• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Former Wings

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Boston didn't give him a qualifying offer as an RFA and he signed with the Blues.  Sent to the minors and hurt his ACL in December and missed the rest of the year.  Another guy that people were upset about losing "for nothing" because they thought he had trade value when he didn't.

One dude on redwingcenter lost his mind about it.  Said Ferraro was going to be a 20 goal a year guy in the NHL and the Wings were stupid.

Whats redwingcenter?

23 minutes ago, sputman said:

Really? Is that like cockney rhyming slang?

John Buccigross gave it to him because he always ordered chicken parmesean.  

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Is it as dead as this place has been? 

At times.  Pretty small group of the hard core from the old RWC.  Pretty light moderation there.  No need to Hodoring replace cusses with Hodor or anything.  Plus we have places to talk about non sports related stuff.

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

John Buccigross gave it to him because he always ordered chicken parmesean.  

At times.  Pretty small group of the hard core from the old RWC.  Pretty light moderation there.  No need to Hodoring replace cusses with Hodor or anything.  Plus we have places to talk about non sports related stuff.

We got the water cooler

On 2017-03-23 at 5:56 PM, gcom007 said:

Can't say it enough, hated losing Eaves. Heart and soul player with skill. If not for the goofy injuries, I think heblikey would've developed more of a role here. 

Yeah, he was good for 20 points a season playing around 65 games until his concussion. Then we needed Legwand so he and Jarnkrok were shipped to Nashville. Since he signed in Dallas he's done well. He has 55 points with Dallas and Anaheim this season including playoffs. Helps playing alongside guys like Benn, Seguin, and Getzlaf though. He'd never hit that total in Detroit.

If Anaheim wins the Edmonton series, the pick Dallas gets for Eaves gets bumped to a first. Not bad Nill. 

On 2017-03-30 at 5:56 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jurco finally got his first goal/point with Chicago.

Jurco sucks. Supposedly "held back" here, but did nothing in Chicago either. Mot surprised if he's out of the league for good soon. Thanks for the third rounder Hawks!

11 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Jurco sucks. Supposedly "held back" here, but did nothing in Chicago either. Mot surprised if he's out of the league for good soon. Thanks for the third rounder Hawks!

Ya things are not looking good for him, he really couldnt be in a better situation right now.

Did this last year, might as well again...

Jordan Sambrook - 2016 5th round pick. To seemingly everyone's surprise (including my own) he went unsigned and re-entered the draft in 2018. He went un-drafted this time around.

Mattias Janmark - 34 points and 19 goals this past season with Dallas. Played 2nd line duties. IMO he will probably end up a solid 3rd line point getter in the NHL. Currently RFA.

Tomas Jurco - 10 points in under 30 games played for Chicago this past season. Hawks did not submit a qualifying offer and he's now a UFA. Probably done in the NHL. I bet Detroit doesn't seem so boring now...

Xavier Ouellet - Asked for a trade to get a fresh start elsewhere. Bought out. Signed a two-way deal with Montreal (shocked). Even with the buyout money, he'll be making less this year than he would have had he stayed with Detroit for another season. Wonder if he regrets that...

Ryan Sproul - 5 points and minus 6 for NYR in 16 games this past season. Rags did not submit a qualifying offer and he is now a UFA. Probably finished at the NHL level. Matt Puempel (who we got for him) was qualified by Detroit and is currently our RFA waiting on a deal.

Brendan Smith - Really rough start this past season. Entered Rags camp fat and out of shape. Was waived to their AHL affiliate and went unclaimed. He rejoined the team later in the season. Played the bottom pair and ended the season with 8 points in 44 games. I was a bit surprised that NYR did not buy him out before FA... but it looks like they will not need the cap space as they are rebuilding now. No point in adding a long buyout to the books.

Kyle ******* Quincey - Played 18 games for Minny this past season. In all likely hood done at the NHL level. Current UFA.

Teemu Pulkkinen - Played zero NHL games this past season, but (per usual) had another great year in the AHL. Vegas has qualified him and he's currently their unsigned RFA. IMO he'll probably never make an impact at the NHL level.

Tomas Nosek - Played his first full season in Vegas on their 4th line and PK. Seemed to fit right into their system as a reliable defensive forward. Scored 15 pts. He is currently an unsigned RFA for Vegas.

Calle Jarnkrok - 35 points in 68 games for Nashville this year playing 2nd and 3rd line minutes.

Mitch Callahan - No NHL games played. 9 points in 45 games played in the AHL this year. A dramatic drop off from his time as a Griffin. He had an alcohol abuse problem in Grand Rapids... looks like the move to the Oilers didn't sober him up at all. Probably no hockey future in North America.

