• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/08 GDT : Detroit Red Wings vs Boston Bruins : 8:00 PM ET

30 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Actually its rough because Holland mismanaged this franchise the last 5 years.

I think you misread what I was talking about. I said "some" and was talking about the effects of trading Vanek, Smith, Ott, and Jurco. It shouldn't be expected that we'll be as good without them (mostly the first 2). And now's the time when you give young guys more time to play and work out mistakes. 

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

SInce Kronwall cracked his goose egg, lets look at Sheahan's no goals (in 62 games) on the season company shall we?

- Jakub Kindl no goals in 28 games

- Brian Dumoulin no goals in 53 games

- Brendan Gaunce no goals in 56 games

- Josh Gorges no goals in 51 games

- Carl Gunnarson no goals in 43 games

- Jared Boll no goals in 42 games

- Luke Schenn no goals in 61 games

- Nikita Zadorov no goals in 56 games

- Marc Methot no goals in 59 games

- Brooks Orpik no goals in 62 games

Pretty elite company!

5 minutes ago, Y19 said:

Utterly embarassing. What a disgrace. Playoff streak is broken after two and a half decades and one sole player is breaking all the wrong records. 

facepalm.jpg

Edited by kickazz

I wish I could do the poop emoji on here 500 times.  This organization is so afraid to change the culture. Fire the bloody coach, he's terrible. This team is embarassingly unprepared most nights.....oh and our players aren't very good. 

Just now, kickazz said:

Utterly embarassing. What a disgrace. Playoff streak is broken after two and a half decades and one sole player is breaking all the wrong records. 

I probably put more importance on continuing the streak than most.  Even if they started a new streak next year, life expectancy calculators show that there's about a 29% chance that I'll be dead by the time they get back to where they are right now.  Every year they "rebuild" just goes to reduce the chance that I'll see another streak like this.

1 hour ago, Y19 said:

I probably put more importance on continuing the streak than most.  Even if they started a new streak next year, life expectancy calculators show that there's about a 29% chance that I'll be dead by the time they get back to where they are right now.  Every year they "rebuild" just goes to reduce the chance that I'll see another streak like this.

those are some advance stats right there 

We be ugly. Those scouts better get their s*** together and pull out some Datsyukian prospects.

Streak over also means Wings ideas are over. Front office, scouts, coaches should face some questions and if Chris doesn't like the answers be replaced.

Hoping to find another Z, Pasha is like buying a Bentley because one hopes to win the lottery. And that's exactly what this failed rebuild on the fly was. Now the Wings will face a long rebuild but not by design.

If I were Chris I'd clean house and get people with new ideas and passion into this organization no more promoting from within without even interviewing people outside the organization. Highest payroll in the NHL, no future studs and the most unwatchable Wings edition since decades, if that doesn't warrant tons of chances nothing will.

Should be an interesting off-season. Feel bad for Z he is giving whatever is left in his tank but doesn't get any help. I'd rather see him asking for a trade and win another cup somewhere else.

TLDR: streak over = time for a new way of doing things and review of everything

10 hours ago, Y19 said:

It would be funny if his only goal of the season is an empty netter in the final game.  

9 hours ago, Y19 said:

Better video of the Kronwall goal, if anyone still cares:

https://streamable.com/6l2ko

He's become so useless at shooting from the point, that we will watch this video for years.  

23 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

It would be funny if his only goal of the season is an empty netter in the final game. 

Last game of the season, Wings are up by one with seconds remaining, New Jersey pulls their goaltender, Sheahan goes in on a breakaway, sees the wide open net, gets tripped, shoots as he's falling, misses the net... He's given the goal without actually putting the puck in the net...

57.4 Awarded Goal - If, when the opposing goalkeeper has been removed from the ice, a player in control of the puck (or who could have obtained possession and control of the puck) in the neutral or attacking zone is tripped or otherwise fouled with no opposition between him and the opposing goal, thus preventing a reasonable scoring opportunity, the Referee shall immediately stop play and award a goal to the attacking team.