• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/07 GDT : Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs : 7:30 PM ET

Will Sheahan Score Tonight?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Blaming the refs? This team is heap of garbage most nights. Reffing won't change that. Our coach never has this team prepared.  We play good for stretches and then turn the puck over 5 times in 1 minute and the puck is in our net. 

I was not taking it on the refs....about this year... i know we suck...
Was recalling things that happened way before that should have been called wings way...
At the top of my head:
- many goals disallowed because Holmstrom was around.
- the dallas drake goal that was disallowed although cameras proving it did enter the net.
- that goal scored by the stars going in from under the net.
- that 2009 Stanley cup final vs Pittsburgh when malkin picked up on Z after game ends and did not get suspended although the new rule stated that he should have.
- that game 7 when the Pens scored 2 goals thanks to refs mistakes.... that high stick on samuelsson... and moreover that 20sec too many men on the ice....

I'm sure the list could be endless... by thought was about what happened all those years.
Under the blash years... we just deserve whats happening to us.... im ok with that.

Envoyé de mon SM-A310F en utilisant Tapatalk

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

Now do you know why he was auto put on Z's line after suspension? Chemistry. 

Chemistry? Wrong. Gus has 9 goals, 2 last night. If it were chemistry he'd be near 30. If he'd decided to show up all season, we wouldn't be in this predicament. Our power play would be .000000000002. Others as well.

Edited by LeftWinger

^ that happens to every team every year. Go to the other teams message boards. It not the league having it out for the Red Wings, its more like refs aren't living upto expectations, and imo should be replaced by technology such as video review. 

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Chemistry? Wrong. Get has 9 goals, 2 last night. If it were chemistry he'd be near 30. If he'd decided to show up all season, we wouldn't be in this predicament. Our power play would be .000000000002. Others as well.

What a terrible argument lol. 

39 minutes ago, kickazz said:

What a terrible argument lol. 

So he scores 2 goals in one game and it proves he has this undeniable chemistry with Z and also proves why he should and does have TOP 6 minutes for the season over someone else who deserves it? My point is, if he has all this chemistry he'd have more than 9 goals 1/5 of which came last night in one game. You slappies talk about me making him my new Franzen? He us your new Franzen, scores a goal, disappears for 20 games, scores 2 in one and he's great again, then he melts tge ice with his s*** stains for 15 more, then scores a goal and he's our future again. Sounds familiar to me. Get off his jock, his "playoff Franzen" will never return. He's junk, he's s***, he ******* sucks. playing him in the top 6 is one of the major reasons this team will miss the playoffs and destroy a streak that we held dearly. He is a major part of the reason Mr. I died having a team that is worse than when he bought it. Nyquist disgraced the Ilitches and Mr. I's legend. Nyquist shouldn't even see the ice in a Wings jersey ever again. I can't wait until he's traded or claimed by Vegas.

If it's such a terrible argument then tell us why he deserves top 6, let alone top 3? You just say, lol. I was saying that if he has such great chemistry with Z, he'd have a ton more goals than 9 and since he somehow deserves to be on the top power play, our pp would be tons better with all that chemistry. I think you're argument for why he gets an automatic top line is terrible. Lol that.

45 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

While not as heated as you are - I will agree that Nyquist, AND Tatar are nothing special.

Both of these guys need someone else to do all the work so they can look pretty.

Both get knocked off the puck easily, and more often than not when they shoot - it'll either hit the netminder in the chest, or miss the net completely.

If both were claimed/traded - I wouldn't shed a tear...A bonus would be if they took Sheahan, and Helm with them.

I get more heated because of people's foolish remarks. I simply said it's not chemistry or he'd have more goals and our pp would be better because of this chemistry.  And I get the remark I got. But I'm with you, just a bit more animated about it. 

IMO, when next season starts this team should be without Nyquist, Tatar, Helm, Ericsson and Howard. We'd be no worse than we are now, plus we'd have a ton of cap space and our kids will take over the team. Rebuild started. There is no chemistry right now. There is no retool, reload, no master plan to add a piece and be back in contention.  Despite what some think. 