Petr Mrazek - After a rough go with the Wings this year, more ups and downs in Philly, he goes unqualified by the Flyers, and then signs with the Canes. From a $4 million goalie in Detroit, to a $1.5 million goalie in Carolina. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Riley Sheahan - Played 3rd line center for the Pens, notching 32 points. Was just re-signed for similar money that we gave him, about $2 million per.

Tomas Tatar - Since being traded to Vegas has scored very little and is often a healthy scratch. He's still has term on his contract, but his future looks somewhat uncertain. Probably needs time to adjust to Vegas's polar opposite play style/system.

Val Filppula - 33 points in 81 games for the Flyers last season playing on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Signs for $2 million and change with the Islanders.

Jiri Hudler - ?? where has he gone ??

Alexey Marchenko - KHL

Drew Miller - Sweden

Pavel Datsyuk - KHL

Joakim Andersson - Sweden

Jakub Kindl - Czech

Andrej Nestrasil - KHL

Jonas Gustavsson - Sweden

If I forgot anyone lemme know where deh at yo

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jordan Sambrook - 2016 5th round pick. To seemingly everyone's surprise (including my own) he went unsigned and re-entered the draft in 2018. He went un-drafted this time around.

Mattias Janmark - 34 points and 19 goals this past season with Dallas. Played 2nd line duties. IMO he will probably end up a solid 3rd line point getter in the NHL. Currently RFA.

Tomas Jurco - 10 points in under 30 games played for Chicago this past season. Hawks did not submit a qualifying offer and he's now a UFA. Probably done in the NHL. I bet Detroit doesn't seem so boring now...

Xavier Ouellet - Asked for a trade to get a fresh start elsewhere. Bought out. Signed a two-way deal with Montreal (shocked). Even with the buyout money, he'll be making less this year than he would have had he stayed with Detroit for another season. Wonder if he regrets that...

Ryan Sproul - 5 points and minus 6 for NYR in 16 games this past season. Rags did not submit a qualifying offer and he is now a UFA. Probably finished at the NHL level. Matt Puempel (who we got for him) was qualified by Detroit and is currently our RFA waiting on a deal.

Brendan Smith - Really rough start this past season. Entered Rags camp fat and out of shape. Was waived to their AHL affiliate and went unclaimed. He rejoined the team later in the season. Played the bottom pair and ended the season with 8 points in 44 games. I was a bit surprised that NYR did not buy him out before FA... but it looks like they will not need the cap space as they are rebuilding now. No point in adding a long buyout to the books.

Kyle ******* Quincey - Played 18 games for Minny this past season. In all likely hood done at the NHL level. Current UFA.

Teemu Pulkkinen - Played zero NHL games this past season, but (per usual) had another great year in the AHL. Vegas has qualified him and he's currently their unsigned RFA. IMO he'll probably never make an impact at the NHL level.

Tomas Nosek - Played his first full season in Vegas on their 4th line and PK. Seemed to fit right into their system as a reliable defensive forward. Scored 15 pts. He is currently an unsigned RFA for Vegas.

Calle Jarnkrok - 35 points in 68 games for Nashville this year playing 2nd and 3rd line minutes.

Mitch Callahan - No NHL games played. 9 points in 45 games played in the AHL this year. A dramatic drop off from his time as a Griffin. He had an alcohol abuse problem in Grand Rapids... looks like the move to the Oilers didn't sober him up at all. Probably no hockey future in North America.

Petr Mrazek - After a rough go with the Wings this year, more ups and downs in Philly, he goes unqualified by the Flyers, and then signs with the Canes. From a $4 million goalie in Detroit, to a $1.5 million goalie in Carolina. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Riley Sheahan - Played 3rd line center for the Pens, notching 32 points. Was just re-signed for similar money that we gave him, about $2 million per.

Tomas Tatar - Since being traded to Vegas has scored very little and is often a healthy scratch. He's still has term on his contract, but his future looks somewhat uncertain. Probably needs time to adjust to Vegas's polar opposite play style/system.

Val Filppula - 33 points in 81 games for the Flyers last season playing on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Signs for $2 million and change with the Islanders.

Alexey Marchenko - KHL

Drew Miller - Sweden

Pavel Datsyuk - KHL

Jakub Kindl - Czech

Andrej Nestrasil - KHL

I'm completely uncertain on this, but I seem to recall Hudler having some health problem that sidelined him. I can't remember if this is before or after the peeing on a plane incident, though. If before, I'd assume nobody wanted to sign a guy who pee'd on an airplane while demanding cocaine. 

38 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Alexey Marchenko - KHL

Drew Miller - Sweden

Pavel Datsyuk - KHL

Jakub Kindl - Czech

Andrej Nestrasil - KHL

You're being a little extra today.

