• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Smith/Hronek Assigned to Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, dmbongreyst said:

Do either of these guys have to return to juniors next year or are they pros?  I can't keep track of all of the rules. Wasn't Saarijarvi up last year and back to juniors?

Hronek can play in GR. Smith has to go back to junior for one more year.

2 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Don't know much about either of these two. Can anyone be so kind as to share their opinion of their potential ceilings?

Hronek is an undersized offensive Dman from Czech. Best case scenario: Rafalski/Krug type.

Smith is big physical shop wrecker. Best case scenario: top 6 powerfoward. Worst case scenario: bottom 6 grinder

7 hours ago, joesuffP said:

What's up with Saarijarvi ?

In regards to what? If you're referring to his lack of games played this season, he underwent wrist surgery earlier this season, but is healthy now. If you're referring to why Smith and Hronek have joined the Griffins and Saarijarvi hasn't it's because Mississauga made the playoffs, which starts tonight (tomorrow for the Steelheads), while both Guelph and Saginaw missed. I'm sure Vili will join the Griffins if / when they're eliminated from the playoffs.

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

http://griffinshockey.com/news-stats/?article_id=3685

Hronek is over a point per game as a D-man in the OHL and Smith is a literal brickhouse. I feel like these 2 are our new top prospects outside of Svech.

Might be naive  but I'm still holding out hope for holmstrom , at the very least hoping he becomes a good 3rd liner who steps up his game in the playoffs  when it counts ... He's got 3 goals and 2 assists in the playoffs already  after breaking the sedins record last year 

looking forward to seeing him in Grand Rapids 

15 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

In regards to what? If you're referring to his lack of games played this season, he underwent wrist surgery earlier this season, but is healthy now. If you're referring to why Smith and Hronek have joined the Griffins and Saarijarvi hasn't it's because Mississauga made the playoffs, which starts tonight (tomorrow for the Steelheads), while both Guelph and Saginaw missed. I'm sure Vili will join the Griffins if / when they're eliminated from the playoffs.

Thanks for the info idk why but I have invested interest in Saarijarvi particularity

Hronek playing in his first pro game tonight, paired with Lashoff. 

Smith not playing. I hope he gets a look at some point down the stretch, but wouldn't be surprised if he's just there as an extra forward to learn how to practice and train as a pro...