• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hardcoretom21

Comparing The Wings to other disappointments?

Rate this topic

Still struggling to find out why Nyquist and Tatar haven't been able to produce, let alone reach the 30 goals per season they looked like they could achieve...  Obviously lots of "reasons" have been evoked, more predominantly Blashill, but do you feel a slight consolation when you see some other teams struggling, when they shouldn't (on paper at least)? I'm talking about TB, St-Louis, and to a lesser degree Dallas and LA?

I think this just speaks to the parity of today's NHL. Sure you have your cream of the crop (ie. Chicago, Pittsburgh) but the rest of the league is pretty close in terms of skill level, and even if some aren't the rules make them close (ie. the loser point).

All it takes is a player or two, or on the flip side an injury or two to completely sky rocket or nose dive in the standings

Still struggling to find out why Nyquist and Tatar haven't been able to produce, let alone reach the 30 goals per season they looked like they could achieve...  Obviously lots of "reasons" have been evoked, more predominantly Blashill, but do you feel a slight consolation when you see some other teams struggling, when they shouldn't (on paper at least)? I'm talking about TB, St-Louis, and to a lesser degree Dallas and LA?

Hardly and the reason is simple: wheter people believe it or not, I'm a Red Wings fan so I mostly care about what they are doing. It doesn't satisfy or annoy me if other teams are struggling or not. Of course I want Stevie Y to do well in Tampa because he needs to be next in line for the GM job and I for sure will jump on their playoff bandwagon but I won't be emotionally attached.

I don't know why people are so hard on Tatar and Goose they are what they are solid top 6 wingers who's rookie seasons had some people expecting too much out of them.

LA has won 2 cups and their core (Carter, Quick, Kopitar and Doughty) is still in their prime and I really like their style but I don't care if they win it all again or not. The Stars are you usual Ruff coached roster great offense but defence be damned and aside from Benn, Seguin and Spezza the star potential is limited.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

I compare to that time when I wanted a puppy, but got a rock instead. That was disappointing... or when I thought I could afford a new truck, but settled for a used pinto...

Why you gotta talk bad about the pinto? It got you to the beer store didnt it?

50 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Good god came here and expected something new instead there is useless offtopic stuff going on.

The Smith trade helps both teams soon awesome trade

I apologize that the thread is not up to your high standards Frank. However, we're literally comparing the Wings to other disappointments exactly as the title suggests. Would you like to compare the Wings to this thread perhaps?  

I apologize that the thread is not up to your high standards Frank. However, we're literally comparing the Wings to other disappointments exactly as the title suggests. Would you like to compare the Wings to this thread perhaps?  

In terms of disappointment not sure but I think the Wii U or GTX 980 come to mind

19 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What is a GTX 980?

NVIDIA GPU

On 3/1/2017 at 9:55 AM, hardcoretom21 said:

I'm talking about TB, St-Louis, and to a lesser degree Dallas and LA?

Last time I checked all three are not in playoff spot. I wouldn't consider this as disappointment. If any of them make it and Wings not, that would be a disappointment.