• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

3/15 GDT: at Colorado Avalanche 3, Red Wings 1

The Avs are worse than us on paper... how will we be on the ice?  Turtle Soup anyone?  LGRW!!!!

Jimmy Howard-MM.jpg
The Red Wings' Jimmy Howard has appeared in one game since spraining his MCL Dec. 20 at Tampa Bay. (Mike Mulholland | MLive.com)
Ansar Khan | akhan1@mlive.com By Ansar Khan | akhan1@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on March 15, 2017 at 12:37 PM, updated March 15, 2017 at 2:44 PM

DENVER -- Jimmy Howard will try to win his second game in as many starts since returning from a knee injury when the Detroit Red Wings visit the Colorado Avalanche tonight at Pepsi Center (9:30, Fox Sports Detroit).

Howard made 24 saves in a 4-2 victory Friday over the Chicago Blackhawks, his first appearance since Dec. 20, when he suffered a sprained right MCL during the first period at Tampa Bay.Howard has a 1.96 goals-against average and .934 save percentage, numbers that would lead the NHL if he had enough appearances to qualify. He has played in 18 games.

Anthony Mantha will return to the lineup after being a healthy scratch the past two games. He'll start on a line with Frans Nielsen and Darren Helm.

The Avalanche (19-46-3, 41 points) have by far the worst record in the NHL. They are 19 points behind Arizona, which has the second-worst record.

The Red Wings (26-30-11, 63 points) are just one point ahead of New Jersey, which is last in the Eastern Conference.

Here are the Red Wings' anticipated lines:

Tomas Tatar-Henrik Zetterberrg-Gustav Nyquist

Anthony Mantha-Frans Nielsen-Darren Helm

Andreas Athanasiou- Dylan Larkin- Justin Abdelkader

Drew Miller- Riley Sheahan- Luke Glendening

On defense:

Danny DeKeyser-Nick Jensen

Niklas Kronwall-Mike Green

Xavier Ouellet-Robbie Russo

In goal:

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Petr Mrazek

7 minutes ago, amato said:

I hope the wings beat them tonight too; but I REALLY hope we can beat them out for Nolan Patrick.. taking the rivalry to a whole new level! :P  LGW!

Let's bury them 7-0 for old times' sake! 

I like that but I wouldn't be sad if they beat us 0-7!!!  We're going for broke!!!!

9 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

A little off topic but if you work in the the medical field and can pick your own scrubs, Kmart is selling Red Wings scubs!! :w00t:

A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly
And is also known as a buster
Always talkin' about what he wants
And just sits on his broke a**
So, no

lol, but seriously with all the MD's around here, Kmart should give LGWers a discount.

21 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I like that but I wouldn't be sad if they beat us 0-7!!!  We're going for broke!!!!

Yea yea but I'll never root for anything but opening up a good ol fashioned can of whoop ass against the likes of Colorado, Chicago, and Toronto :P 

And probably also Montreal haha

With a regulation loss tonight, we'd be bottom in the NHL in regulation wins. So, there's that. Also, Miller in for Callahan again? What the f*** is the justification for playing a guy who 29 other teams passed on over a younger guy who might provide some grit and chip in at the NHL level?

We'll never know unless he plays some games, we know what Miller is, an old boat anchor who provides nothing. We're a bottom five team and still playing vets instead of kids... I'll never understand it. At least Mantha is back in tonight I guess.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Just now, F.Michael said:

I like to think the Wings are icing the worst possible team, but not trying to be obvious about it ...

As weird as it sounds, I could actually respect a tank job right now. But we both know that this coach actually thinks this is his BEST lineup....

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

So...What's more likely to happen tonight...Sheahan scoring his 1st goal of the season, or Jimmy getting injured once again?

Isn't that kind of like asking "What are you more likely to see at the Kentucky Derby, a unicorn or a horse?"