46 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Alexey Marchenko - KHL

Drew Miller - Sweden

Pavel Datsyuk - KHL

Jakub Kindl - Czech

Andrej Nestrasil - KHL

So basically what ur saying is that we haven't lost anyone of significance who would have made much of a difference in our current situation despite all of the Holland hater crybabies calling for his firing.

Thanks for the post tho.

41 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm completely uncertain on this, but I seem to recall Hudler having some health problem that sidelined him. I can't remember if this is before or after the peeing on a plane incident, though. If before, I'd assume nobody wanted to sign a guy who pee'd on an airplane while demanding cocaine. 

Why not? Who doesn't wanna party with a Johnny Football?

20 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So basically what ur saying is that we haven't lost anyone of significance who would have made much of a difference in our current situation despite all of the Holland hater crybabies calling for his firing.

Thanks for the post tho.

Pretty much. The Jarnkrok trade and Janmark trade we got the losing end on in the long run, but that's what you give up when you want to add at the deadline. Even so they both look like career 3rd liners. Same with Sheahan.

Biggest thing we've lost in recent history by far is Datsyuk, but it's not like he's in the NHL anyway.

I think it should point out that pretty much all of our prospects are overrated by us. None have really gone on to do much on other teams.

22 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Thanks for the post tho.

There's a flip side to that coin.  Holland acquired many of these players and they were on the roster, only to be failures.  

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

There's a flip side to that coin.  Holland acquired many of these players and they were on the roster, only to be failures.  

Holland got exactly what he wanted out of those trades. He kept the streak alive without giving up any significant prospects. The players lost haven't hurt the team at all, and would not have been part of a rebuild anyway. The later trades got Holland draft picks he needs to rebuild, again without losing any "building blocks". So those trades end up being a win for what they accomplished.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Holland got exactly what he wanted out of those trades. He kept the streak alive without giving up any significant prospects. The players lost haven't hurt the team at all, and would not have been part of a rebuild anyway. The later trades got Holland draft picks he needs to rebuild, again without losing any "building blocks". So those trades end up being a win for what they accomplished.

I'm not talking about the trades.  I'm talking about the players on that list who many thought would be the future of the Wings.  Players the team drafted and/or invested in.  Guys like Smith, Pulkinnen, Jurco, etc.  They just never materialized for the big club.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

I actually think we kinda missed out on Andrej Nestrasil. Canes got him on waivers, then he had a solid season for them as a bottom 6 net front guy. The next season he goes down with a back injury and the Canes never gave him a shot to regain his roster spot. He made his frustrations public and bolted to the KHL as soon as he could.

This season he had 30 pts in 49 games for his KHL team as one of their top scorers. I think he could've been a productive bottom 6er for us had the Canes not intervened. Always thought he was a pretty well-rounded player despite the lack of hype.

I guess bottom 6ers grow on trees though...

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I actually liked ‘KFQ’...The Winter Classic on HBO gave me a laugh...

Waitress - that guy over there is a fan and wants to buy a round of shots.

KFQ - how about some fish tacos?

:lol:

And we traded this freaking fool for a 1st rounder that turned into Vasilevskiy.  Good thing we don't need a young Vezina candidate.  

38 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

And we traded this freaking fool for a 1st rounder that turned into Vasilevskiy.  Good thing we don't need a young Vezina candidate.  

Vasilevsky would've drastically changed our history. Mrazek probably doesn't get the $4 million deal. Howard probably would've already been traded.

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I actually liked ‘KFQ’...The Winter Classic on HBO gave me a laugh...

Waitress - that guy over there is a fan and wants to buy a round of shots.

KFQ - how about some fish tacos?

:lol:

He never deserved the hate that he got. Not his fault that KH lost him for nothing and then had to give up a 1st rounder to get him back. Not his fault that Holland overpaid when he re-signed him. Q always did exactly what he was asked to do. He was never flashy or elite, but he got the job done. He was an unspectacular 2nd pair D who deserved better than what he got from fans.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Vasilevsky would've drastically changed our history. Mrazek probably doesn't get the $4 million deal. Howard probably would've already been traded.

Who are you kidding. Vasilevsky would've been the BUM that nobody wanted and Mrazek should have been the starter.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

34 minutes ago, Buppy said:

As if we would have drafted Vasilevskiy. If we want to second guess 2012 and how it's effected our goalie situation, we should talk about how we took Paterson three spots ahead of Matt Murray. :)

I wonder sometimes as well how much our development programs affect the quality of our prospects.  Some teams always seem to churn out good goalies, are they better drafters or developers?  Or both?