• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/21 GDT : Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens : 7:30 PM ET

Best Tank in the World?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I think we should replace the Winged Wheel with the Winged Tank for the rest of the season.

So, I googled it to see if anyone else came up with this idea. No such luck, but apparently someone tried to build this thing:58d1e3cf81188_WingedTank.jpg.8d57027b38c470ff9a04f1ecc93b7ca3.jpg

I think maybe winged tanks just aren't meant to be, haha

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Pittsburgh has like a 0.0001% chance though. We have like a 10% chance.

The worse the team, the higher the chance at higher pick. But ideally the reason we want to keep losing is not necessarily for the 1st pick but to get something between pick 1-5. 

I was referring to the collusion between Bettman and Pittsburgh. As in if Pittsburgh were in our shoes this season...

45 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

So, I googled it to see if anyone else came up with this idea. No such luck, but apparently someone tried to build this thing:58d1e3cf81188_WingedTank.jpg.8d57027b38c470ff9a04f1ecc93b7ca3.jpg

I think maybe winged tanks just aren't meant to be, haha

We'll attach frggin wings to friggin tanks driven by friggin sharks with friggin laser beams attached to their friggin heads

post-23619-0-27047000-1450757154_thumb.jpg

Edited by NerveDamage

28 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I don't think a lot of people realize that if we win games now, we won't be winning much for the next few years guaranteed (which is even more depressing). At least with the high pick there's a higher chance of turning things around in a couple years (2-3 years maybe?). 

Remember it's not just the 1st round we get a high pick for it's also the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc rounds. 

New Jersey won tonight, and Arizona, and Vancouver is leading with five minutes to go. I'll take a beatiful Mantha goal and beating the piece of s*** Canadiens tonight. But certainly we can start losing for the rest of the year now, it's time.

11 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

The "D" isn't very good... in this draft

I knew, from all the talk around here, that this draft wasn't that strong overall, hopefully we can get a good pick that can develop into a good player, I mean, is the Red Wings development system working well? and just needs to get a chance to choose higher up on the draft

4 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

New Jersey won tonight, and Arizona, and Vancouver is leading with five minutes to go. I'll take a beatiful Mantha goal and beating the piece of s*** Canadiens tonight. But certainly we can start losing for the rest of the year now, it's time.

I'd rather have them lose every road game and win at the Joe

Edited by NerveDamage

Defenseman or not we still want high pick because that's still currency for us. 

Crazy scenario but we could draft Viliardi and trade him for a #1 Defenseman for instance without risking losing a Mantha, AA etc. Or you can draft Viliardi and trade Larkin for Trouba. Now not only do you have a possible 1D but also a possible future 1C. 

But if we keep winning games and have the #10 or worse pick. We're back to square one for next year and another painful 82 games and no progress.

Whoever the 10th pick is, is probably going to be an AHL player for a while.

Edited by kickazz

52 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Crazy scenario but we could draft Viliardi and trade him for a #1 Defenseman for instance without risking losing a Mantha, AA etc. Or you can draft Viliardi and trade Larkin for Trouba. Now not only do you have a possible 1D but also a possible future 1C. 

But if we keep winning games and have the #10 or worse pick. We're back to square one for next year and another painful 82 games and no progress.

yea its almost like they are too embrassed to tank but in some cases you do whats best for the future especially during a weak draft

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

If we're trading for a defensemen, we would trade the pick, not draft Vilardi and immediately trade him. In saying that, I'd much rather keep Vilardi and trade one of Larkin or Athanasiou in that scenario. But imagine if we could somehow pull off a trade including one of Tatar / Nyquist to land that top pair defenseman...

Imagine a top 6 of...

Athanasiou - Vilardi - Mantha

Svechnikov - Larkin - Tatar / Nyquist

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

Pittsburgh has like a 0.0001% chance though. We have like a 10% chance.

The worse the team, the higher the chance at higher pick. But ideally the reason we want to keep losing is not necessarily for the 1st pick but to get something between pick 1-5. 

Pittsburgh actually have zero percent chance to get a top 15 pick. It's only the 14 teams that miss the playoffs, plus Vegas, that are involved in the draft lottery and have an opportunity to draft in the top 15. The remaining teams that make the playoffs draft in reverse order as they always have.

I think BringBack was referring to do if Pittsburgh were in our shoes right now.  That the person who has never laced up skates and is very short (being politically correct) would figure out how to rig the system. Therefore insuring his favorite team got the 1st pick. 

9 hours ago, sjr2012 said:

yea its almost like they are too embrassed to tank but in some cases you do whats best for the future especially during a weak draft

Yes, that's the problem with stupid "pride", it sometimes prevents you from taking a dive in the 5th even though you know the mob is going to break your hands if you don't. And another problem with this team is I don't think they're nearly as bad as their record indicates, and certainly not top-5 pick bad, so that, combined with this whole pride thing, makes tanking not so easy if you're not committed to it. I think Blashill should start pulling the goalie in the 1st, but don't put a 4th forward on the ice. Call it, "a teaching scenario". I'd suggest forcing Ericsson to play 1st pairing injured, but we don't want to make it too obvious.  

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I think BringBack was referring to do if Pittsburgh were in our shoes right now.  That the person who has never laced up skates and is very short (being politically correct) would figure out how to rig the system. Therefore insuring his favorite team got the 1st pick. 

This

as long as we end up in the bot 5 it should all be fine, just fine. It's gonna be hilarious if they end the season with a winning streak, against, mostly, cup contenders (TBL,TOR,MTL, MIN, OTT) pretty much all of our upcoming opponents, except Carolina.

14 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

as long as we end up in the bot 5 it should all be fine, just fine. It's gonna be hilarious if they end the season with a winning streak, against, mostly, cup contenders (TBL,TOR,MTL, MIN, OTT) pretty much all of our upcoming opponents, except Carolina.

Sounds like Toronto Maple Leafs between 2005 - 2010.Bottom standing team that would rally in the last 10 games and miss out on a high pick and continue to suck every year. Until they finally got that Marner, Rielly and Mathews picks in 2012, 2015 and 2016. Same guys that are taking the team to the playoffs this year (possibly, I think they're 8th in the standings right now).

Babcock finally came in and showed them how to tank correctly :lol:

Edited by kickazz

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Sounds like Toronto Maple Leafs between 2005 - 2010.Bottom standing team that would rally in the last 10 games and miss out on a high pick and continue to suck every year. Until they finally got that Marner, Rielly and Mathews picks in 2012, 2015 and 2016. Same guys that are taking the team to the playoffs this year (possibly, I think they're 8th in the standings right now).

Babcock finally came in and showed them how to tank correctly :lol:

perhaps Sheahan will start scoring and we'll be out of a wild card spot by just a few points, streak will end and won't get to pick that high up on the draft.

7761072110b2439693fc542ad02017c2.gif

Edited by NerveDamage