• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/08 GDT : Detroit Red Wings vs Boston Bruins : 8:00 PM ET

Well, this is rock bottom gang. At least we're pretty certain to finish bottom three and get a lottery pick. We need it. I've thought all year even though he's brutal and clearly not an NHL coach that Kenny would give Blash another year, but we are a disaster.

Carey Price would have average numbers behind this group.

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

There's no reason either Ken Holland or Jeff Blashill should have a job after this game.  I wish Putin was the owner of this team.

I mean some of the reason this is rough is because we smartly traded Vanek, Smith, Ott, plus Jurco (though he wouldn't be playing)

And I like that Blash put our youth as the top 6 (plus Z): tat-Z-Ny, And AA, Larkin, Mantha. Let them make their mistakes and sink or swim (sinking seems to be the current state of things). The stakes are low and that's what you should do when you're out of playoff contention.

Bunch of rookies out there tonight: Russo, Jensen, XO, Coreau, Mantha, AA, 

Just got to get Miller out the line up too. Maybe let Kronwall rest.

5 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Sad part is at the start of the season I said I wanted to make a trip to Joe to see it for the first time. Now, they ain't worth a dollar and worth going to see it. Thanks blashill.

You should still go if you can.  

12 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Sad part is at the start of the season I said I wanted to make a trip to Joe to see it for the first time. Now, they ain't worth a dollar and worth going to see it. Thanks blashill.

Still worth it. These bums still have a good game or two left em in at home I'd say. Hell I saw them for the first time at the Joe back in October and they won both games same weekend :lol:

Frankie Vatrano?  Does Pierre think he's watching Goodfellas or something?  

3 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

Still worth it. These bums still have a good game or two left em in at home I'd say. Hell I saw them for the first time at the Joe back in October and they won both games same weekend :lol:

Same here.  I attended the Sharks game.  Likely their best game all season.

Traditionally when teams get to this point in the season where the playoffs are out of the picture, they tend to lose out. Very hard to motivate a player to put that extra bit into everything they do when it really doesnt matter, and if anything hurts them in the draft. 

Don't take this the wrong way, Im not saying they are not trying, I'm saying that as a whole (Z excluded) I dont think they are giving 100% effort.

I dont see why everyone is so mad and moody about the game, we are out of it. Its better we lose. If we start to win we dont make the playoffs, we get a worse pick, and Blashill likely stays. We lose out, we get a better pick and Blashill has a higher probability of being let go.

Edited by kliq

Just now, kliq said:

Traditionally when teams get to this point in the season where the playoffs are out of the picture, they tend lose out. Very hard to motivate a player to put that extra bit into everything they do when it really doesnt matter, and if anything hurts them in the draft. 

Don't take this the wrong way, Im not saying they are not trying, I'm saying that as a whole (Z excluded) I dont think they are giving 100% effort.

Which is exactly why Mcilrath should be playing this game.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I have no issues with that. At this point Kronwall should be asking to be a healthy scratch anyways. Why risk further damage for nothing

I would try Kronwall on the powerplay in the Holmstrom role.  He's so good at screening his own goalie, let's see how he screens the opposing goalie.  

OMG!  Kronwall just scored his first goal since 2009.

Edited by GMRwings1983