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So he scores 2 goals in one game and it proves he has this undeniable chemistry with Z and also proves why he should and does have TOP 6 minutes for the season over someone else who deserves it? My point is, if he has all this chemistry he'd have more than 9 goals 1/5 of which came last night in one game. You slappies talk about me making him my new Franzen? He us your new Franzen, scores a goal, disappears for 20 games, scores 2 in one and he's great again, then he melts tge ice with his s*** stains for 15 more, then scores a goal and he's our future again. Sounds familiar to me. Get off his jock, his "playoff Franzen" will never return. He's junk, he's s***, he ******* sucks. playing him in the top 6 is one of the major reasons this team will miss the playoffs and destroy a streak that we held dearly. He is a major part of the reason Mr. I died having a team that is worse than when he bought it. Nyquist disgraced the Ilitches and Mr. I's legend. Nyquist shouldn't even see the ice in a Wings jersey ever again. I can't wait until he's traded or claimed by Vegas.

Lmao! Nyquist is 3rd in scoring on the entire team with less games played than the top 5 scorers (except Mantha) and you get ridiculous over the top HATER posts like these. For the record I've shat on Nyquist most of the season but unlike you I don't have hate and base my s*** on facts not "feelings". 

Let's see, your list of people who you like to blame your inner frustrations on:

Franzen

Helm

Holland

Nyquist

Ericsson

Swedish players 

Others I'm probably missing and other members know of. 

Almost everything in your post is discredited as ridiculous scapegoating and anger. 

Let us know when you're ready to discuss things maturely without throwing childish temper tantrums and swearing 20 times in a post. 

Edited by kickazz

28 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Lmao! Nyquist is 3rd in scoring on the entire team with less games played than the top 5 scorers (except Mantha) and you get ridiculous over the top HATER posts like these. For the record I've shat on Nyquist most of the season but unlike you I don't have hate and base my s*** on facts not "feelings". You're one of those people that likes to defer blame on others to feel better about things in life. It's your coping strategy which is sad.

Let's see, your list of people who you like to blame your inner frustrations on:

Franzen

Helm

Holland

Nyquist

Ericsson

Swedish players 

Others I'm probably missing and other members know of. 

With your track record of debating almost everything in your post is discredited as ridiculous scapegoating and anger. 

Let us know when you're ready to discuss things maturely without throwing childish temper tantrums and swearing 20 times in a post. 

Ok, ya, I blame Nyquist for my personal life. Damn him for giving me a great family, solid career, two houses, reliable cars and great retirement saved up. 

You started wirh a childhood response. I said if he truly had this chemistry you spoke of, he'd have more goals and our power play would be better. What was you're response? 

" great argument. Lol "

So I laid into how he sucks. And he does. Put it this way, the last two seasons has proven that he sucks more so than he has great chemistry with Z. But I guess 20 goals or so is well worth the  $10M he's been paid over the last 2 seasons. I said he's not the only one, but he is automatically placed top line and he hasn't earned anywhere near the right to be there. Again, with the top 6 minutes he's been handed all season, if he was so good and had so much chemistry,  he'd have near 30 goals and our pp would be garbage. Because he automatically gets #1 pp time as well.

Btw, I hope you're not a therapist,  because if that's your diagnosis of my perceived inner frustrations,  then you need to change careers.

Edited by LeftWinger

Nyquist is a 40-50 point, top 6 winger, playing in the best league in the world... and he "sucks"... F***ing blind hate at it's finest... He's paid fairly for his production on a team that has holes above him. It's not his fault he's forced into a role because the team lacks top 3 wingers. The only legit top 3 winger we have right now is Anthony Mantha. Nyquist in my opinion, is the best option we have available to go along with Zetterberg and Mantha. Ideally, Nyquist plays on the 2nd line, but as our team sits today, he should absolutely be on the top line.

Man does losing bring out the worst in fans. 

I couldn't put it any better krsmith17. The issue is if a player is not the next Datsyuk or Zetterberg, on this board they will become the new scapegoat. Countdown to when one if not all of Larkin, AA and Mantha end up going through the same thing.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

He's junk, he's s***, he ******* sucks. playing him in the top 6 is one of the major reasons this team will miss the playoffs and destroy a streak that we held dearly. He is a major part of the reason Mr. I died having a team that is worse than when he bought it. Nyquist disgraced the Ilitches and Mr. I's legend. Nyquist shouldn't even see the ice in a Wings jersey ever again. 

