• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/10 GDT : Chicago Blackhawks vs Detroit Red Wings : 7:30 PM ET

which former Red Wing will score first?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm on Blashill's side for scratching Mantha. He might not be an amazing coach but if he's using this as a teachable moment for Mantha's own good then I get it. Sometimes young players need it. And there is clearly behind the scenes issues. Maybe Mantha is being a dips*** to his coach and needs some disciplining. Maybe not. 

As for anyone wondering why Sheahan, Miller aren't scratched, who cares about them. They don't mean a thing to this organization. Mantha/Larkin are going to be the face of this organization they're important and so is their development. 

Edited by kickazz

29 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I'm on Blashill's side for scratching Mantha. He might not be an amazing coach but if he's using this as a teachable moment for Mantha's own good then I get it. Sometimes young players need it. And there is clearly behind the scenes issues. Maybe Mantha is being a dips*** to his coach and needs some disciplining. Maybe not. 

As for anyone wondering why Sheahan, Miller aren't scratched, who cares about them. They don't mean a thing to this organization. Mantha/Larkin are going to be the face of this organization they're important and so is their development. 

I pretty much agree with you on this but Sheahan and Miller are still a part of this team and therefore should be held accountable by their play. It does not look good to punish your good young players for making mistakes and learning when the vets on the team make the same mistakes, even worse mistakes and still get big minutes.

Just now, BinMucker94 said:

I pretty much agree with you on this but Sheahan and Miller are still a part of this team and therefore should be held accountable by their play. It does not look good to punish your good young players for making mistakes and learning when the vets on the team make the same mistakes, even worse mistakes and still get big minutes.

I agree , but I guess I'm at a point with Sheahan and Miller where I'm hoping neither are part of this team come next year so I'm basically shrugging it off as a fan for now. 

2 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

Exactly. How can you sit Mantha for poor play yet DK and Sheahan are in every night

5 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Exactly. How can you sit Mantha for poor play yet DK and Sheahan are in every night

I guess the reasoning is that DK and Sheahan are what they are, whereas Mantha has the potential to be an elite NHLer. So, "BE BETTER!" means more to a player like Mantha than it does to a player like Sheahan. I guess.

7 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Easier to do it to young kids on cheap RFA contracts too probably. (AA, Mantha)

Edited by kickazz

6 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I agree , but I guess I'm at a point with Sheahan and Miller where I'm hoping neither are part of this team come next year so I'm basically shrugging it off as a fan for now. 

Yea I don't know if the young guys have attitude problems or not but if I was treated like Mantha or AA being referred to as spare parts or randomly being scratched while being a top player on the team I'd be pretty upset. Especially watching dumps like Miller, Sheahan and the other scrubs receive consistent ice time.