• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/08 GDT : Detroit Red Wings vs Boston Bruins : 8:00 PM ET

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Last game of the season, Wings are up by one with seconds remaining, New Jersey pulls their goaltender, Sheahan goes in on a breakaway, sees the wide open net, gets tripped, shoots as he's falling, misses the net... He's given the goal without actually putting the puck in the net...

57.4 Awarded Goal - If, when the opposing goalkeeper has been removed from the ice, a player in control of the puck (or who could have obtained possession and control of the puck) in the neutral or attacking zone is tripped or otherwise fouled with no opposition between him and the opposing goal, thus preventing a reasonable scoring opportunity, the Referee shall immediately stop play and award a goal to the attacking team.

And imagine even with that they somehow  give the goal to someome else like Tatar or somethimg because it touched his sick last between Sheahan being tripped and the whistle was blown. Like they give it to Sheahan first but then change it to Tatar's goal with Sheahan as the first assist. 

Edited by kickazz

23 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I finally watched the fight in detail.  USA should be ashamed as Wheeler can't land a punch on a punching bag.  .  

Gotten soft over the years. But now that we're being made great again we will stomp everyone in our path. 

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

All this talk about Sheahan not scoring, but didn't Kronwall just score his 1st of the year? Where's all the talk about him? 

Well Kronwall is playing on broken knees, Sheahan is in his "prime". I think most people give Kronwall a pass.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

All this talk about Sheahan not scoring, but didn't Kronwall just score his 1st of the year? Where's all the talk about him? 

He's been a good servant to this organization, but he needs to retire.  He scored 3 goals last year in 64 games and 1 goal this year in 41 games.  Time to hang up the skates.  

4 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He's been a good servant to this organization, but he needs to retire.  He scored 3 goals last year in 64 games and 1 goal this year in 41 games.  Time to hang up the skates.  

OMG and leave deke and green as #1 and 2? i dont know whats worse

Kronwall ceased being good when they took the "kronwalling" out of his bag of tricks. Mostly by trying to make him a #1 when he isn't and wasn't. I'm not sure the league came down on him, but it seems awful weird that the hits all of a sudden stopped...

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Kronwall ceased being good when they took the "kronwalling" out of his bag of tricks. Mostly by trying to make him a #1 when he isn't and wasn't. I'm not sure the league came down on him, but it seems awful weird that the hits all of a sudden stopped...

It stopped after he was suspended against TB in the playoffs 2 years ago.

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Kronwall is not a top pair quality defenseman anymore.  

oh im aware but deke is much further away from top pairing then kronwall i think. green is a little closer only because of his offensive capabilities 

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Is my sarcasm radar off here? lol. You just compared a forward who scored 17 goals last year to a guy who has 11% health left on his knees combined and also plays D.......well this he attempts to play D. 

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Or at least hang up the knees. 

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

You must not be watching Red Wings games with the way you've been talking lately. 

1 hour ago, kliq said:

It stopped after he was suspended against TB in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Kronwalling hasn't been taken out or stopped. He's just gotten older.  But he messed up Rielly Smith pretty bad this year. Got him all bloodied up with a huge hit. Not often do you see players get hit into bloodyness. Kronwall still is one of the best open ice hitters whenver he wants to be. He straight up said in an interview once that he doesn't do it as often because he's getting older. Add that to the suspension. See below

Edited by kickazz