If this is not the definition of blind hate, I don't know what is. I said this to you before, and I'll say it again. If our entire team was killing it, but Nyquist was playing poorly, your argument of inconsistency would be more sound. However our entire team minus Zetterberg has been inconsistent all season. This is not a Nyquist issue, this is a team issue. 

I think what happens sometimes is fans like to put blame all on one person, then in their minds they can feel like "if we just got rid of that 1 player/coach/GM, we would be fixed". Nyquist is not THE reason for our struggles this year, he is a part of a larger problem.

Our problem is simple, we have a group of guys that are all second tier players which has been a result of making the playoffs for 25 years. Outside of Z, nobody else on this team is a legit top 3 guy, so what happens is everybody is playing above their head. On D, the same thing is happening. Insert on this team, a 1C, 1D and maybe another legit top 6 winger, and it completely changes everything. Just look at Toronto, add Matthews and Marner to that roster (plus one of the best coaches in the world) and all of a sudden JVR, Bozak, and Kadri are no longer scapegoats and look great. Our team has done the exact opposite, we lost one of the best coaches in the world, lost an elite talent (Datsyuk) and the other (Z) has regressed significantly (though I have to give him props this year).  

People like to blame all these longerm contracts on us losing, also BS. They are not good, and will hurt us down the road if we can't dump them when our kids are due for raises, or maybe next year in UFA, but in the here and now they are not the reason we are losing. Get rid of E, Howard, Abby, Helm etc. and bring up kids from the AHL and we are worse. We need elite talent, simple as that. Fingers crossed that we can land Patrick, trade for Trouba, or sign Jonathan Taveras next summer.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, ya, I blame Nyquist for my personal life. Damn him for giving me a great family, solid career, two houses, reliable cars and great retirement saved up. 

You started wirh a childhood response. I said if he truly had this chemistry you spoke of, he'd have more goals and our power play would be better. What was you're response? 

" great argument. Lol "

So I laid into how he sucks. And he does. Put it this way, the last two seasons has proven that he sucks more so than he has great chemistry with Z. But I guess 20 goals or so is well worth the  $10M he's been paid over the last 2 seasons. I said he's not the only one, but he is automatically placed top line and he hasn't earned anywhere near the right to be there. Again, with the top 6 minutes he's been handed all season, if he was so good and had so much chemistry,  he'd have near 30 goals and our pp would be garbage. Because he automatically gets #1 pp time as well.

Btw, I hope you're not a therapist,  because if that's your diagnosis of my perceived inner frustrations,  then you need to change careers.

Lol. So. Much. Anger.

Everything you laid out about Nyquist btw is either incorrect or over exaggerated or setting up to be a narrative of hate rather than objectivity. 

We get it, Nyquist is the newest member of irrational hate. 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

PSA:

Nyquist is the reason we missed the playoffs
The streak ended because Nyquist
Mr. Illitch died with a terrible team cause Nyquist
Nyquist is a disgrace to the Illitch family and tarnishes his reputation
Nyquist should never be allowed to wear a Wings jersey ever again

Wow. Did Nyquist murder your brother? Get a little too close to your sister?

Does bringing Mr I's passing into this bother anyone else as much as it does me? Completely uncalled for dude, settle down....

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

" great argument. Lol "

That's it? I thought everyone had 3 like me nowadays

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That's it? I thought everyone had 3 like me nowadays

Everyone on this forum lately seems to have a more impressive "portfolio" than me.  

That said, at least I've scored more often than Sheahan this year.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

Absolutely amazing what Z has done these last 20 games or so after all the injuries and last year looking like an old worn down version of himself. This guy is playing his best hockey while the streak is ending and the talent around him is depleted. He's being a captain by not packing it in and giving up imo. Mickey talked about preserving the winning culture last night and I think Z is doing his best to do just that. It's important for the young guys to see that effort even if us fans would like to see them get a better draft position.

