• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Sproul Done for the Year

Rate this topic

Yeah, terrible luck / timing for Sproul. I was looking forward to seeing a lot more of him down the stretch. If there's any positive to take from this, maybe he becomes less appealing to take in the expansion draft... Hopefully he has a quick / full recovery, puts in a ton of work this summer, and steals a top 4 spot in October...

I've had 2 ACL tears. If they are considering surgery, it is a tear.

They are likely trying to assertain if the tear is at the surface, where it will self-heal and no surgery is required. One of my tears was a surface-tear and did just that, self-heal. The other one required surgery and a small piece was removed.

Both took about 6 months for full recovery.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Hicketts if we're looking for a player... McIlrath if we're looking for someone to sit in the pressbox...  :P

What if McIlrath is a late bloomer and he turns into the next Chris Pronger. You never know. Sorry, I'm still trying to make that deal look better in my head. But you never know, right? He is the highest drafted player on our current team (until next year), you know. 

1 hour ago, Hairy Lime said:

What if McIlrath is a late bloomer and he turns into the next Chris Pronger. You never know. Sorry, I'm still trying to make that deal look better in my head. But you never know, right? He is the highest drafted player on our current team (until next year), you know. 

He's 24, so yes there's still room for him to grow into a Scott Stevens type.

People around here were claiming Smith still had room to grow when he was 27. If that's the logic then New Dylan has like 3 more years before his window closes.

47 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's 24, so yes there's still room for him to grow into a Scott Stevens type.

People around here were claiming Smith still had room to grow when he was 27. If that's the logic then New Dylan has like 3 more years before his window closes.

I agree that there is still room for him to grow, at just 24 years old. I just don't think he will become anything more than a bottom pairing guy at best. The league is continuously getting faster, and I believe just like the "enforcer", the "stay at home" defenseman will soon be a thing of the past. There's just no room for guys that lack skating in this league.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that there is still room for him to grow, at just 24 years old. I just don't think he will become anything more than a bottom pairing guy at best. The league is continuously getting faster, and I believe just like the "enforcer", the "stay at home" defenseman will soon be a thing of the past. There's just no room for guys that lack skating in this league.

Zetterberg is slow

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Zetterberg is slow

So is Jagr. They're also elite in every other area of the game. Big difference in a guy trying to crack a lineup that lacks speed (among other things) and a guy that has been a dominant player in the league for 15-20 years...

26 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL Now we're getting somewhere. McIlrath is a less skilled version of Ericsson...

I think that's debatable. Both have little to no skill.

However Mcilrath more than uses his size and strength, whereas Ericsson hardly does. New Dylan also has a phenomenally better cap hit.