... though I have no problem with kids getting a shot too.

28 minutes ago, BobL said:

Is there actually any value in a sixth round pick?  I don't think they hide Zetterbergs and Datsyuks down there anymore...

I mean, as a UFA, there was no point in keeping him and get whatever you can, etc, but... I can't get excited about a sixth, and wouldn't be sad if he came back as the cheap role playing 4th liner he was... though I have no problem with kids getting a shot too.

b-b-but DRAFT PICKS!!!! 

we traded nothing for nothing 

31 minutes ago, BobL said:

I don't think anyone is getting too excited about a 6th round pick. But a pick, no matter how late, is more valuable to the team going forward than another handful of games from Steve Ott... No, there aren't many steals in the late rounds, but there still are a few just about every year. Go back around 5 drafts (that's how long it takes these guys to develop) and you will see a few players drafted in the 5th-7th rounds that are decent to good NHLers today. And again, even a decent player 5 years from now is better than pointlessly holding onto an unrestricted free agent...

Connor Brown (6th round, 156 overall)

Linus Ullmark (6th round, 163 overall)

Josh Manson (6th round, 160 overall)

Jyrki jokipakka (7th round, 195 overall)

Ryan Dzingel (7th round, 204 overall)

Alexey Marchenko (7th round, 205 overall)

Ondrèj Palat (7th round, 208 overall)

Scott Wilson (7th round, 209 overall)

Jesper Fast (6th round, 157 overall)

Mark Stone (6th round, 178 overall)

Frederik Andersen (7th round, 187 overall)

Zach Trotman (7th round, 210 overall)

No studs, but I'd take every one of them over a few games of any player...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Connor Brown (6th round, 156 overall)

Linus Ullmark (6th round, 163 overall)

Josh Manson (6th round, 160 overall)

Jyrki jokipakka (7th round, 195 overall)

Ryan Dzingel (7th round, 204 overall)

Alexey Marchenko (7th round, 205 overall)

Ondrèj Palat (7th round, 208 overall)

Scott Wilson (7th round, 209 overall)

Jesper Fast (6th round, 157 overall)

Mark Stone (6th round, 178 overall)

Frederik Andersen (7th round, 187 overall)

Zach Trotman (7th round, 210 overall)

No studs, but I'd take every one of them over a few games of any player...

I'd say Palat is pretty good.

3 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

I'd say Palat is pretty good.

Yup, and Mark Stone is even better.

There are late round steals since 2012 as well, just waiting to get their chance to prove themselves. Hopefully some were drafted by the Wings...

I still think James De Haas could be a solid bottom 4 defenseman. Maybe Axel Holmstrom and / or Matthias Elfstrom develop into bottom 6 forwards. And that's just looking at the last two rounds...

20 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

sad to see him go heart and soul guy willing to provide physicality.

Good luck with the Habs

Yeah, sucks to lose Ott, but he was UFA and Holland wasn't going to resign him, nor is he needed going forward. Holland got a 6th for him, which is a lot better than keeping him around for the rest of the regulars and letting him go for nothing.

Good luck with the Habs for sure. He's getting up there and hasn't won a cup. This gives him a chance.