I'd be pretty cool if he managed to hit the 70 point mark by the end of the season. Silver linings and all.

Edited by Number19

9 minutes ago, Number19 said:

Absolutely amazing what Z has done these last 20 games or so after all the injuries and last year looking like an old worn down version of himself. This guy is playing his best hockey while the streak is ending and the talent around him is depleted. He's being a captain by not packing it in and giving up imo. Mickey talked about preserving the winning culture last night and I think Z is doing his best to do just that. It's important for the young guys to see that effort even if us fans would like to see them get a better draft position.

People forget this. A winning culture is why some teams consistently flounder no matter what they do, while other teams seem to consistently find success with ease. We were the later, and I'd like to preserve that culture as best as possible throughout a rebuild. I do not want to become pre-McD Edmonton.

Z is a warrior. Like Datysuk, this team will take a giant leap backwards when he's gone.

You're right, it's hate, I can't deny it, but it's not blind hate. If you think he gets paid fairly to produced as he's done the last two seasons then that's you're blind love for everything Red. I said it, twice now, it's not just him, but defaulting him to top line minutes and PP is, indeed, a major reason we may miss the playoffs. My point was if he had such great chemistry with Z, then he should be scoring more. Simple. He doesn't deserve nor has he earned top line minutes when he's being outplayed by others. AA is destroying him when it comes to points per minutes and quality icetime. I'm just saying if we had a coach who would grow a set, he'd demote players not performing up to expectations and promote players that are. I've said 4 times now, it's not just him, but he seems to be the one defaulted top line minutes and PP. He hasn't been anywhere good enough to be there and he hasn't come anywhere near worth his contract.

it is hate, but hardly blind. Btw I haven't always felt this way, there was a time where I called him and Tatar the new euro-twins. Truth. But then he started playing like garbage. Maybe it's coaching, but it's definitely not because of lack of icetime or important icetime. 

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You're right, it's hate, I can't deny it, but it's not blind hate. If you think he gets paid fairly to produced as he's done the last two seasons then that's you're blind love for everything Red. I said it, twice now, it's not just him, but defaulting him to top line minutes and PP is, indeed, a major reason we may miss the playoffs. My point was if he had such great chemistry with Z, then he should be scoring more. Simple. He doesn't deserve nor has he earned top line minutes when he's being outplayed by others. AA is destroying him when it comes to points per minutes and quality icetime. I'm just saying if we had a coach who would grow a set, he'd demote players not performing up to expectations and promote players that are. I've said 4 times now, it's not just him, but he seems to be the one defaulted top line minutes and PP. He hasn't been anywhere good enough to be there and he hasn't come anywhere near worth his contract.

it is hate, but hardly blind. Btw I haven't always felt this way, there was a time where I called him and Tatar the new euro-twins. Truth. But then he started playing like garbage. Maybe it's coaching, but it's definitely not because of lack of icetime or important icetime. 

I think most of the people telling you to check yourself, would not care if Nyquist was traded. I wouldn't. Your arguing with yourself at this point. But by all means keep the crazy tirade going. I'm having a boring Wednesday anyway. 

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think most of the people telling you to check yourself, would not care if Nyquist was traded. I wouldn't. Your arguing with yourself at this point. But by all means keep the crazy tirade going. I'm having a boring Wednesday anyway. 

Someone said that he gets paid fairly. 

But, ya, there is no convincing others otherwise, nor me otherwise, so good idea. Dropped. 

53 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Everyone on this forum lately seems to have a more impressive "portfolio" than me.  

That said, at least I've scored more often than Sheahan this year.  

People seem to find a way to drop thier success with almost no provocation around here.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Someone said that he gets paid fairly. 

But, ya, there is no convincing others otherwise, nor me otherwise, so good idea. Dropped. 

He's a 40-50 pt per season guy, and he's paid like a 40-50 pt per season guy. Go look at his contract comparisons on Cap friendly. Of all the contracts to freak out about, you picked one of the few reasonable ones we have lol.

I'm sorry we don't have a top line winger to satiate your desires, but that is in no way Nyquist's fault.