• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Smith/Hronek Assigned to Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

In fairness to Hronek he was thrown onto a garbage roster at a point in his career that no Dman besides Seider should've been. He excelled despite that. If anyone's earned big minutes it's him. 

Now he takes a pretty team friendly deal and rookies are playing over him. 

Larkin needs to reign him in and get him on board with this new team. If not, I have doubt Yzerman will trade him and he'll excel somewhere else like he has here.

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Or ya know, could have gone on a 48 hour bender before (and during) the Flames game. 

Czechs do drink a lot. I miss Jiri. 

4 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

In fairness to Hronek he was thrown onto a garbage roster at a point in his career that no Dman besides Seider should've been. He excelled despite that. If anyone's earned big minutes it's him. 

Now he takes a pretty team friendly deal and rookies are playing over him. 

Larkin needs to reign him in and get him on board with this new team. If not, I have doubt Yzerman will trade him and he'll excel somewhere else like he has here.

Czechs do drink a lot. I miss Jiri. 

Just like Mantha..............

10 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Yup, this guy have been force fed responsibility and heavy minutes since day one in the darkest period of this rebuild.

Edited by Akakabuto

11 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Yup, this guy have been force fed responsibility and heavy minutes since day one in the darkest period of this rebuild.

So has Larkin. Until this season so has pretty much anyone on the current team. Every single player has had to play up at least half a spot.

If Hronek's sulking he needs to be more like Zadina. Put your head down, work hard, and acceptt the fact that you have crappy line mates or in this case D partners.

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Just like Mantha..............

I can't get enough of watching KRsmith's favorites bust in Detroit, which he inevitable blames on Detroit's coaching, until they bust elsewhere too. It nourishes my soul.

Edited by kipwinger

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So has Larkin. Until this season so has pretty much anyone on the current team. Every single player has had to play up at least half a spot.

If Hronek's sulking he needs to be more like Zadina. Put your head down, work hard, and expect the fact that you have crappy line mates or in this case D partners.

Larkin consistently have gotten to play with the best players though. I agree with the latter part of your post but I too would be a bit grumpy about having to play 2nd pair minutes now and getting stuck with DK and not getting to play with any of the new and better defenseman.

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

There's no future here for Hronek. Yzerman is assembling a team of 6'4"+ rhode scholars that can skate like Erik Karlsson.

Hronek's IQ level is more Brendan Smith than Mo Seider 

Right on cue...

The team finally adds multiple LHD and you're still stuck playing with DK, and at reduced playtime. Yeah I'd be ticked bit too if I was Hronek. DK shouldn't even be in the lineup and yet Hronek is getting demoted and scratched. 

Oesterle is a good Dman who can actually play at an increased tempo. Yet jeff is leaning on Staal n DK. 

After the TDL I want the blue line looking like this:

Leddy - Seider

Oesterle - Hronek

Witkowski - Lindstrom

Probably they give him about 10 games to find out if he can get his strength back and if not not scratch him. It must be something like that because it´s definitely not his play what keeps him in the lineup.

23 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Larkin should be stripped of it and it handed to Seider in like 1 or 2 seasons when the lockerroom is clearly his. But Yzerman doesn't have big enough balls to ever do it.

You're not worried about giving a German too much power? 

He'll likely take the captaincy anyway because he wants it.  

Edited by GMRwings1983